Mozilla Has A New CEO To Focus On The Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

mozilla's engine is a nightmare, this is why barely anything actually uses gecko aside from firefox and forks. If only mozilla didn't kill of servo, we could be running that, but alas, maybe in the future since servo is now under active development again
    Servo has no plans to become a full browser engine (that was my hope for a new browser build of it), they are targeting this application GUI thing mostly.

Comment

Smart breast pumps, hmmm...
      Will it be possible to control your CHROME with FIREFOX?
      (Cyberpunk 2077 players get this joke)

Comment

Laura Chambers's ex McKinsey, and aussie aussie aussie! Both good things, I hope.

Comment

A few days ago I tried to defend Firefox in the other forum topic, but after reading this news and thread...

Please somebody fork Firefox like you did with Libreoffice and let Mozilla hit the ground the way they want to.

And don't forget to take GTK and Thunderbird with you.
          Last edited by sobrus; 09 February 2024, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Wow - it didn’t take long for the breast pump jokes. I didn’t realize how many adolescent incels read Phoronix. They are not useless - ask any woman who’s had a baby (if you know any women). And they are not for rich women - they are covered by insurance as a medical expense.
            The only thing I’m going to add is thank goodness for family leave - you now find fewer breast milk jars in the fridge at work.

Comment

Originally posted by alphabitserial View Post
              Holy fuck, the comments here are a cesspool. phoronix You really need to moderate your forum. This is ridiculous.
              It's only because the average age of the Phoronix users this morning is about 13 going on 12.

Comment

Originally posted by darkoverlordofdata View Post
                Wow - it didn’t take long for the breast pump jokes. I didn’t realize how many adolescent incels read Phoronix. They are not useless - ask any woman who’s had a baby (if you know any women). And they are not for rich women - they are covered by insurance as a medical expense.
                The only thing I’m going to add is thank goodness for family leave - you now find fewer breast milk jars in the fridge at work.
                Seems like a rather inappropriate thing to ask unless it's a partner (in which case you'd probably know already)

Comment

Originally posted by alphabitserial View Post
                  Holy fuck, the comments here are a cesspool. phoronix You really need to moderate your forum. This is ridiculous.
                  The real children are those who beg for censorship.

Comment

Originally posted by archkde View Post

LOL, imagining that loading a website leads to less tracking than showing a fully in-app welcome screen that doesn't even try to connect to the internet.
                    an app can get a lot more information from the computer than a website, ofcourse google is changing that with its butt ton of unneccesary API that would alllow them to do exactly that. Ofcourse that would not be a problem if the average consumer had better routers with private DNS management, firewalls, vlans etc. But ofcourse ISPs dont want that.
                    Last edited by cj.wijtmans; 09 February 2024, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkoverlordofdata View Post
                      I dont think its about the breast pump itself, it is about a breast pump sales woman managing a software company. Basically woosh, it went over your autistic head.

Comment

Working...
                      X