OpenBLAS Deciding Whether To Drop Support For Russia's Elbrus CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blacknova View Post

I think you entirely missed the point. Is it even a segragation if ethnicity have been living in some area even before this territory have been included into Russian Empire? Which ethnicity is being segregated? Are we even talking about that Racial segregation - Wikipedia? If we're please provide actual examples since I do not know of any. And yeah I know that Jew were segregated in Russian Empire but that is hardly actual example and at the time period they were segregated almost everywhere.
    Well my point is that the multi-ethnicity is a facade and I already explained why

Originally posted by blacknova View Post

I hope you will be happy to know that it is exactly Chechen's special forces are now leading the siege of some Ukrainian cities. "Similar tactics".... some times it is better to stop talking.
    Well apparently most of those Chechen's forces are actually dead so that didn't go too well. I mean due to the Chechen war being pretty catastrophic to Russia Putin had to resort to buying them out, which is not something I think he is happy with because the region costs literal billions every year in aid and he doesn't really get anything out of the region because most Chechen's hate Russia and don't really see themselves as Russian.

I guess thats a problem with authoritarian countries, they can't let go of things even though its in their best interest (economically and security wise).
    Last edited by mdedetrich; 05 March 2022, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

Well my point is that the multi-ethnicity is a facade and I already explained why

Well apparently most of those Chechen's forces are actually dead so that didn't go too well. I mean due to the Chechen war being pretty catastrophic to Russia Putin had to resort to buying them out, which is not something I think he is happy with because the region costs literal billions every year in aid and he doesn't really get anything out of the region because most Chechen's hate Russia and don't really see themselves as Russian.

I guess thats a problem with authoritarian countries, they can't let go of things even though its in their best interest (economically and security wise).
      Besides there is also Racism against their own former USSR Members eg Armenians, Chechens. I have heard personally(!) the one or other comment which in western countries would be considered racism. Racism is everywhere. Proclaiming there is none is a wishful tale.

Comment

• Originally posted by blacknova View Post

I hope you will be happy to know that it is exactly Chechen's special forces are now leading the siege of some Ukrainian cities. "Similar tactics".... some times it is better to stop talking.
        You really want to start talking about Kadyrov ?! next up we are going to talk about peace and harmony in the NK ?!

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
          Chechnya was happily independent, until Putin went in and bombed it to shit. That will definitely provoke some backlash. Expect similar tactics from Ukrainians, for years to come.
          You are mentally ill. Take pills. Putin ended the war in Chechnya. The war in Chechnya began long before Putin came. Therefore, do not write here your hallucinations.

Comment

LOL. And you know this because your incredibly trustworthy media tells you so?
            I know because I have many friends. And I live in this country. You are mentally ill.

Nobody tells you, but politicians and TV presenters in Ukraine have been openly calling for more than 10 years to kill Russians, and infringe on their rights in every possible way. But you will never hear this in Russia or Belarus. There, criminal responsibility for inciting interethnic hatred and is equated to terrorism. In the Russian Federation, they always speak well of the Ukrainians and all world peoples. RF is a multinational country with more than 190 ethnic groups. This is the country that has suffered the most from terrorism in the country itself, and especially in Chechnya and Dagestan. Therefore, with the advent of Putin, criminal responsibility was introduced for inciting ethnic hatred. All conflicts within the country were stopped. For more than 20 years, peace and tranquility have been living in our territory. Sochi Olympics and the World Football Championship showed that in the Russian Federation people treat everyone well, regardless of their religion or country. While other countries are trying to exterminate rare ethnic groups, our country is trying to preserve and unite them. You will never hear in the Russian Federation to humiliate Europeans or Americans, but you will hear how they call for humiliating Russians in EU and USA. Unfortunately, everyone has confused politics and peoples, and more and more calls are being made to expel Russian students and to ban disabled people from performing at the Paralympics. Crazy politicians apparently believe that disabled people are fighting in Ukraine and threaten their safety. It's absurd and the world has gone mad. How everyone quickly forgot that the President of Ukraine - Volodymyr Zelensky at the Security Council of Europe threatened the whole world with nuclear weapons. From this Europe would suffer the most. Ukraine has the technology and resources to create a dirty bomb that is more terrifying than a conventional nuclear bomb and makes territories uninhabitable. Ukraine has been blackmailing the Russian Federation for more than 30 years on every occasion, they have no gas and oil, their economy is in decline and they are bankrupt, but she could start blackmailing Europe in the same way, which she has already begun to do at the Security Council of Europe. The politicians of Ukraine pumped the people of Ukraine for years into conflict with Russia, and at the same time they stole all European money and weapons and sold weapons to the whole world. They called themselves the most powerful army in the world, and everyone was told that they were fighting the Russian Federation, but they were killing their own citizens. But everyone was tired of this, and Belarus and Kazakhstan supported Russia. Ukraine could not raise its army, but stole all these years, and was not ready for the Russian invasion. This is a problem for all our peoples. Also, no one will tell you about the thousands of scammers from Ukraine who deceived our grandmothers, mothers, cancer patients and mothers of children. These people have no honor or conscience. This is very sad. But Europe has already faced these people with an influx of migrants who behave arrogantly and aggressively.

It's bad that they try to mix science and politics. Are uneducated idiots who believe that openblas are used to create weapons. Apparently these people never went to university. This is a linear algebra library that uses a lot of scientific calculations. The mathematical school in Russia is one of the strongest. And most importantly, openblas is used by the lib2geom and opencv libraries. Which are used in graphic editors and computer vision. In this case, these mentally ill people should be banned from kitchen knives, because they can kill a person. Therefore, openblas maintainers should apologize to the people of Russia and resign. There is no place for politics and mentally ill maintainers in open source. All goodness and peace!

Comment

• Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post
              I know because I have many friends. And I live in this country. You are mentally ill.
              You don't have the facts on your side and you know it, so all you have left is calling people names and post propaganda...

Comment

• Originally posted by justinkb View Post
                PS. Serbs got bombed because they were genociding people, they deserved every bomb they got.
                I'm Montenegrin, we didn't genocided anyone, still got our share of NATO bombs 1999.

Croats performed what certainly has to be classified as genocide on Serb minority in Croatia, also Roma people and Jews, during WWII, in their concentration camps etc. Nobody bombed them.

Turks performed the worst genocide in XX century, on Armenian people. Nobody bombed them.

Etc. My point: history is much more complicated in Europe, and other parts of the world, than US people are typically able to understand. Somewhere, nations healed their wounds and animosity, but for the most parts they didn't. For example, here in Balkans, Christian population was almost five centuries under Turkish occupation. It's been more than century since the liberation, and that Turkey is limited to this little piece of land in Europe that is has today. So at least three, maybe four or even five generations of people. In US, that's typically more than enough to completely forget your ethnic roots. Here, nobody forgets anything, Turkey stays as arch-enemy.

As soon as we get rid of Turks, we started clashing big time with each other. Everyone against Bulgarians, as they wanted unfair share. Serbs and Croats and Bosniaks against each other. Bulgarians, Greeks and Serbs against Macedonians, each claiming they don't exist and are part of their ethnicity. Albanians against every single neighbor. That goes on and on for decades, throughout both piece and wars. And then, at some point US comes, and says these are good boys, these are bad boys, this is democracy, this is tyranny. And bombs the shit out of the side they don't like, then installs its puppet regime, and thinks it's done, once and forever. Well, it isn't.

Same thing goes for decades, on all sides of the world. Far East, Iraq, Afganistan, Libiya, you name it. Same black-and-white view of the world, enforcing US policies without taking any regard of the people that actually have to live under these policies, without any regards to the history of conflicts. Of course, such "solutions" can't work. There is no place that is better after US intervention.

On top of all that, there is hypocrisy that US has so much internal problems to fix before starting to patronize other. You are a society sunked in racism. It doesn't change this fact that there is a large liberal elite, that you individually may be part of, that is condemning it. In Serbia throughout war of 90-ies, all of the intelectual elite was against Milosevic, but majority of ordinary people was for him and is in principle, through this support, indeed responsible for war crimes commited by his regime. Same for US today: majority of you are racists, otherwise this issue would be put behind long ago. You dare to speak about Soviet regime doing this or that, while for example at the same time, 50 or so years ago, you had laws in some states forbidding marriages between white and "colored" people. That is disgusting.

So this is why all of this hysteria in the West abput Ukraine is also disgusting. Putin is a maniac, but he's doing just what he learned from number of US presidents in the recent history. He plant lies, attacks an innocent country, bomb civilians. Same things that Bush Sr., Clinton or Bush Jr. did. Putin has Belarus, US presidents always had their UK puppets (without any doubt, a nation that is #1 in commiting genocide in the history of humanity so far) on their side - no difference. Etc. The only difference is that your media are now full of sympathy for Ukraine, while nations that you bombed previously were villains, deserving as you said "every single bomb and bullet they got". Well, the difference is also that this particular maniac holds his finger on the red button. So you will talk and talk, and push poor Ukrainians to fight to the last one of them, but you won't dare to do anything else for them except for sending them money and weapons. And that will go on and on until your media audience got tired about them, and you'll forget of them (just as you forgot for example about poor Syrians that are still suffering Asad regime, or are refugees as many of them). Then, they may realize that you would serve them better if you advised them to make some kind of agreement with Russia initially, instead that you pushed them to war so that your media could have their hearth-breaking stories about kitten lost in the chaos of Kiyv under siege.

Comment

• Typical EU & US Citizens (not all but AFAIK, quite a bunch of them): US and EU is Just! NATO is Just! Everything they do is Just! Everything beside them is evil! China is Evil! Russia is evil! North Korea is evil! Ethiopia, Palestine, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc.. what's that? Eww. Didn't care, and don't care.

You start a war? What factions are you? China? Russia? NK? Middle East? Then you're evil! But if you're US / EU / NATO, you are absolutely, ultimately just! If US / EU / NATO vs GOD, then, of course, god is evil!

It's kind of like NAZI -> They think that they're the superior race. What they did, do, done is just. Never wrong.

Comment

That's ridiculous. Like Tonga or Antigua are really going to impose sanctions on Russia? Think about what you're saying!

A lot of countries are either too small, don't have much dealings with Russia, or don't have the means to impose sanctions like the big, developed countries do. The ones imposing the sanctions are most of those that matter.
                    China, India, Brazil are too small..., again, 3/4 of the world do not sanction Russia measured by population, and well over 2/3 by country numbers. EU/US, while they do matter, Russia can do well without them.

Comment

• Originally posted by t.s. View Post
                      Typical EU & US Citizens (not all but AFAIK, quite a bunch of them): US and EU is Just! NATO is Just! Everything they do is Just! Everything beside them is evil! China is Evil! Russia is evil! North Korea is evil! Ethiopia, Palestine, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc.. what's that? Eww. Didn't care, and don't care.

You start a war? What factions are you? China? Russia? NK? Middle East? Then you're evil! But if you're US / EU / NATO, you are absolutely, ultimately just! If US / EU / NATO vs GOD, then, of course, god is evil!

It's kind of like NAZI -> They think that they're the superior race. What they did, do, done is just. Never wrong.
                      It's not like Nazi, it is Nazi ideology, it never died "in the west", it was just a sleep for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X