OpenBLAS Deciding Whether To Drop Support For Russia's Elbrus CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leipero View Post
    No, I really promised myself not to engage in this topic, I am not the history teacher, and no one pays me to teach people, and it drains my energy in doing so.
    Fine, that is your choice, but please then also don't call it a NATO invasion, aggression or anything like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

Of course you don't, and yet we will see you keep on writing some more lies soon enough. FYI I know exactly what went on in your country before NATO decided to intervene, I was in the army at the time and had numerous senior officers going down to Yugoslavia as UN troops during the whole conflict from 1992 onwards under UNPROFOR. The main thing the all wished for when they came home was that some one would have bombed you sooner to end that fricking madness that was taking place there.
      Riight, ofc. you do know. As I said, I am not paid to teach ignorant people, and even if I was, I wouldn't waste time on lost cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by PerformanceExpert View Post

Fine, that is your choice, but please then also don't call it a NATO invasion, aggression or anything like that.
        I will call it what it is. The reality of the situation is, I'm perfectly fine in living and letting others live, and I personally don't really care what others do in their yard. You have that problem, not me.

Comment

I will call it what it is. The reality of the situation is, I'm perfectly fine in living and letting others live
          Pity you don't give the Ukranians the same benefit of the doubt to let them live perfectly fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
            I just have my opinion formed based on what is happening.
            I do prefer to find by myself what is going on, than rely in the propaganda from the TV

That seems to be propaganda, what I saw was a fight that broke at the premisses of the facility, I saw some bullets flying, and flares launched to improve visibility on the ground.
            No sheling and no bombardment.
            However I do saw a the face of a training facility with some smoke?I heard that a fire broke out, and that is possible..

But saying that Russia shelled and bombarded, a Nuclear facility that is plain propaganda.
            Not everything on TV or in the media is propaganda. There is still factual reporting, for example the BBC.

There is only a short video available, and it doesn't appear to show what caused the fires. There is clearly a lot of shooting from what appears heavy machine guns. There is no sign of heavy artillery explosions or tank shelling but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. So I don't think you can call it propaganda without evidence that the machine gun fire was the only kind of firing from start to finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

Pity you don't give the Ukranians the same benefit of the doubt to let them live perfectly fine.
              I already had a discussion with someone before, where we concluded that he was right calling it "Invasion".
              To make things perfectly clear: It is invasion, what Russia did IS against UN and international laws.

Hope that is clear now. I don't give Ukranians "benefit of a doubt" for the simple reason that I know how the current puppet regime was installed in Ukraine, I know that people who destroyed my country back in 2000's took part in that and instructed them, and I know who pays those people.
              I also know how propaganda and brainwashing works, and I can see you are victims of that, or, you are hypocrates. Either way, I know I can't change your mind, hence I do not want to waste my energy in discussing anything with you.

What is actually important to know is, that Albanians for example are not Americans, so even if we assume that all of the propaganda you are fed to is absolutely correct, 100%, it doesn't change the fact that one country is 10000 miles away and have literally no relation with people, unlike Ukraine and Russia and history of that whole thing you probably have no clue.
              Another reality of the matter is, that level of knowledge we have on those topics is so unbalanced in my favor, that's quite unfair to even discuss that with you when you are not willing to learn, but you rather discussing to "win", I have no interest in participating in such things, it drains energy and is completely fruitless.

There are no "holes" in your knowledge on the topic, there's one big black hole that sucks in all around it, and I don't want my energy to be wasted there.

Comment

• ukranians are not trying to blow up russia nuclear reactors.

also if you are moral against military use then why u using github...

The Case Against Microsoft and GitHub
                7 March 2020
                ( 1562 words, approximately 8 minutes reading time. )

Microsoft is cool again, or so the trends would have you think. Microsoft is not an okay company, despite their deliberate efforts to improve their reputation in recent years.
                Collaboration with US military for conducting mass murder

For many years, Microsoft has been an eager and willing partner with the United States government, especially and particularly its military. Insofar as an organization can have a moral structure, Microsoft has none.

Comment

what is actually dangerous about NATO is the fact that it follows same Nazi ideology people were describing..., and there's no independence in it (US gives orders, rest must follow, or else...), it's so clear that you need to be either willingly blind or trully blind not to see it.
                  First, you can't just call everything you dislike "Nazi" and expect people to believe you. You have to actually make a compelling case that supports that allegation.

As for the US giving orders that others must obey, it's not so. For instance, look at the dwindling participation in the Afghanistan war. Countries were obviously able to decide for themselves whether and how many troops to commit.

Comment

• Originally posted by PerformanceExpert View Post
                    I think it is concerning how the Russians and their agents claim everything the West does amounts to nazism. The term is used is to make it appear the current situation is exactly like USSR vs Nazi Germany. It's obviously not. It's actually Putin who is behaving like a nazi - the rest of the world is simply reacting to Putin.
                    I noticed this was a favorite tactic of Trump. He always seemed to find the worst allegation anyone could make about him and what he was doing, and he'd be first to use it against his enemies. That way, if they did end up saying the same thing about him, they would appear to be just copying what he said. Also, because his use of the allegation was so absurd, the allegation would seem to carry a lot less weight.

Originally posted by PerformanceExpert View Post
                    However it seems wrong to allow Russians to compete as if nothing happened, just like after the doping scandals.
                    It's definitely not the same as the doping scandals, because that directly involved the sports and athletes. And, in the case of the Olympics, I found it offensive they were able to compete under the name R.O.C. It was virtually the same as competing as Russia, and everyone knew it. They should've had to compete on the same unaffiliated Olympic team as the refugees who were competing.

Russia seems to be able to get away with pretty much anything
                    It's true. Putin flouts all the treaties and norms of behavior, and somehow people are still surprised by the next thing he does. Europe has mainly themselves to blame for buying his fossil fuels. And Germany grew too fond of selling expensive cars & other items to Russia's corrupt elites.

I can also imagine there were some former East Germans who had a soft spot for Russia. I mean, you wouldn't think so, but there seem to be enough Russians nostalgic for the glory days of the USSR.

It's time the bully learned they can no longer get away with it.
                    The best way is for the world to stop using fossil fuels.

Comment

Afain, it seems I was unclear to you, US+EU=/=whole_world(tm)..., over 3/4 of the world doesn't really go against what Russia does,
                      I guess Russian State media probably didn't cover the UN General Assembly vote in which 141 countries voted for a resolution demanding that Russia immediately end its military operations in Ukraine.

So, that's actually 77.9% of the countries (141 vs 5, with 35 abstentions) going against exactly what Russia is doing. Counting according to population, it might be a little less, since China was one of those who abstained.

UN General Assembly votes are incredibly rare. There have only ever been about a dozen, with the last one being in 1997.

Originally posted by leipero View Post
                      what matters is that sport should not be involved in politics,
                      Athletes who compete as representatives of their country cannot avoid politics, when the situation involves waging war against other countries. And they know it.

As I said, I think they should still be allowed to compete, but under a neutral flag (not mentioning Russia or using its colors) and without their national anthem played, if they win.

Comment

Working...
                      X