Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancurio
    replied
    Anyone here using the XFCE dusk theme? The GTK3 version has been horribly broken forever.. I really need to get around to open that bug report.

Leave a comment:

• Zeioth
    replied
    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

MATE is more, but have a lot of more bugs, xfce is more stable
    Not really, there's a lot of things than you can do in XFCE but not in MATE. The cool things about MATE is that is slighly easier to configure for new users. But it's also much less powerful.

Leave a comment:

• Passso
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

He was specifically talking about the default settings.
    However, I would refrain from calling it ugly. To me, Gnome is ugly (cartoonish), but I don't call it that, because other people will surely feel otherwise.
    Yup, and in both case he needs a dog to walk in the street or he is just trolling.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by Passso View Post

Did you try their default Neon system? If you find it ugly then you should make an appointment with an optician.
    He was specifically talking about the default settings.
    However, I would refrain from calling it ugly. To me, Gnome is ugly (cartoonish), but I don't call it that, because other people will surely feel otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Passso
    replied
    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

KDE default is ugly, always ugly look something weak
    Did you try their default Neon system? If you find it ugly then you should make an appointment with an optician.

Leave a comment:

• Amarildo
    replied
    Ubuntu is difficult to maintain
    My kid had problems with it
    Ubuntu is for dummies

LOL

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

My kid did use for while xubuntu and it was difficult to maintain, software center is too simple compared to Synaptic and there was only on workspace. Ubuntu is for dummies. Be smarter and use lighter, faster, stable and more configurable distributions.
    So, your kid couldn't figure out he/she could install Synaptic from the Software Center? See what prolongued exposure to Debian will do to you?

Leave a comment:

• Steffo
    replied
    Originally posted by suberimakuri View Post
    I tried KDE Plasma recently and promptly uninstalled it. Was very pretty but couldn't be bothered putting in the time with the default apps (I chose minimal). Didn't seem faster.
    KDE is on my machine noticeable faster than Gnome. It feels even faster than KDE 4 (which I use at work).

Leave a comment:

• Mystro256
    replied
    Originally posted by Xorg View Post

Sure. I understand GTK3 was a problem, and can be considered as stable since 3.22.
    I hope GTK4 will be more stable than GTK3...
    Well that's the thing, 4.0 is in development right now, so they shouldn't be worrying about that until gtk5 branches, which denotes 4.0 as being stable. Focusing on 3.22 makes the most sense until then, which won't be expected for another 2-3 years.

Their new development model should assure the stability people want. Allan Day made a nice little diagram if you haven't seen it:

Leave a comment:

• suberimakuri
    replied
    As waxhead said, it also does everything I need.
    Panel to launch apps, notification space, keep out of the way...
    I like the idea of Wayland but have no urgent need for it.
    I tried KDE Plasma recently and promptly uninstalled it. Was very pretty but couldn't be bothered putting in the time with the default apps (I chose minimal). Didn't seem faster.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X