Don't Want systemd? Try GNU Hurd, But It Still Lacks 64-bit, Audio & USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cocklover View Post
    Those who works have the power and are Corporations empleyeds(Red Hat, Intel and Google), they act in his Company Name and objectives not thinking about users, and probably those GIT commits have preference over individual commits. Linux is a meritocracy right, probably but a meritocracy where only a few grup have the final word. And that come from Corporations. Is more like a Oligarchy
    A large portions of developers chose to use systemd cause it absorbs other programs and they need, others chose to use extra features. But Half of them was forced.
    Unless you have some evidence of commits made by corporation employees to community projects having priority over commits made by independent developers, I'm inclined to believe you are making up bullshit so you can feel some sort of self-righteous outrage at developers that don't owe you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
      i was just making a joke, you wanna quote the other guy

but ye, people who think big corporations do anything "for the greater good" are deluded
      well... they do if the "greater good" will bring them more money in the long run
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0 ta tara ra ta ra
      Yes, I tried to quote both but I deleted the other message. XD don't worry I understanded your message

Comment

I believe nobody will have anything against developers getting payed, the trouble is that I prefer people working with real interest in the Linux progress rather than working trying to increase Corporate Revenues. Those interests will never be aligned. And That will disrupt the Linux quality out of corporation products.
        Well, then that's what you should have said.

In that case it's not open source devs you're aligning with, it's copyleft you're aligning with. In a lot of ways, I agree. That's why I really like redhat. Redhat still made a great platform model to build a business on. And they pay it forward in a lot of ways to various communities.

Not every bussiness model is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
          The correct term is GNU/Linux so why should we use the name Linux again when the Linuxkernel is removed? the gnu tools are not magicly linux tools today or did I miss something?

it fucks me more up if people talk aobut linux but mean android. Either you think of linux as a os, then its your term for gnu/linux, or you think it as a kernel, but then cant a OS be a kernel, like android be a linux.
          +1
          RMS is angry when we say "Linux" to talk about operating system.

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          It'd just be GNU/Hurd (I think this is already used)
          GNU/Hurd is used.

But in GNU/Linux, Linux refers to the kernel.
          In GNU/Hurd, I think it's ambigous, Hurd is not a kernel. The Hurd is firstly a collection of protocols formalizing how different components may interact. Hurd uses GNU Mach as microkernel (based on Mach).
          I think nobody uses GNU/Mach ou GNU/GNU Mach (why not ?) as operating system name, you can find GNU Mach here. In fact, in my point of view, simply call it GNU, because RMS had tried to build GNU in a Free and compatible replacement for Unix.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            Well, then that's what you should have said.

In that case it's not open source devs you're aligning with, it's copyleft you're aligning with. In a lot of ways, I agree. That's why I really like redhat. Redhat still made a great platform model to build a business on. And they pay it forward in a lot of ways to various communities.

Not every bussiness model is bad.
            Where is the real duby....you do know that RHEL 7 switched to systemd right?

Michael plz check his IP
            I'm afraid something is terribly wrong.

Comment

Get a grip man! You do realize that some idiots had the same attachment to their TTY terminals back in the day. Technology changes for the better, you either adapt or become a dinosaur.

In my opinion people should not be forced to leave Linux if doesn't like systemd, and that is the root of the trouble with systemd, they force you to use it cause some devs like Gnome KDE want to use some systemd features, or they say make your own implementation of x feature to run it. From the developer POV is ok, they are free to use systemd dependency but from the user side it looks like a imposement, from the POV of distro maintainers and package mantainers is a imposement, a requeriment to run X or Y software, wich leds him to use it to have some software but that could make some of his users unhappy and leave the distro. Linux is maintained by coorporations as well systemd, which tends to look like a Corporation software and it's heading the course of linux, which is fine cause Coorps maintain linux while Linus is getting fat every day giving some talks around the globe and gives a shit. This is a contradiction to people saying that Linux is free of the evil hands of coorps like MS, cause not. Linux is just another corp product and people doesn't know that. So use GNU HURD is a good idea, but just to not be folished by the "freedom" of Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                Get a grip man! You do realize that some idiots had the same attachment to their TTY terminals back in the day. Technology changes for the better, you either adapt or become a dinosaur.
                I was really attached to my old Sony GDM-FW900 monitor. I repaired it 4 times before I gave up on it.

Comment

Please give up on this nonsense. And frankly learn to write with clarity.

Those who works have the power and are Corporations empleyeds(Red Hat, Intel and Google), they act in his Company Name and objectives not thinking about users, and probably those GIT commits have preference over individual commits.
                  A commit is a commit. Frankly your use of the word "probably" indicates that you have no idea what you are talking about and have resorted to trolling.

Beyond that what do you have against corporations or even groups of people contributing to the development of the Kernel and supporting software?
                  Linux is a meritocracy right, probably but a meritocracy where only a few grup have the final word. And that come from Corporations.
                  Scared of corporations are we?
                  Is more like a Oligarchy
                  A large portions of developers chose to use systemd cause it absorbs other programs and they need, others chose to use extra features. But Half of them was forced.
                  No body is forced to do anything. They have option right within the LINUX community if they don't like SystemD. I really sorry that modernization gets you all wound up. As such I might suggest that you look into FreeDOS for your operating system needs.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                    but what will we call script kiddies then ?
                    gui kiddies ? ...just doesn't sound right

PS it's obvious cocklover is not a native inglish speaker
                    (inglish 'cus the spellchecker wanted to capitalize english)

Comment

I believe nobody will have anything against developers getting payed,
                      Getting paid means having a revenue of some sort.
                      the trouble is that I prefer people working with real interest in the Linux progress rather than working trying to increase Corporate Revenues.
                      Corporate revenues come from enhancing LINUX to make it acceptable to a wider audience. Those revenues are needed to pay the wages of the employees that are enhancing LINUX. Do you see how this works.
                      Those interests will never be aligned.
                      The interests are directly aligned. If the quality of LINUX actually suffers because of SystemD sales will go down along with revenue. Developer get laid off and LINUX suffers. Their is a direct corporate interest in doing what is right for LINUX.
                      And That will disrupt the Linux quality out of corporation products.
                      And that does not parse into anything logical!

Beyond all of this what really is your problem with SystemD? Real problems only not the imaginary ones we have heard so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X