• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Want systemd? Try GNU Hurd, But It Still Lacks 64-bit, Audio & USB
    Isn't it Micheal who is main troll outhere It is more about:

Don't Want systemd? Don't Use It.

Comment

Originally posted by cocklover View Post
      Those who works have the power and are Corporations empleyeds(Red Hat, Intel and Google), they act in his Company Name and objectives not thinking about users, and probably those GIT commits have preference over individual commits. Linux is a meritocracy right, probably but a meritocracy where only a few grup have the final word. And that come from Corporations. Is more like a Oligarchy
      A large portions of developers chose to use systemd cause it absorbs other programs and they need, others chose to use extra features. But Half of them was forced.
      There is nothing wrong with open source developers getting paid. They deserve to get paid.

Comment

Even RMS isn't optimistic about the Hurd microkernel. Fun concept, doesn't really work. No 64-bit, no smp, last release was 2013-09-27.

For something that has 20+ years of development, the future seems rather bleak. I don't even think it's currently a microkernel, the drivers are not in user space. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          There is nothing wrong with open source developers getting paid. They deserve to get paid.
          why do you took it out of context?

Comment

why do you took it out of context?
            welcome to phoronix forums

Comment

There is already Hurd clone at early stage of development, it is called x15. It is developed by Hurd developer. It already has RCU, RadixVM and thread migration implementation. But no user space yet. https://www.sceen.net/the-x15-operating-system/

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                It'd just be GNU/Hurd (I think this is already used)
                I was being sarcastic...

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
                  welcome to phoronix forums
                  I believe nobody will have anything against developers getting payed, the trouble is that I prefer people working with real interest in the Linux progress rather than working trying to increase Corporate Revenues. Those interests will never be aligned. And That will disrupt the Linux quality out of corporation products.

Comment

Originally posted by toguro123 View Post
                    I was being a troll...
                    Fixed it for you

Comment

I believe nobody will have anything against developers getting payed, the trouble is that I prefer people working with real interest in the Linux progress rather than working trying to increase Corporate Revenues. Those interests will never be aligned. And That will disrupt the Linux quality out of corporation products.
                      i was just making a joke, you wanna quote the other guy

but ye, people who think big corporations do anything "for the greater good" are deluded
                      well... they do if the "greater good" will bring them more money in the long run
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0 ta tara ra ta ra

Comment

Working...
                      X