Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Posts Initial AMDGPU Hybrid Driver With Vulkan Support

Phoronix: AMD Posts Initial AMDGPU Hybrid Driver With Vulkan Support

Well, AMD has just sent out a pleasant surprise before the weekend: an initial AMD Hybrid Linux driver build! It's AMDGPU-based providing OpenGL and Vulkan support on the new stack!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, this is the day a lot of AMD fans have been waiting for. As an Nvidia user I'll be watching this closely, if they keep on track here I might switch sides in a couple generations. Been burned too many times to put money down early.

Comment

why amd fans waited for driver with no games?

Comment

Vulkan renderer for Dota 2 is almost here, Valve are just waiting for Autodesk to port Scaleform (UI middleware) to Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
          Wow, this is the day a lot of AMD fans have been waiting for.
          With my SI GPU I'll keep waiting.

On that topic: ETA for SI support? Weeks? Months?

Comment

I want benchmarks!!!! D:<

btw, I did not expect the hybrid driver to come so soon.

Comment

Cool. Finally pretty soon we'll know for sure if the Vulkan support suffers from the performance difficulty AMD's proprietary OpenGL implementation does. Please! Fingers Crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
                On that topic: ETA for SI support? Weeks? Months?
                Ask again in a week, OK ?
                Test signature

Comment

What is the status for Vulkan support on Linux for Intel, AMD, and Nvidia hardware?

Comment

Nvidia have already released a cough stable cough Windows driver with Vulkan support, so I expect them to roll out a new Linux driver in the next couple of weeks (Beta drivers have been around since February). They still don't have working Xlib WSI support and don't even seem to care, considering that the bug has been reported over a month ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X