Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Phoronix: Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

For fans of Devuan, the downstream of Debian focused on "init system independence" or just "Debian without systemd", their first-ever conference is happening in just over one month...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...onference-2019

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    Ifconfig is ONLY deprecated on GNU/Linux. It's still standard network configuration utility across BSD's, Solaris variants, OSX and commercial Unices (like AIX).
    Solaris and AIX are more or less deprecated whole and MacOS isn't designed for using commandline nor calling commandline tools to do shit. It's actually just BSDs that still use it in real deployments.
    But still, that's not the main point.
    So, tell me one good reason to start using another utilities (iproute2 package) when these are not used anywhere besides Linux AND offer less verbose and machine-readable/parsable output to top it off.
    https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...-pros-and-cons

tl;dr: Linux's ifconfig is not the same as BSD's (so any point about inter-interoperability is bullshit, it's just a different tool with the same name) as on BSD it is using a BSD-only kernel interface.
    Due to this reason it has deficiencies and can't work on various modern network configurations.
    Since this was more or less a big undertaking it was worth it to write something like ip that combines the functionality of ifconfig, route, arp, and ndp as with the better linux-only interface you could do that so why the fuck not.

Leave a comment:

• hreindl
    replied
    yeah, and you will tell me you are forced to use the code of nspwan next

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Bla

Systemd thread for you
    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...wn-OCI-Runtime

Leave a comment:

• hreindl
    replied
    I neither drink, smoke nor tolerate childish zealots with a narrower worldview than worm's asshole​​​.

All that I think now seeing any of your posts, is backquoting yourself

"Bla"
    i doubt that one can be sober and talk that much bullshit as you do at the same time

when you can't handle anything not existing for 30 years or longer don't talk about worldview

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    I neither drink, smoke nor tolerate childish zealots with a narrower worldview than worm's asshole​​​.

All that I think now seeing any of your posts, is backquoting yourself

"Bla"

Leave a comment:

• hreindl
    replied

It was me. I decided you are not worth my time for constant back-and-forth and I have better things to do.

Your "hard facts" amounted to correcting my assumption about ifconfig pushed aside by systemd. That was sole fact you were correct in.

Rest of the crap you been posting amounts to claiming "systemd works fine for me although I have to disable parts of it that doesn't work". Contradiction in itself.

Rest of it from you was pure denial and ceaseless immature personal attacks.
    don't drink and post!

it has nothing to do with "parts don't work" when I just decide to don't use them for various reasons and that I can do so proves all you idiots claiming the bullshit you are enforced to use everything wrong

show me the distribution with systemd-networkd as default you clown
    Last edited by hreindl; 03-20-2019, 04:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by hreindl View Post

sadly someone deleted your last comment with likely foam in front of the mouth i wanted to see :-)
    It was me. I decided you are not worth my time for constant back-and-forth and I have better things to do.

Your "hard facts" amounted to correcting my assumption about ifconfig pushed aside by systemd. That was sole fact you were correct in.

Rest of the crap you been posting amounts to claiming "systemd works fine for me although I have to disable parts of it that doesn't work". Contradiction in itself.

Rest of it from you was pure denial and ceaseless immature personal attacks.

Leave a comment:

• hreindl
    replied
    Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    No YOU shut the fuck up because you're lying like a piece of shit when I know that I got that conflict and you didn't even try it so STFU.

Just because YOU claim something is a lie doesn't make it so. In fact, you are the one lying, and anyone who wants to see it for themselves can follow the procedure to get that conflict.

Now shut the fuck up hypocrite.
    it is a lie that systemd is guilty for a packaging conflict and why do you bring up Arch in a Devuan topic at all shithead?

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by hreindl View Post
    read that fucking thread from the begin!

i didn't care of it as long systemd-haters did not stop spear lies and FUD again and so why can't you little fuckers just not use whatever and shut up instead talk about things you don't understand?
    No YOU shut the fuck up because you're lying like a piece of shit when I know that I got that conflict and you didn't even try it so STFU.

Just because YOU claim something is a lie doesn't make it so. In fact, you are the one lying, and anyone who wants to see it for themselves can follow the procedure to get that conflict.

Now shut the fuck up hypocrite.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X