Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bcachefs Lands More Fixes Ahead Of Linux 6.7 Stable Debut

Phoronix: Bcachefs Lands More Fixes Ahead Of Linux 6.7 Stable Debut

The Bcachefs file-system has landed some additional fixes ahead of the upcoming Linux 6.78 stable release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

so many fixes for the filesystem that is marketed as the fs that won't eat your data

Comment

Includes the fix to enable hardware accelerated CRC, which should eventually improve performance.

Comment

I plan on flashing my nvme to bcachefs when I can, I mainly use it for games and for loading large bitrate videos so no major issues will occur, it's only 256gb so having dedupe will be very nice

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post
          so many fixes for the filesystem that is marketed as the fs that won't eat your data
          I prefer the fixes rather than "It's already perfect, why bother with your lone non-issue!"

Comment

6.78 release? Time is moving so fast...
            RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

it's still kinda experimental. but haters gonna hate.

btw it doesn't say "it doesn't eat your data". it actually says: "it won't eat your data". future tense.

Comment

Indeed, fix them before they eat someone's data. Unlike ZFS that was eating data for decades before someone noticed

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post

Indeed, fix them before they eat someone's data. Unlike ZFS that was eating data for decades before someone noticed
                  it was supposed to be already perfect, or at least this is what the fanbois say!

Comment

Originally posted by User29 View Post
                    it's still kinda experimental. but haters gonna hate.
                    i'm not a hater (how does people hate software?)
                    just I don't like the way it is proposed (throwing mud on other fs)

Originally posted by User29 View Post
                    btw it doesn't say "it doesn't eat your data". it actually says: "it won't eat your data". future tense.
                    ok! you got this one

Comment

Working...
                    X