Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
    So what, people who don't like SystemD aren't allowed to host events where they get together to work on alternatives without it? You're the one showing up the the comments of a news story about it just to moan about them...
    they are allowed to host events. though they shouldn't skip their meds because there is no init system spelled SystemD

Comment

• Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Use systemd with the Amlogic S912 SOC and the android 3.19 kernel that has audio support. No go, systemd supports only newer kernels. No audio support in mainline kernels. http://linux-meson.com/doku.php
      that's amlogic s919 issue, systemd shouldn't care about 3.19 android kernels.
      amlogic sucks, don't blame systemd for it

Comment

• Originally posted by Bsdisbetter View Post
        Some of the bsd devs use mac that hardly defines support for all the software apple produces. some use windows, oracle and so on
        and some bsd zealots even come to linux threads to discuss systemd

Comment

• Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
          I don't want entering in this battle field, I can only say is if you prefer handle your server through scripts instead of a monolithic control center does make it sense, because if fails a service it is something isolated while if fails systemd or any components that rely upon it fails all your system.
          your phrase shows that you have no idea what systemd is or what "scripts" is. cluelessness is typical for systemd haters
          Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
          There a lot of people that prefer working with script and are switching from Debian to Devuan, but you can't see them because those people do not belongs to Red Hat, Suse, Canonical etc...
          so devuan is hurting debian? is debian aware of sustaining such catastrophical damage?
          Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
          The success of Devuan is true and if take a look around yourself, you can see everyday new distro based on Devuan, and now all the derivates based on apt/deb are Ubuntu based or Devuan based.
          did you guys think about starting religion?

Comment

• Originally posted by trek View Post
            don't buy crap hardware
            this advice doesn't scale. most users buy crap hardware, so software has to work on crap hardware

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
              I didn't look for systemd, I didn't want to touch it, didn't mention it anywhere in what I did on that VM, and yet somehow it always ends up picking a fight with me.
              so was it systemd who installed itself into your vm? systemd has no power to do that. that required your work and arch maintainer work. so blame is somewhere between you two. and it is safer to bet on you

Comment

I bet openRC is a bit more better than a 90ish init system.
                init freedom lover have advanced from forbidding systemd to forbidding systemd and sysvinit?

Comment

the reason why I am against systemd it is just because it sticks all of us with Linux while I would like to see other kernels in the game field, systemd now means no options.
                  linux also sticks all of us with linux. do you hate linux as well?

Comment

if tomorrow GNU dies because systemd has stripped out every pieces of it, what alternative have we available?
                    i wonder what gnu browser you are posting this shit from?
                    Last edited by pal666; 03 March 2019, 04:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                      and some bsd zealots even come to linux threads to discuss systemd
                      Actually this topic is about devuan and only trolls like you introduced systemd. But, hey, feel free to reinforce your own beliefs.
                      Oh, and I use Devuan on the Pi.
                      Go figure, troll.

Comment

Working...
                      X