Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/log/src/gallium/drivers/radeon

EDIT - OK, Dave is monopolizing the recent commit history but if you go back a couple of weeks the AMD developers start to appear
    Did something go wrong when posting links or did you really intend to post the same link 3 times in the same post?
    Nope Dave isn't monopolizing in what you linked.

Comment

Oops, not sure what happened there. Fixing now, thanks !
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
        Tried it on my aruba (without the hang patch and it didn't hang)

Tried it on my hainan

So it still doesn't render as it should using mesa-master_fc276bd-x86_64.

Sliding factor and/or distance slider fixes rendering but the scale slider doesn't do anything on neither cards, i don't see the things from the video posted by dungeon.
        I have the same issue with my 5850/Evergreen card. Something is definitely broken with the latest git code

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          My alternative is to install proprietary drivers on Linux, I don't know who's touting Windows to you.
          That would have been the poster to whom I was originally replying.

So? Can you run this r600g driver on kernel 2.6 using X 1.10?
          Wrong question. A better question is "Can you replace/upgrade the Xorg driver/kernel/libdrm/mesa yourself in whichever Linux distro you are running, as required?" And the answer is "yes". (I do this with Fedora - have done for years).

this is exactly why I buy Nvidia: I need the manufacturer to stand behind their products.
          Then I'm guessing you haven't noticed the very large number of Mesa/Xorg commits from AMD developers these days.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
            You must be joking. NVIDIA intentionally cripples even their last generation cards with their own drivers. Or have you never heard of The Witcher 3 and hairworks?
            Hmm, you're running out of arguments fast. What does some optional graphics feature got to do with drivers?
            There are many graphics options that will kill performance on any card: hi-resolution soft shadows, huge viewing distances, grass/vegetation density, God's rays or tesselation. Hairworks is nothing but over the top (for the current hardware) tesselation, but then again so is TressFX.
            I can enable hairworks for Geralt and with some trial and error get steady 30fps on my 660Ti (1920x1200), so I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              the Catalyst driver -- which most posters want us to kill off in favour of the open stack anyways.
              Yes please.
              P.S. Can you make it suffer before you kill it completely? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
                Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I understood, Evergreen cards does work. And apparently you have an Evergreen card (http://mesamatrix.net/drivers.php) so I'd say that looks promising for you
                As I understood, not all Evergreen cards are being supported but the the cypress chips - lucky me if I'm wrong

Originally posted by philh View Post
                I don't know anything about the technical details, but I got Dirt Showdown working on an HD 5770 with the fix in this post:
                http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum...ge2#post837599
                Thx man, gotta give it a try this evening

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  Neither do nvidia or intel.
                  I still have a Nvidia FX5000 series card (the dustbuster generation) and an Intel i5-560 (Gen5 graphics) laptop around. They beg to differ.

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
                  As I understood, not all Evergreen cards are being supported but the the cypress chips - lucky me if I'm wrong
                  Tesselation works with all Evergreen cards.
                  OpenGL 4.1 does not outside 5800/6900 series, because there is no hardware fp64, and emulating it in fp32 is not implemented at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                    Tesselation works with all Evergreen cards.
                    OpenGL 4.1 does not outside 5800/6900 series, because there is no hardware fp64, and emulating it in fp32 is not implemented at this time.
                    So fp64 is necessary for OpenGL 4? Does that mean, the Windows driver also emulates in fp32?

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                      I still have a Nvidia FX5000 series card (the dustbuster generation) and an Intel i5-560 (Gen5 graphics) laptop around. They beg to differ.
                      And you have an AMD laptop from the same era that works flawlessly.
                      Jeez people, do you really buy hardware because of how it will be supported in 10 years? Support today means nothing to you?

Comment

Working...
                      X