No announcement yet.

Three Weeks To Go Until The KDE Plasma 6.0 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's only in RC, but I still can't get a working desktop with 6.0 on Tumbleweed. Hopefully the stable release will give me a working desktop then. I know, RC, but so many people commented on how stable it is and how great it works on Tumbleweed, I figured I would have a good chance as well then, but nope.

Comment

Originally posted by kbios View Post
      I always enable the "active monitor follows mouse" option so it's sad it's going away it's very useful
      It's interesting how people have different workflows. I personally *hate* the "active monitor follows mouse" setting, and much prefer it following the active window. That being said, I hope something comes around allowing you to keep your workflow.

EDIT: nevermind, apparently your workflow is fine and mine is in danger LOL

Comment

Looking forward to it, KDE Plasma really feels like the most capable and complete DE at the moment. Great job!

One thing I wish for though - there are many guides / videos etc how to style and theme your KDE installation to look beautiful and modern. The defaults however are somewhat lacking.. Some more sane defaults, polished widgets, maybe a way to package/select themes better etc.. Maybe hire some designers . It's ofc something you can sort yourself, but taking it from "early 2000:s" to modern takes a fair bit of tweaking imho.

Comment

Just in time to be rock solid before Debian 13 freezes. Test, my pretties! Test!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxad0127 View Post

From Nate's blog:
            My bad I totally misunderstood lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
              I know it's only in RC, but I still can't get a working desktop with 6.0 on Tumbleweed. Hopefully the stable release will give me a working desktop then. I know, RC, but so many people commented on how stable it is and how great it works on Tumbleweed, I figured I would have a good chance as well then, but nope.
              actually there is no official option to have Plasma 6 in Tumbleweed, everything you find is experimental. I advise you to have a little patience... or if you want to try it you can do it with KDE Neon. I've been saying this as a Tumbleweed user for years.

Comment

Any news if Plasma 6 is coming to the Steamdeck? I'd imagine eventually, right?

Comment

Originally posted by hyperchaotic View Post

Indeed, only a deranged mind would get the idea that you'd have to click on it to dismiss. It goes away automatically.
                  Now now no need to flirt.

Comment

Hope it has better multi monitor support than plasma 5 which remains to this day unusable with mixed scaled monitors

Comment

Originally posted by justinkb View Post
                      Hope it has better multi monitor support than plasma 5 which remains to this day unusable with mixed scaled monitors
                      Mixed scaling is impossible with x11, but with the much improved wayland support in plasma 6 there shouldn't be any blockers to switch there for you

Comment

Working...
                      X