AMD R600g Tessellation Support Lands In Mesa Git

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boffo View Post

I use the default opensuse 42.1, the only change is mesa & LLVM provided by the repository pontostroy, currently with this revision https://build.opensuse.org/package/r...=base&rev=1229
    That's pretty close to what i have but xorg 1.17.2 instead of 1.18.0.
    And your trinity and my richland shouldn't be to different.
    I do use dri3 but i don't think that should matter.
    What version of llvm do you use?
    Last edited by Nille_kungen; 07 December 2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I just recompiled my graphics stack (drm-git, mesa-git, llvm-git, xf86-video-ati-git) but it's still 3.3

gpu: HD 6570

Code:
      OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TURKS (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.8.0)
      OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.2.0-devel (git-9214664)
      OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
      OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
      OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile

Comment

Originally posted by j_ril View Post
        I just recompiled my graphics stack (drm-git, mesa-git, llvm-git, xf86-video-ati-git) but it's still 3.3

gpu: HD 6570

Code:
        OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
        OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TURKS (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.8.0)
        OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.2.0-devel (git-9214664)
        OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
        OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
        OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
        Turks doesn't support double precision. Check WIkipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon...#Chipset_table
        You have to force the 4.0 support.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post

That's pretty close to what i have but xorg 1.17.2 instead of 1.18.0.
          And your trinity and my richland shouldn't be to different.
          I do use dri3 but i don't think that should matter.
          What version of llvm do you use?
          I don't use dri3 because it makes crash firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Neither do nvidia or intel.
            You must be joking. NVIDIA intentionally cripples even their last generation cards with their own drivers. Or have you never heard of The Witcher 3 and hairworks?

Comment

I don't really think double precision is something that gets used by games. It should be reasonably safe to override the GL version in order to force 4.1

Comment

boffo thanks.

Originally posted by Raven3x7 View Post
                I don't really think double precision is something that gets used by games. It should be reasonably safe to override the GL version in order to force 4.1
                with this? "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.1"?
                Last edited by j_ril; 07 December 2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I tested Metro 2033 Redux. It works, but it's too much for my laptop, I need to change the setting. I've played with the setting file but the changes didn't work, I will try again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteorhead View Post
                    Someone please tell me, cause I always tend to forget: what is the purpose of all this work? And by all this, I mean all of the open-source graphics stacks. If it is not maintained by the vendors themselves, what good is it t become feature complete (or not even) by the time even the vendors themselves deem their hardware deprecated ("legacy" is the nice term).

It is just a waist of time. If I were an ATI 5xxxx card owner (and I still am, but use Windows), I'd have already upgraded to an R2xx GPU and lack again a new set of features that will be complete once I sell my junk, etc.
                    AFAIU, these GPUs are still being sold, as APUs.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteorhead View Post
                      Someone please tell me, cause I always tend to forget: what is the purpose of all this work? And by all this, I mean all of the open-source graphics stacks. If it is not maintained by the vendors themselves, what good is it t become feature complete (or not even) by the time even the vendors themselves deem their hardware deprecated ("legacy" is the nice term).

It is just a waist of time. If I were an ATI 5xxxx card owner (and I still am, but use Windows), I'd have already upgraded to an R2xx GPU and lack again a new set of features that will be complete once I sell my junk, etc.
                      Why do you say "not maintained by the vendors themselves" ? Have you looked at the commit history for the components ? Nobody is saying the hardware is deprecated, just support in the Catalyst driver -- which most posters want us to kill off in favour of the open stack anyways.

The current Linux Catalyst driver is heavily code-shared with other OSes (even kernel & X drivers) so when BUs decide they can drop support for the other OSes on older hardware we pretty much have to do the same for Linux Catalyst... but we are continuing to support and improve the open source stack on that hardware.

r300: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...m/drivers/r300

r600: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...m/drivers/r600

radeon: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...drivers/radeon (includes code used by newer HW but still being updated for older hw):

EDIT - OK, Dave owns the recent commit history in r600 but if you go back a couple of weeks the AMD developers start to appear

EDIT 2 - Oops, somehow posted same link 3 times... fixed now.

EDIT 3 - fixed even better now
                      Last edited by bridgman; 07 December 2015, 10:27 PM.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X