Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Weeks To Go Until The KDE Plasma 6.0 Release

Phoronix: Three Weeks To Go Until The KDE Plasma 6.0 Release

There is just under three weeks to go until the much anticipated KDE Plasma 6 debut...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's the point of a "no windows open" message on alt tab when no windows exist? That's the worst option (please don't tell me you have to click on it), either do nothing or open up the start menu or something.

Comment

Im so excited for plasma 6! its a great time to be a linux user! so exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by geerge View Post
        What's the point of a "no windows open" message on alt tab when no windows exist? That's the worst option (please don't tell me you have to click on it), either do nothing or open up the start menu or something.
        You do Not have to click it to make it go away. It is visually and functionally part of the Alt+Tab switcher and when you let go of the keys it goes away as expected.

Opening a launcher would be a confusing option because it would only happen when there is nothing open. Inevitably some people would open stuff with Alt-Tab and then wonder why they can't open anything else. Doing nothing can also be confusing because it can be interpreted as the system hanging.

Comment

We can start to conclude bets on how much there will be under the article of posts or pages with posts when plasma 6.0 comes out​

Comment

I always enable the "active monitor follows mouse" option so it's sad it's going away it's very useful

Comment

Originally posted by kbios View Post
              I always enable the "active monitor follows mouse" option so it's sad it's going away it's very useful
              That's the only behavior going forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxad0127 View Post

That's the only behavior going forwards.
                From the blog post I was under the impression that the only behaviour will be "active monitor follows active window"

Comment

Originally posted by geerge View Post
                  Indeed, only a deranged mind would get the idea that you'd have to click on it to dismiss. It goes away automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by kbios View Post

From the blog post I was under the impression that the only behaviour will be "active monitor follows active window"
                    From Nate's blog:
                    now the active screen is always the one with the cursor on it, or the last one that was tapped with a touchscreen.

Comment

Working...
                    X