OpenBLAS Deciding Whether To Drop Support For Russia's Elbrus CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PerformanceExpert View Post

I'm still not sure what you mean but in the recent UN vote 73% of countries voted to condemn the Russian invasion, and 18% abstained for various political reasons. Only Russia, Belarus, Eritrea, North Korea and Syria voted against. So I'd say there is not a lot of support for Russia's war.

Now I agree it would be nice to keep sports and politics separate, but the reality is that has never been possible. Just hosting the Olympics is huge political statement. Sports successes are always talked about in a very nationalistic way. The Olympics coverage even has scoreboards showing which countries win the most medals! And the doping thing is quite relevant since that was a known issue since Soviet Union times and directly related to the political goal of showing everybody who is the better country with the better ideology. The Eurovision festival is also overly nationalistic and political (most vote for their friends irrespectively of the actual performance).

Now if everybody participated individually rather than representing their country then maybe sport might become less political over time.
    Yup, 73%, amongst them, say 100%, 75% that didn't "sanction Russia". My country also voted for that resolution, it means literally nothing, if you know how diplomacy works, you know for sure that those things are agreed in advance, they are meaningless. Those who are trully against Russia, they declared sanctions, and that's far less than 1/4 of the world.

Well, I don't care for sports, I'm just talking in principle. Also, youa re right that video is new, but I can't edit my post, regardless of that, it's a talk show where host is known to say such things, in context, it is not a threat, but either way, it was not Russian officials who said that.

Comment

• Unless Russians go out of their way and use a VPN to try and get independent news abroad, all media shown (especially as of now) is controlled Roskomnadzor so basically their press freedom is on the levels of China/North Korea.
      I'll tell you more, almost no Western media is banned in our country. But all our media are banned from you. And in Ukraine, peaceful journalists are killed by their own authorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

That hole you are digging must be pretty big right now, you just got caught out being incorrect at least own up to it.
        Again, yeah, I was wrong to assume that is one of literally hundreds videos that talk show is doing, they all look alike, and in literally ocean of fake news about Russia, I was quick to dismisss it. How does that change my point (or point you are trying to present, and I'm still not sure what's your point).

Comment

• Originally posted by PerformanceExpert View Post

I know, pretty much all of the free press has been shut down in Russia. And Facebook/Twitter throttled, perhaps banned soon. Apparently school kids are being indoctrinated why the Ukraine invasion was justified.
          LOL. Facebook closed all Russian media pages. In telegram you can find quite a few videos where the Ukraine laugh at the dead and laugh at the Russians. But you won't find videos where Russians laugh at them.
          Last edited by h0tc0d3; 04 March 2022, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post

I'll tell you more, almost no Western media is banned in our country. But all our media are banned from you. And in Ukraine, peaceful journalists are killed by their own authorities.
            Uh Roskomnadzor just released a new directive forbidding any press in Russia to call the operation a "war' and also banning any criticism of the Ukriane operation. Have you been living under rock?

Comment

Uh Roskomnadzor just released a new directive forbidding any press in Russia to call the operation a "war' and also banning any criticism of the Ukriane operation. Have you been living under rock?
              So, why don't you talk about the murdered journalists in Ukraine. Not so long ago, several channels in the Ukraine were closed. And the law prohibited any criticism of the authorities. Once again, I say, you can open any Western media with us. But you will not open any of our media at home! If you don't believe me, I can take screenshots for you. I have more friends in Ukraine. And we look at it all with regret. The Russian Army does not purposefully kill civilians. She kills people who for 10 years called to kill Russians, robbed Ukraine and killed their own inhabitants. This is a big tragedy for all our peoples. We still remember the terrorists in Chechnya who took civilians hostage and blew up our cities. In Ukraine, the same situation.
              Last edited by h0tc0d3; 04 March 2022, 07:29 AM.

Comment

This is Russias CERN with multiple Western Collaborators - no mention of war ...... http://www.jinr.ru/posts/information-by-directorate/
                The directorate is calling it "Just difficult global circumstances" - sure thats why all scientists are gone.

@PutinBots ...stop spreading Propaganda here. In Russia it is not named "War" even if it is a full fledged fucking war moreover an Invasion and even one of the most "open" places in Russia, because of international science, is not allowed to name it what it is.
                Last edited by CochainComplex; 04 March 2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

So, why don't you talk about the murdered journalists in Ukraine. Not so long ago, several channels in the Ukraine were closed there. And the law prohibited any criticism of the authorities. Once again, I say, you can open any Western media with us. But you will not open any of our media at home! If you don't believe me, I can take screenshots for you.
                  Well at least we can openly talk about it in public without risking being sent to prison, getting poisoned from nerve gas or just spontaneously falling off balcony.

And again just putting it out there, none of this justifies invading Ukraine. And every single country in the world apart from Libya, Belarus (Russian vassal state), Cuba, Venezuela and North Korea agrees.

So no matter what you say, its irrelevant because Russia (the government) is on the wrong side of history.

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

@PutinBots ...stop spreading Propaganda here. In Russia it is not named "War" even if it is a full fledged fucking war moreover an Invasion and one of the most "open" places in Russia, because of international science, is not allowed to name it what it is.
                  Thats the thing, they are not allowed to call it a war.
                  Last edited by mdedetrich; 04 March 2022, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Well at least we can openly talk about it in public without risking being sent to prison, getting poisoned from nerve gas or just spontaneously falling off balcony.
                    So no matter what you say, its irrelevant because Russia (the government) is on the wrong side of history.
                    It also speaks of your aggression. You will never meet such statements in Russia addressed to you. You put yourself above other nations and peoples. The mindset of the colonizers of the enslavers. Why, then, in the United States are still oppressing blacks, but no one is oppressing the Udmurts or Chechens of Russia?

Comment

It also speaks of your aggression. You will never meet such statements in Russia addressed to you. You put yourself above other nations and peoples. The mindset of the colonizers of the enslavers. Why, then, in the United States are still oppressing blacks, but no one is oppressing the Udmurts or Chechens of Russia?
                      Ignoring this very obvious case of whatabboutism, you clearly have no idea where I come from (I am not American) and if you did (along with some history) you would realize how misguided that statement is.

Comment

Working...
                      X