Mozilla Has A New CEO To Focus On The Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post
    B) They can't afford to stay home if they even want to, because wages have been depressed since the 60s
    Ever since women entered the labor force en mass.

Comment

Mozilla really got rotten from a very small toxic group and their greed… It has to cease.

Comment

Originally posted by krzyzowiec View Post

No man is threatened by any woman. It's just that emotions don't really have a place in business, and women, being emotional creatures, make the workplace environment a disaster. The amount of fighting, bitterness, and backstabbing that occurs is unbelievable. The focus shifts from the meritocratic nature of engineering excellence to feel good platitudes about how you are making the world better or "fighting injustice" (which is never fully enumerated or quantified, so no progress can actually be measured). Everyone must be on their toes, concerned with accusations of sexual harassment, hurt feelings from insensitive comments, or whining as a result of their victimhood/identity crisis. Work is hard enough as it is without introducing these elements into the equation.
        Oh wow, it's difficult for me to believe that you actually said that krzyzowiec.

I worked in the Silicon Valley from the 1970s to 2000s, and all the bigoted claims you make about women being the source of fighting, bitterness, and backstabbing were carried out by men.

Not all men of course, as character and conduct are individual traits primarily molded during youth, and have nothing to do with sex, race, or ethnicity.

But, wow again, to claim that women are responsible for bad character and conduct, and men are simply meritorious and cooperative, is truly beyond the pale. And has nothing to do with reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Artim View Post

As long as you are on Android, try RethinkDNS. Best system wide ad blocker I've seen so far.
          Use rethink daily, a great tool, they finally recently added wireguard support too now so it plays nicely with most VPN services

Comment

There is a trend now, "Wall-Street CEO"s taking over from Engineering/Techy CEOs and taking companies down... Isn't this how Boeing is also being taken down or the previous CEO of Mozilla?

Comment

Anux

Lactation can vary from women to women, also feeding behaviour from child to child.

SWIM's second child had a persistent habit of feeding from one breast, emptying it fully, and then not wanting any more milk. If they stopped early to give the other breast, the kid would simply not attach. This led to the other breast being full until next session, causing pain and "leaks".

I think a "smart" pump would've been helpful. Not smart in the "connects to the Internet" way. Personally the only "smart" appliances I want are phones and computers. And if I have complete control of how smart they are the better.

But a wearable pump that smartly collects milk throughout the day would have been nice.

Also, pumps have many more uses. Not only for working mom's, who might even be still in the workforce because *gasp* they enjoy working and the father's schedule allows for that with absolutely no compromise, the father might want to cover for the mom while she visits family in the hospital, have a dinner with friends to de-stress etc.

If your child,like SWIM's is precise like a shift clock and you know you won't be around to nurse on demand when they are hungry, pumped milk is always (imo) preferable to formula.

There's also the option of donating breast milk, cause some mom's can't produce, or have some health issue that could harm their baby.

I know I personally used to donate blood (before taking hairloss pills...), if I were a mother who really lactated A LOT more than necessary, like some women are, having a "smart" as in "automatic" pump quietly collect milk throughout the day would be great.

Comment

Please take this as casual conversation. I just want to ask you a few questions out of curiosity, this is not me trying to "convince" you or "prove you wrong". I won't even say I stand in the other side of you on this issue. I'm just ACTUALLY curious.

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

a) They are far more innocent than their mothers and fathers, being unborn they are uncorrupt yet, they deserve a chance
                Are you religious? Something that I always wondered, and have had a very insightful conversation with a LDS believer friend of mine (and if you know their faith you'll see that even in the question's assumptions there already was a lot he could explain to me/teach me), is the following moral quandary:

If I know that killing would take me to "hell" or something of the sort; and I know people who die without sin is promised a place in heaven. Isn't intentionally killing babies the greatest selfless act? I'm casting my whole eternity into the fire, but am 100% guaranteeing the heaven for someone else. Saving their souls by default, while condemning mine in their places.

b) Babies are weak and incapable of defending themselves and voicing their will to live. If they could talk, they would certainly object to being murdered by an abortion. No one wants to die. And since we are good and honest humans, we have to defend the weak and innocent from the murderous Jezebels who think being free humans means freedom to murder other humans, even inside their bellies
                Do you think you can discern a human embryo from any other mammal's at the third week? What about the 4th?

If you want I can send you the pictures.

I ask because I am sure an adult cow or pig or whatever would also complain about being killed if they could, at the same time I'm sure no mammal, given the ability to talk, would complain about being terminated when before like, Carnegie stage 12, probably much more, if not all embryonic stages...

I ask these questions to know, are you vegan? You might be, and I'll commend you on that if nothing else for having consistent morals. But I ask these things because you mentioned "killing babies", but I'm sure that (aside from my previous question on point a) every other person who talked about abortion etc were talking about embryos. And I think it is disingenuous to talk about "babies" in this context... Not to mention I don't think painting a villainous character like "murderous jezebels" can have any benefit on the conversation. But I guess to each their own.

c) It is also funny that the vast majority of the left wingers who love abortions and say "my body my choice", are the same people who told me i couldn't go to work or to any other public place during the "covid 19 pandemic" because i decided that "my body my choice" and didn't get an experimental vaccine. I didn't kill anyone though.... Funny how it is this kind of people who think they can dictate what others do with their own bodies, but when it comes to killing babies then they want absolute freedom...
                Yeah, it is funny. Sure, if "your choice" only affected yourself, I bet you my net worth the "left" wouldn't complain.

And I say "left" with quotations because any rational person who read and understood their own research would hold the opinion that a community effort to make the most out of herd immunity was worth it.

And funny how even now, when all the dust has settled, we have millions of bodies buried and all the data we want that shows, unmistakenly, that 1) the vaccine was completely safe and 2) the higher the vaccination rates for a community the lower the mortality; we can still have people not looking into it and calling it a "pandemic" with quotes around it.

I'm glad you didn't have to lose any loved ones, but am mildly hurt you can't empathise with how many of your peers, like me, have. I'd expect a more welcoming, charitable, more caring, attitude from someone who holds opinions like yours. WWJD and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

Use rethink daily, a great tool, they finally recently added wireguard support too now so it plays nicely with most VPN services
                  And then you look at iOS and realize that such apps can simply never exist there since there's no way to bring apps to the user without paying a fortune. But hey, if people are crazy enough to choose that dump they'll have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DumbFsck View Post
                    Please take this as casual conversation. I just want to ask you a few questions out of curiosity, this is not me trying to "convince" you or "prove you wrong". I won't even say I stand in the other side of you on this issue. I'm just ACTUALLY curious.

Are you religious? Something that I always wondered, and have had a very insightful conversation with a LDS believer friend of mine (and if you know their faith you'll see that even in the question's assumptions there already was a lot he could explain to me/teach me), is the following moral quandary:

If I know that killing would take me to "hell" or something of the sort; and I know people who die without sin is promised a place in heaven. Isn't intentionally killing babies the greatest selfless act? I'm casting my whole eternity into the fire, but am 100% guaranteeing the heaven for someone else. Saving their souls by default, while condemning mine in their places.

Do you think you can discern a human embryo from any other mammal's at the third week? What about the 4th?

If you want I can send you the pictures.

I ask because I am sure an adult cow or pig or whatever would also complain about being killed if they could, at the same time I'm sure no mammal, given the ability to talk, would complain about being terminated when before like, Carnegie stage 12, probably much more, if not all embryonic stages...

I ask these questions to know, are you vegan? You might be, and I'll commend you on that if nothing else for having consistent morals. But I ask these things because you mentioned "killing babies", but I'm sure that (aside from my previous question on point a) every other person who talked about abortion etc were talking about embryos. And I think it is disingenuous to talk about "babies" in this context... Not to mention I don't think painting a villainous character like "murderous jezebels" can have any benefit on the conversation. But I guess to each their own.

Yeah, it is funny. Sure, if "your choice" only affected yourself, I bet you my net worth the "left" wouldn't complain.

And I say "left" with quotations because any rational person who read and understood their own research would hold the opinion that a community effort to make the most out of herd immunity was worth it.

And funny how even now, when all the dust has settled, we have millions of bodies buried and all the data we want that shows, unmistakenly, that 1) the vaccine was completely safe and 2) the higher the vaccination rates for a community the lower the mortality; we can still have people not looking into it and calling it a "pandemic" with quotes around it.

I'm glad you didn't have to lose any loved ones, but am mildly hurt you can't empathise with how many of your peers, like me, have. I'd expect a more welcoming, charitable, more caring, attitude from someone who holds opinions like yours. WWJD and all that.
                    OK, another antichrist liberal/communist, but i will "bite":

1) I am not religious, i don't like religion. I am a Christian. Real genuine Christianity is not a religion, it is a faith. But this is a deep discussion. To answer your ignorant question, Christianity never promised that you had to die without sin to get into heaven. You are displaying your ignorance of Christianity at full scale here. The Bible is clear, that all people are sinners and can't be redeemed but only by faith in Jesus Christ. That's the ticket to heaven, God promised to ignore our sins if we have honest faith to Jesus and follow Him. As for the "moral act" of killing babies, it is the same thing like saying that a rich filthy tyrrant oppresses his people and stealing all their money in order for them to go to heaven because being rich is bad, therefore he is a saint.... Even if it was possible, which it isn't, it is actually a mortal sin to think that you can take the place of Jesus Christ and send people to heaven yourself, instead of Him (the worst sin of all, Pride, that's what lead to the fall of Satan himself)... Of course we all know that the filthy creatures who perform and/or support abortions don't do it for this, they do it because of their selfishness and evil.

2) Your question about discerning a human embryo from other mammals very early in its development, is irrelevant. You can't argue that it is a human embryo and not another mammal, since it is inside a woman... It is meant to become a human being in a few months, unless interrupted. Women do not give birth to dogs or cats. So all abortions end the life of would be children and human beings. Yes it is an early stage of development, but they are still human. They are still people. Every person alive today was a 3rd or 4th week embryo at some point. You were. I was. Would we like it if our mothers had decided they didn't want us to exist and had a butcher crush us and throw us to the garbage bin? We wouldn't have this conversation now, would we? Why deny that chance to other human beings? Just because they are embryos? There is no right to kill another, whatever his stage at life is. Because the road is a slippery slope, once you justify killing someone because he is not at the ideal stage of life, you could justify other killings at other stages of life for similar reasons, for example killing the crippled eldery who can't remember a thing, like Joe Biden.

As for the animals, they are animals, not humans. We are not the same. Of course if you want to believe you are equal to a cow, i won't stop you, you are. Certainly in intellect in such a case. But proper humans believe that humans are superior, and those animals are our food. There is nothing immoral about killing for food. Of course, like lions, we should kill our pray quicky, as painless as possible, and only to eat, not for pleasure. But killing animals to eat them is not immoral, even if they object. We are designed to eat them. The belief that humans are nothing more than animals, is a core satanist/communist/antichrist belief, and it is used to justify abortions as well, as all other evil that they do. And it is a false belief, we are not animals, it can be proven easily by the fact that no other animal can form a civilization like we do.

3) Like clockwork, you proved my original point, that all the left wingers and communists were in favor of the pseudo pandemic and the big pharma "vaccines". Nothing you said is true or proven, in fact, the opposite is true, it has been PROVEN that vaccines didn't work, they didn't provide any herd immunity at all, and people weren't even in danger in the first place. Ask this simple question: Why people aren't getting vaccinated anymore? And if they aren't, why aren't they dying in droves? Covid didn't just dissappear, did it? It is still out there... Of course we all know the reason, even you do but pride won't let you admit it: Covid was never dangerous, and the vaccines did nothing to stop it anyway. That's why for many months/years now, people ceased getting vaccinated in droves, and nothing happened. No doom, no piles of dead in the streets, nothing.

The reason you can't admit you were wrong, is pride. I don't expect prideful sinners to admit they were both wrong and awful towards the people who were right all along. You have to continue keeping up the act in order to maintain your pride, like all narcissists do. Avoiding narcissistic injury and such. As such, i expect you to keep doing a booster shot every 6 months, and oh, wear a mask at all times, covid is still out there....
                    Last edited by TemplarGR; 10 February 2024, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

OK, another antichrist liberal/communist, but i will "bite":
                      Wrong, then wrong/wrong. And as I said, this is a conversation, not a bait for you to bite.

Some self reflection should be in order. No need to be so quick to judge and paint any other person as some subhuman not worthy of respect.

1) I am not religious, i don't like religion. I am a Christian. Real genuine Christianity is not a religion, it is a faith. But this is a deep discussion.
                      I fully disagree with your escathology/theology. But this is one of my issues with people from your religion, ask ten Christians to tell you about what it means to be Christian and you'll get eleven different answers.

Anyways.

To answer your ignorant question, Christianity never promised that you had to die without sin to get into heaven.
                      I didn't even imply that was the case. Or maybe you misspoke?

The Bible is clear, that all people are sinners and can't be redeemed but only by faith in Jesus Christ. That's the ticket to heaven, God promised to ignore our sins if we have honest faith to Jesus and follow Him.
                      It is a shame then. From my understanding of other people's Christianity, kids who were stillborn or died from child cancer or any other natural causes all went to heaven. You know, innocence like you said and all that..

I know our mortal minds can't comprehend God's way, but the brain He gave us can't but feel it is unfair to rhe poor baby's soul to not even be given the opportunity to recognise and follow Jesus Christ.

I could say the same to the billions of souls innocently lost before word of the lord reached them, like say an inuit in the first, second, tenth century.

Some Christians believe if you led a just life even without ever knowing the word of God, you'd have a place in their palaces. I think I like their Christianity more than yours.

As for the "moral act" of killing babies, it is the same thing like saying that a rich filthy tyrrant oppresses his people and stealing all their money in order for them to go to heaven because being rich is bad, therefore he is a saint.... Even if it was possible, which it isn't, it is actually a mortal sin to think that you can take the place of Jesus Christ and send people to heaven yourself, instead of Him (the worst sin of all, Pride, that's what lead to the fall of Satan himself)
                      You seem to forget, the premise of the question already acknowledges the person taking the babies' lives already accepted they are due to eternal suffering. I don't see how a sin being greater than other would impact on that.

Still, the comparison you have with a rich tyrant enslaving people is also interesting. Suppose this tyrant has these slaves from birth, and that he denies them even the opportunity to know there IS a God, let alone who that God is and their holy rules - that goes back to the point that, my brain, created by God in its image, makes me feel like this is cosmically unfair to those souls.

.. Of course we all know that the filthy creatures who perform and/or support abortions don't do it for this, they do it because of their selfishness and evil.
                      Have you ever sat down with a woman who had to have an abortion? I don't know if this strawman of yours exists, aside from prostitutes later paid by politicians to have one. Or even politicians themselves who were paid escorts and had multiple abortions in their earlier life.

Either way, that does not bear any weight to any of the questions I asked. But OK. I just wanted to know your position about what happens to the babies' souls. And I believe you answered they are damned for all eternity, which makes me sad for all the reasons I listed above.

2) Your question about discerning a human embryo from other mammals very early in its development, is irrelevant.
                      For context, the reason I asked was because you said the embryos would complain about being aborted, and used that to justify your take. I wanted to see where the line was, cause, as you later state, a living being wanting to preserve their life can't be an argument for not taking it, at least not withing your worldview.

You can't argue that it is a human embryo and not another mammal, since it is inside a woman... It is meant to become a human being in a few months, unless interrupted. Women do not give birth to dogs or cats. So all abortions end the life of would be children and human beings. Yes it is an early stage of development, but they are still human. They are still people.
                      I disagree, in principle. I'd say "meant" is a very strong word in there, those bunch of cells aren't "meant" to be anything, in principle. They are not yet people.

I'm mostly against abortion currently. It's a topic I go back and forth a lot. But if now I'm 55 against and 45 for, I can tell you for certain that those 45 would never be in favour of frivolous abortions, and never in favour of aborting a late stage embryo. The line in the sand is usually like 3 weeks. But the way I see it, if the stage of development could be achieved outside of a womb, so like, if I'm able to spray some sperm on some eggs in a petri dish and make those cells develop and multiply etc, that could be fair game. On the other hand, if we are able to take a fetus out of a womb and it is able to survive outside, it is too late to allow an abortion. Between those two lines is where I'd draw mine, but where exactly I'd delegate to someone who understands this better than I do, of course.

Every person alive today was a 3rd or 4th week embryo at some point. You were. I was. Would we like it if our mothers had decided they didn't want us to exist and had a butcher crush us and throw us to the garbage bin? We wouldn't have this conversation now, would we? Why deny that chance to other human beings? Just because they are embryos? There is no right to kill another, whatever his stage at life is. Because the road is a slippery slope, once you justify killing someone because he is not at the ideal stage of life, you could justify other killings at other stages of life for similar reasons, for example killing the crippled eldery who can't remember a thing, like Joe Biden.
                      You bring some interesting questions to mind. Like, have you heard the saying "a man can't cross a river twice"? What are your thoughts on it?

You know, my LDS friend I mentioned earlier, and their whole religion, don't believe in souls? For the LDS church the day of reckoning and the rapture are physical events. We will live again in our own bodies, and heaven will be on earth. The sinners either won't be brought back or will be and then die or something.

This is one of the reasons I love asking these kinds of questions, there's always a different point of view from which we can learn. I have atheist friends, and they have specificities amongst them as well, catholic friends (after all, it is the oldest sect, with lineage directly to Paul [in theory, there are margins to disagreement there]), quite a few Lutherans (after all, the only civil war in my country was between Lutheran and catholics, to see who were the more correct Christians) and many from other reformist churches with lineage from the great awakening in America, late 1800's, when all types of belief systems were being generated in the northeast. From LDS to Christian science to water healing. Those are very interesting, most say you have to follow litteraly what the Bible says, something Lutheran, Anglicans, Catholics etc don't necessarily agree, but then disagree with what the words on the paper mean.

For the example of my LDS friend talking about people not having souls separate from their bodies, he brings up the fact (and it is a fact,I checked) that nowhere in the bible it says we do. If I recall correctly the only most similar statement to it is a passage in one of the King's stories when one of the descendants of David gets some other decendant of Abraham to talk to him in search of advice. The Bible describes it as being really that person, not an illusion or memecrie, but the spirit does not give advice and condemns their decendant because of their use of witchcraft.

I also really love the interpretation the Orthodox Christians have of what comes to pass after Jesus dies and before he returns. There is a passage saying he "goes below" and kills the keeper of the underworld or something like that, to the orthodox, that means the Devil is dead and there is no more hell. I like that interpretation. And like for many Christians the Easter Sunday is the most sacred day, for them is Saturday or Friday, i.e. The day the devil was killed.

The other question I think is interesting, what are your thoughts on assisted death? My country is notorious for having it allowed for quite some time.

Also, what are your thoughts on death penalty?

As for the animals, they are animals, not humans. We are not the same. Of course if you want to believe you are equal to a cow, i won't stop you, you are. Certainly in intellect in such a case. But proper humans believe that humans are superior, and those animals are our food. There is nothing immoral about killing for food. Of course, like lions, we should kill our pray quicky, as painless as possible, and only to eat, not for pleasure. But killing animals to eat them is not immoral, even if they object. We are designed to eat them. The belief that humans are nothing more than animals, is a core satanist/communist/antichrist belief, and it is used to justify abortions as well, as all other evil that they do. And it is a false belief, we are not animals, it can be proven easily by the fact that no other animal can form a civilization like we do.
                      "designed". Ok.

Sometimes I think, what if there comes a superinteligent extraterrestrial being, someone of much greater intellect and technology, how could I argued with them that they should not eat me? I think this is analogous to the quandary the other animals go through.

Another vein of the same question, what if some people come from lands afar. They also believe Jesus walked the earth, they also believe in Jesus's lineage to David as described (differently) in the gospels. But they say another prophet came four centuries after and taught them the way, which is different than the way of Christianity just like Christianity's way is different from Judaism, although both believe in the same God and Abraham, David, etc. How can a Christian ever disprove them? The secrad texts of the Torah were superceded, to the Christians, for the teachings of Jesus Christ, surely that could be reasoning to justify The Bible being superceded by newer teachings straight from God through another prophet. If I'm not mistaken, that is precisely what the Mormons believe, with Joseph Smith being the one overwriting it, the Christian scientists the same but for Mary Baker, and then, the ones from my example, the Muslims with Mohamed.

How can we, I or you, tell which one is right and which is wrong? If we were to be born instead in their culture, how could we tell then?

I think these are questions any faithful should ask, just like I said I ask myself how could I justify not being eaten by the superior extra terrestrial, I think it is interesting to ask how can I judge and separate right from wrong in terms of religion. If I say I know it to be true in my heart of hearts, I can bet there are people from every single other credence that can swear on the same.

Man, I know our mortal minds are not able to understand God's ways, but if He designed us, my brain, designed by Him, can't help but think he should have designed a way for us to tell, so we wouldn't have to have endless wars arguing whose faith is the correct one.

3) Like clockwork, you proved my original point, that all the left wingers and communists were in favor of the pseudo pandemic and the big pharma "vaccines". Nothing you said is true or proven, in fact, the opposite is true, it has been PROVEN that vaccines didn't work, they didn't provide any herd immunity at all, and people weren't even in danger in the first place. Ask this simple question: Why people aren't getting vaccinated anymore? And if they aren't, why aren't they dying in droves? Covid didn't just dissappear, did it? It is still out there... Of course we all know the reason, even you do but pride won't let you admit it: Covid was never dangerous, and the vaccines did nothing to stop it anyway. That's why for many months/years now, people ceased getting vaccinated in droves, and nothing happened. No doom, no piles of dead in the streets, nothing.

The reason you can't admit you were wrong, is pride. I don't expect prideful sinners to admit they were both wrong and awful towards the people who were right all along. You have to continue keeping up the act in order to maintain your pride, like all narcissists do. Avoiding narcissistic injury and such. As such, i expect you to keep doing a booster shot every 6 months, and oh, wear a mask at all times, covid is still out there....
                      I don't understand. Are you actually denying the reality that millions of people died?

I admitted I was wrong quite often during the whole pandemic. For example in the beginning the CDC and WHO were saying that masks did not help. I believed them, then I looked into it myself and reached the conclusion that masks must help, admitting then that I was wrong in just believing what they said. A couple of weeks later they were in agreement. And honestly it is common sense.

I thought it was only dangerous for the elderly or obese and unhealthy etc., but then there were footballers and NBA players dying and being hospitalised with severe life threatening symptoms, and I admitted I was wrong. Through the whole ordeal I learned and everytime something new contradicted what I previously believed, I admitted I was wrong.

Somehow I think you didn't do the same.

But, you know, if you are saying that the three family members I have had die from covid complications didn't actually die, sure. I guess if you choose to not read what I write than that means I don't have an opinion, and that if you can't see God than He doesn't exist.

Anf now you ask how come a virus to which billions of people the world over got increased immunity towards is having trouble causing as much mayhem as it did when no one had any sort of immunity to it... I guess I can't answer you.

Even like you said, that the virus and some different strains are still out there. I have had in late December two friends have it. One even had to get ventilated, while the other was really knocked down but was able to just stay at home. I also had it in November, it was my first time. I had basically all the symptoms in every description, but very mild, one day I was knackered, but the next day much better and two days later basically nothing.

Can you guess which of my two friends was vaccinated and which one wasn't? In terms of "defense against narcissistic injury" or whatever, I think you might pretend I'm lying. So if you want I can schedule a call, with hospital receipts to show.

All I'm saying is true, and if you cared to look for yourself, doing your research like I did mine, you'd reach the same sensible conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                      X