No announcement yet.

AMD R600g Tessellation Support Lands In Mesa Git

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know, if there's any chance for Juniper owners (like me, HD5770)? I am actually very satisfied with it, but am a little tired of hoping and waiting for OpenGL 4 support arriving while at the same time not being able to play couple of games that I already bought for Linux (since Fedora and Catalyst - oh well, you know what I mean...)

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
      Windows itself is touted as an alternative to using an Open Source stack running on Linux,
      My alternative is to install proprietary drivers on Linux, I don't know who's touting Windows to you.

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
      and yet the availability (or not) of working Windows drivers for the particular version of Windows that you happen to own (i.e. not necessarily Windows 10) does put you completely at the mercy of the vendors.
      So? Can you run this r600g driver on kernel 2.6 using X 1.10?

Somewhat unrelated, but this is exactly why I buy Nvidia: I need the manufacturer to stand behind their products.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
        I got an NI in my laptop APU and mesa master installed and pts so what do you want me to test.
        I started the Unigine Heaven benchmark but how should tesselation be be enabled? (tried "phoronix-test-suite benchmark unigine-heaven", does F3 work when run this way since i didn't see anything different?)
        Well, no idea what phoronix-test-suite do for you... just download it from unigine site set predefined tessellation for the UI or just play with it inside it, etc... if it works you should see something like in this video:

Last edited by dungeon; 07 December 2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
          Does anybody know, if there's any chance for Juniper owners (like me, HD5770)? I am actually very satisfied with it, but am a little tired of hoping and waiting for OpenGL 4 support arriving while at the same time not being able to play couple of games that I already bought for Linux (since Fedora and Catalyst - oh well, you know what I mean...)
          I don't know anything about the technical details, but I got Dirt Showdown working on an HD 5770 with the fix in this post:

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I understood, Evergreen cards does work. And apparently you have an Evergreen card (http://mesamatrix.net/drivers.php) so I'd say that looks promising for you

Comment

Unigine Heaven works on my Trinity laptop. But the fps drop is big. I'm not surprised I've tested unigine on windows on my laptop before, and I had below 30 pfs results.
              Anyway good job devs. I'm downloading Metro Redax and I will see if it works.

Comment

Tried it on my aruba (without the hang patch and it didn't hang)

Tried it on my hainan

So it still doesn't render as it should using mesa-master_fc276bd-x86_64.

Sliding factor and/or distance slider fixes rendering but the scale slider doesn't do anything on neither cards, i don't see the things from the video posted by dungeon.
                Last edited by Nille_kungen; 07 December 2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Tried it on my aruba (without the hang patch and it didn't hang)

Tried it on my hainan

So it still doesn't render as it should using mesa-master_fc276bd-x86_64.
                  I don't have this problem on Trinity ABUBA on opensuse 42.1 pontostroy
                  Last edited by boffo; 07 December 2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post

I don't have this problem on Trinity ABUBA on opensuse 42.1 pontostroy
                    What settings did you use and what resolution?
                    Did you try master or patched an earlier mesa release?
                    xorg 1.18.0
                    libdrm 2.4.65
                    Kernel 4.1.13
                    mesa master fc276bd
                    llvm 3.7.0
                    Slackware current.

AMD A10-5750M with Radeon HD 8650G/8670M Dual GPU
                    Last edited by Nille_kungen; 07 December 2015, 01:12 PM.

Comment

What settings did you use and what resolution?
                      Did you try master or patched an earlier mesa release?
                      xorg 1.18.0
                      libdrm 2.4.65
                      Kernel 4.1.13
                      mesa master fc276bd
                      Slackware current.

AMD A10-5750M with Radeon HD 8650G/8670M Dual GPU
                      I use the default opensuse 42.1, the only change is mesa & LLVM provided by the repository pontostroy, currently with this revision https://build.opensuse.org/package/r...=base&rev=1229

Comment

Working...
                      X