Three Weeks To Go Until The KDE Plasma 6.0 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iiari View Post

I agree with you that it is the customization kind still, but as a KDE fan and supporter, I just want it to be better on laptops than it is now. Surveys have long shown desktop OS's to be more used on laptops than desktops for at least 10-15 years now, and the gap keeps growing in favor of laptops every year. That makes KDE's seeming lack of focus on laptops' most critical feature (the trackpad) feel all the more frustrating. And Gnome's efforts here have been appreciated (touchpad gestures are quite different from touchscreen gestures, although Gnome is now good at both). This is also an area where, sadly, Windows and MacOS are legitimately strong.

Again, KDE devs have identified this as an area of increased focus in the near future, and I'm looking forward to it... That'll finally make KDE the king all around (SteamDeck, desktop, and laptop)....
    Well, considering their past years were mostly about getting Wayland support up to par, I wouldn't hold something like gestures support against them. Reported bugs also use to go unnoticed for years, I noticed that has changed, too, while reporting against KDE6. I'm sure they'll get to gestures, too, eventually. (Full disclosure, I'm all about desktops, I really don't notice these things)

Comment

Working...
    X