Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
    Doesn't ALSA just provide a low level API? What's wrong with it?
    implementation. there are bugs in drivers, you know. bugs which were blamed on pa

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
      Can systemd just go fuck itself? I'm sick of it controlling everything and getting in my way. I've never had this kind of issues on any other VM without it. Just fuck off already.
      sure, if you don't want systemd to cleanly unmount your filesystems, just press reset button

Comment

Q: "My system won't boot because systemd craps out, what do I do?"
        A: "That's a problem with you, because you want to boot your PC, and systemd clearly doesn't want it, so it's your problem not systemd's, because it took control of your PC."
        no, that's problem with you because it is your system can't boot. my system can boot and my system uses systemd. the only difference between us is i didn't break my system and didn't blame it on systemd

Comment

• Originally posted by swagg_boi View Post
          I like systemd AND shell scripts.... I install my distro and then run my shell script to turn off the damn binary log files in /etc/systemd/journald.conf
          i'd like to see your shell script for turning off the damn binary database files. everyone knows that unix way is text database files

Comment

• Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
            Those people had better to stay in silence cause they fell in a epic fail...
            who exactly did fall in devuan?

Comment

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I said. I did not want to even touch systemd or interact with it, but as I said, it keeps getting in my way.
              i'm sure kernel regularly keeps getting in your way with stupid access permissions. you should get rid of kernel
              Originally posted by Weasel View Post
              In this case I just wanted to install some compilation components so I can test compile some stuff on latest Arch iso. Nothing really special. The package installation procedure gave me that conflict with systemd-libs and libsystemd so obviously it already got in my way. And then I opted to continue removing it because it was getting on my nerves and of course half the whole thing was bricked but not like I didn't mention this already.
              To be specific: I had to remove it else I wouldn't have been able to install the damn packages I needed for compilation.
              so you've broken your system because you've downloaded some shit from internet. that's basically showcases typical system hater

Comment

• Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                So what, people who don't like SystemD aren't allowed to host events where they get together to work on alternatives without it? You're the one showing up the the comments of a news story about it just to moan about them...
                they are allowed to host events. though they shouldn't skip their meds because there is no init system spelled SystemD

Comment

• Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                  Use systemd with the Amlogic S912 SOC and the android 3.19 kernel that has audio support. No go, systemd supports only newer kernels. No audio support in mainline kernels. http://linux-meson.com/doku.php
                  that's amlogic s919 issue, systemd shouldn't care about 3.19 android kernels.
                  amlogic sucks, don't blame systemd for it

Comment

• Originally posted by Bsdisbetter View Post
                    Some of the bsd devs use mac that hardly defines support for all the software apple produces. some use windows, oracle and so on
                    and some bsd zealots even come to linux threads to discuss systemd

Comment

• Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
                      I don't want entering in this battle field, I can only say is if you prefer handle your server through scripts instead of a monolithic control center does make it sense, because if fails a service it is something isolated while if fails systemd or any components that rely upon it fails all your system.
                      your phrase shows that you have no idea what systemd is or what "scripts" is. cluelessness is typical for systemd haters
                      Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
                      There a lot of people that prefer working with script and are switching from Debian to Devuan, but you can't see them because those people do not belongs to Red Hat, Suse, Canonical etc...
                      so devuan is hurting debian? is debian aware of sustaining such catastrophical damage?
                      Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
                      The success of Devuan is true and if take a look around yourself, you can see everyday new distro based on Devuan, and now all the derivates based on apt/deb are Ubuntu based or Devuan based.
                      did you guys think about starting religion?

Comment

Working...
                      X