Mozilla Has A New CEO To Focus On The Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMightyBuzzard View Post

Her: Hold my free-trade, cruelty-free, organic chardonnay!
    As someone else already said, she can sell overpriced, useless bs to people with way too much money. If Mozilla doesn't want to vanish into oblivion, that might just be what they need.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      I wonder if the world could need a smart butt scratcher? You might find that absurd now, but wait till the next super itchy spider bite.
      You jest, but there's a massive overlap of "too fat to reach my own ass" and "lazy enough to use a smart scratcher" and that product solves both reaching and scratching. Unfortunately, that same demographic has a big overlap of "bidet is gay" so there's a lot of fat folks walking around with a bad case of shit-ass so they'd need to sell a smart wiper, too.

Think about that one next time you see a group of excessively fat people wearing MAGA hats.

Comment

I wish that they went back to work on a mobile OS assuming that they are no longer involved with KaiOS.

Comment

Ehhh... Firefox as commercial product doesn't make sense. At all. It means that Mozilla as commercial company doesn't make sense too. In reality Mozilla is Google subsidiary that desperately trying to find other streams of cash.

Firefox should be developed by some non commercial organisation that is subsidised by companies and governments that do not want to be 100% dependent on Google. Especially European Union should be very interested.​

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
            I wish that they went back to work on a mobile OS assuming that they are no longer involved with KaiOS.
            Doubtful anybody can compete with Android and iOS. It's not that there haven't been people that tried, but it would literally be easier to just pile up the money and burn it instead of this. No, they should heavily invest into making Firefox an actual competitor in the browser market again, as right now that's more or less their only reason for existence, as that's what keeps the money from Google flowing. It's sad that the only real option left is the choice between a number of Chromium browsers.

Comment

Mitchell Baker announced today she is stepping down as CEO of Mozilla Corporation but will retain the position of Mozilla Corporation Executive Chairwoman.
              I certainly hope her compensation package as Executive Chairwoman will afford her the same (or more) money. I'd hate to see her become homeless due to lack of income.

Comment

Browser is not the only application in system. I read that on some historic documents in archive, but its source is some doubtful crazy shaman.

Comment

I'm one of those bright eyed blissfully naive folk that thinks some strict engineer at the helm is the most desirable CEO, like Intel got now with Pat Gelsinger, AMD with Lisa Su, very notably nvidia with Jensen (who, reportedly, is so good that senior engineers get uncomfortable because he "berates" or criticises them with an air of superiority like "I can do your job better than you" and then goes ahead and does it), more akin to Mozilla as a software company, even Satya, Sundar, the Zuck are first and foremost engineers, etc.

But, you know, time and time again we see superior tech not leading to market success. So maybe it isn't enough to make Firefox faster, better, more embbedable (I miss their prism/webrunner or w/e it was called. And always wished they'd make a competitor to electron), etc. Maybe they need MBAs and funding and expanding to other markets like that monitor thing...

Maybe.

Comment

The question is, does "Doubling down on our core products" mean "We'll try twice as hard to ruin Firefox for anyone who doesn't know how to use userChrome.css to make it match the host desktop's look and feel"?

(Seriously. How has Chrome become the one that feels more platform-native?)

Comment

The Firefox leadership is really questionable. The only reason I keep using Firefox is because I don't want to see everything dominated by one browser engine. If they ever switch it to Chromium, I'd drop it like a hot potato.

Comment

Working...
                      X