Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Not like anyone here cares, but we had day 1 Vulkan support for Windows too
    It wasn't 'Day 1' enough bridgman. Nvidia obviously won with their superior hardware frying driver support.

Comment

Yeah, next time we'll know that minutes matter
      Test signature

Comment

Got it running on a R9 390 (GCN 1.1) on Ubuntu 14.04.4 64-bit. Will try CSGO and The Talos Principle in a few minutes. So far only noticed that the display runs with 60 Hz only (I have a 144 Hz display). Catalyst always worked perfectly at 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz, the open source radeonsi-stack always ran at a weird 2568x1440 @ 139 Hz with small glitches.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Yeah, next time we'll know that minutes matter
          LOL, well they don't in reality, but to tech sites reporting how awesome Nvidia's driver support is, they do.

Comment

Great news, but the final judgement on the awesomeness (or lack of) of AMD will be coming from Michael's upcoming benchmarks. Can't wait.

Comment

google is not my friend today. Any gentoo users know of an ebuild for the vulkan sdk? Or perhaps a guide to step me through it?

Comment

I'm sure people will benchmark OpenCL and OpenGL but remember this preview is really about Vulkan - there is OpenGL performance work happening as well but I don't know if any of that work made it into this release.
                Test signature

Comment

Congratulations to you and the team on the initial public hybrid driver release bridgman ! I look forward to seeing this driver mature for 16.04 (I might just hold off on the upgrade until it drops proper)

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
                    OK!

The Witcher 3 developer on talking to fans: "The worst thing is silence"
                    LOL. I think lying to your fans was a little worse, Witcher 3 devs. "No graphical downgrade" my ass.

Comment

Tried CSGO. Works fine on my R9 390 (GCN 1.1). Perf is somewhat slower than Catalyst, because while it uses its OpenGL driver, it does not seem to use the app-profiles/game-specific performance profiles. Not sure if that will ever work with the hybrid stack anyways. But it's absolutely playable.

Comment

Working...
                      X