Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pgoetz View Post
    That upgrade was transparent and did not cause massive breakage on any of the several Arch systems I upgraded.
    I think you missed the part where I said "latest iso", which was the February one. Nobody was talking about your existing Arch system nor any "upgrades" in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      I have my doubts. Why you do stupid shit like mounting a ro overlay on /usr "to save space" when you don't even grasp the basics of the distro? You are asking for trouble.
      Because it's a VM, that exists only on tmpfs? And I have several running already. All from tmpfs (this is nothing new for me btw). squashfs with LZ4 is insanely fast and reduces from 2 GB to 400 MB. Also, obviously automatic because I have a script that does it, it's not just for the Arch VM, lol.

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Seriously what the fuck.

I just told you that the library fuckup was done by the distro's package manager (or something else, more likely it was you doing stupid shit with /usr or other stuff you didn't tell), and you proceed to say you "don't care that it is systemd fault or not", then proceed to blame systemd for this issue again.

Are you seriously trying to channel debianxfce's spirit? Because that's right into his alley of mind-fuckery.
      Because it's always systemd I had issues with when I didn't look for it at all. He fucked up because of systemd etc. I didn't say it was systemd's fault directly? I said it gets in my way.

Comment

• Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        Use systemd with the Amlogic S912 SOC and the android 3.19 kernel that has audio support. No go, systemd supports only newer kernels. No audio support in mainline kernels. http://linux-meson.com/doku.php
        Like I said, no valid points have been made. Can't blame amlogic's incompetence on systemd.

Systemd is developed for servers only and systemd developer idiots do not realize that Linux is used everywhere.
        Uhm, ok.... I hope you get professional help.

Comment

• Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          Devuan maintainers are not logical, pulseaudio is a bigger bomb than systemd.
          i'm sure they will be happy to discuss it with you on conference. you should come

Comment

• Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
            Doesn't ALSA just provide a low level API? What's wrong with it?
            implementation. there are bugs in drivers, you know. bugs which were blamed on pa

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
              Can systemd just go fuck itself? I'm sick of it controlling everything and getting in my way. I've never had this kind of issues on any other VM without it. Just fuck off already.
              sure, if you don't want systemd to cleanly unmount your filesystems, just press reset button

Comment

Q: "My system won't boot because systemd craps out, what do I do?"
                A: "That's a problem with you, because you want to boot your PC, and systemd clearly doesn't want it, so it's your problem not systemd's, because it took control of your PC."
                no, that's problem with you because it is your system can't boot. my system can boot and my system uses systemd. the only difference between us is i didn't break my system and didn't blame it on systemd

Comment

• Originally posted by swagg_boi View Post
                  I like systemd AND shell scripts.... I install my distro and then run my shell script to turn off the damn binary log files in /etc/systemd/journald.conf
                  i'd like to see your shell script for turning off the damn binary database files. everyone knows that unix way is text database files

Comment

• Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
                    Those people had better to stay in silence cause they fell in a epic fail...
                    who exactly did fall in devuan?

Comment

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I said. I did not want to even touch systemd or interact with it, but as I said, it keeps getting in my way.
                      i'm sure kernel regularly keeps getting in your way with stupid access permissions. you should get rid of kernel
                      Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                      In this case I just wanted to install some compilation components so I can test compile some stuff on latest Arch iso. Nothing really special. The package installation procedure gave me that conflict with systemd-libs and libsystemd so obviously it already got in my way. And then I opted to continue removing it because it was getting on my nerves and of course half the whole thing was bricked but not like I didn't mention this already.
                      To be specific: I had to remove it else I wouldn't have been able to install the damn packages I needed for compilation.
                      so you've broken your system because you've downloaded some shit from internet. that's basically showcases typical system hater

Comment

Working...
                      X