No announcement yet.

AMD's Longtime Open-Source Linux Graphics Driver Advocate Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations and thank you to John, for his vision in open source graphics. I tried AMD back in the FGLRX days, and stayed away for some time-- but I've been a happy Radeon customer since 2018 and the experience has been far better than NVIDIA. And the Steam Deck is a thing now! John and everyone who has worked on Mesa can definitely take some credit for that.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
      Good for him, not many people get to work for the same company for 25+ years.
      I assume number one would be Michael, who's number two?
      this depends if you also count deleted posts or only posts active today in 2024 ?...
      i am pretty sure i have more deleted posts than most forum users have active posts ;-)

I salute to Bridgman he is one of the reason why i have so many posts here on phoronix.com (and even much more deleted posts)
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        [Phoronix news posting bot to the forums], starshipeleven, Michael (me) & then Bridgman
        and if you also count deleted posts ?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          Yeah, but about 10,000 of those posts were responses to Qaridium(sp?) trolling.
          I am pretty sure the nickname was Qaridarium... and not "Qaridium(sp?)"

Comment

Thank you for the support you've provided our community and for all your motivation and enthusiasm . I remember back in the days when oss graphics were hardly available or feature complete, but with your work, things have improved sooo much, and your contributions have helped more than just AMD OSS I'm sure. Because of an employee like you, AMD has gained a lot of customers that won't look anywhere else for GPU equipment anymore, like me. Because not only of it being fully supported with OSS, but also because it just works so great.

​​​​​​Thank you. I'll hope you'll stick around for the fun parts.

Comment

Congratulations and I hope that you enjoy your retirement!

Comment

Great Job and Thank You Hero of Linux !

Comment

Thank you for your contribution in AMD, @brigman, notably having the team implementing the Sensor Fusion driver in the Linux kernel. In some extent you helped getting more interaction with other AMD developers for improving the stack. Well deserved rest.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your work. I'm sorry for all the rant me and others posted about some stuff like ROCm you had to wade through, without being the one that could fix it all on your own.

Comment

Congratulations to the retirement bridgman, and thank you for all those informative posts always giving us a bit more information of what was going on behind the curtains!

AMD can thank you for me being a "pure AMD" user since my first Radeon 4850 card. I bought that based on Phoronix coverage of the development of the FOSS drivers, and have since then gone through a R290, a 6600XT and now a 6700XT. I salute you Sir! I also hope that you stick around in the future!

Comment

Working...
                      X