Don't Want systemd? Try GNU Hurd, But It Still Lacks 64-bit, Audio & USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by interested View Post
    This is from the basic fact that all major (and many minor) Linux distros have changed to systemd (without any loss of users).
    Originally posted by interested View Post
    That is exactly the point; the vast majority of distro maintainers and Linux users want systemd, and have no intention of using or supporting legacy init-systems like SysVinit.

It is therefore up to those who don't want to use systemd to make and support their non-systemd distros.
    Again, what's your source? Also, do you understand that doing something doesn't necessarily means you agree with that, right?
    There is this thing called "logic", you should learn it before spreading more bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
      Again, what's your source? Also, do you understand that doing something doesn't necessarily means you agree with that, right?
      There is this thing called "logic", you should learn it before spreading more bullshit.
      Not, that it's my place to say this, but I'm going to anyway....

The whole systemd movement has been anti-userbase since it's inception. Their target has always been to displace the existing linux userspace with a new one that could facilitate the dumbed down userbase they prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        I'm not stupid. I can compehend code that I look at for the most part. As long as I can figure out what it is they are trying to do. I can even fix minor problems with code. Don't make the mistake of thinking only programmers are competent.
        Be that as it may, a non-developer simply does not have the skillset required to make that particular comment about a codebase, you can talk about it being buggy, you can talk about features, and in systemd's case it consuming things... but statements about coherency and design are simply not something a non-developer has the skillset to remark about.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
          Be that as it may, a non-developer simply does not have the skillset required to make that particular comment about a codebase, you can talk about it being buggy, you can talk about features, and in systemd's case it consuming things... but statements about coherency and design are simply not something a non-developer has the skillset to remark about.
          That just brings us back full circle to the crutch that systemd "advocates" resort to in every discussion that comes up.

I really hope that someday a team a very skilled developers decide to develop a new init in all the ways a modern init should. Systemd does meet those needs in some ways, but it's too much more than that. It solves other problems too like logind, but again it's too much more that that.
          Last edited by duby229; 06 February 2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X