Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hreindl View Post
    no it's because the package maintainer renamed subpackages and either you where stupid or he did a mistake, without that Arch specific change systemd would not have had a problem because systemd is not responsible for packaging mistakes nor idiot users not understanding depsolv problems, but given that it was explained dozens of times you head full of shit won't recognize that simple fact anyways
    Could you point out which part of the systemd code that caused this pacman package conflict please? If you can do so, I'll jump off the highest bridge I can find.

@aht0

0 valid arguments. The typical nonsense that's been refuted over and over again. How much code have you written, btw?

Comment

• Originally posted by arokh View Post
      @aht0
      0 valid arguments. The typical nonsense that's been refuted over and over again. How much code have you written, btw?
      Your personal subjective opinion does not render these points invalid for other people. World is not just you nor only about you. So get down from your high horse.

I've made odd side-money as a freelance coder, not just in past but inside last 6 months. Plus writing various snippets and small programs or shell scripts for my own use. Helped port Kodi 18 to FreeBSD, couple of years a go when I couldn't compile it from github's sources, sent patches upstream until it started compile..

Even though my my regular work is in military/internal security forces. Went through university (information tech) which gave me basic C like 10 years a go. Learned (delphi) pascal, python and autoit3 on my own. C shell too to a degree. I don't need more nor have want of spending too much doing it, got family who want's time and attention. Writing code tends to be job you bring home with you. Current job - once im off-work, im off.

Comment

• You haven't pointed out a single technical problem with systemd (not one!), only misconceptions and personal opinion. And sorry, your basic code snippets does not give you any authority in claims like "Wrong approach to development." regarding a major open source system and service manager.

It's hilarious, the keywords "binary logs" and "monolithic" is repeated in every clueless person's ramblings about systemd. I'm not even going to bother explaining why, as I've seen your handle in other systemd discussions and I'm sure you've seen the answer to that. Basically, you don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

*lol* but yours do? :-)
          I specifically wrote "problems as I see them".

You two keep presenting yours as Universal Ultimate Truths.

Until now all I've seen of your knowledge is calling others " idiots" with very little else. Because once I see such statement I simply skip rest of your post and when your insults go too childish, just flag it for admin. Sure as hell I won't bother reading past childish raving.

Comment

• Well, if it annoys you, keep away. Simple.
            Since you seem to offer free neurological diagnosis, yours is "obsessive-compulsive behaviour". Once you notice news item even remotely related to somebody ditching systemd, you cannot keep away.

From one angle it is funny as hell watching you two raging and from the other, it's plain pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by arokh View Post
              You haven't pointed out a single technical problem with systemd (not one!), only misconceptions and personal opinion. And sorry, your basic code snippets does not give you any authority in claims like "Wrong approach to development." regarding a major open source system and service manager.

It's hilarious, the keywords "binary logs" and "monolithic" is repeated in every clueless person's ramblings about systemd. I'm not even going to bother explaining why, as I've seen your handle in other systemd discussions and I'm sure you've seen the answer to that. Basically, you don't know what you're talking about.
              last "code snippet" I made for money involved 50k LOC and I've written longer things. Just plain lacking time after I got kid. Protestant cultures prefer not to brag. About authority - haven't seen a thing you two have written, besides flaming here.

Attack surface - pretty logical. For example I remember not just one but three CVE's from January 2019. I'ts various components have had plenty of CVE's over the years, some being exploitable for a long time (year+) before getting fixed.

About systemd affecting various software projects its functionalities it has annexed - it does not need "proving",it's self-evident.

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                About systemd affecting various software projects its functionalities it has annexed - it does not need "proving",it's self-evident.
                Look at this guy, who uses words like "annexed"... Do you sniff your own farts while you come up with this stuff?

At the end of the day, you simply have no clue about open source and how the players within work. Systemd has been chosen because it's technically superior. It's simply more effective than the projects it's "annexed". Every distribution could choose to not use systemd or just use parts of it. This notion that Redhat is somehow forcing it on people is completely absurd.

50k LOC..... Do you even github? Do you have a single line of public code? Have you participated in any open source projects?

Oh and btw, I'm not raging I am writing this with a perfect 40 beats per minute pulse and a smile on my face sipping my coffee.

Comment

• As if the attack surface is any smaller if you use other apps in place of systemd components. Where's the hard numbers saying Linux with systemd is more exploited or has more exploits in general? Just another idiotic argument. Systemd haters should simply be told to shut up or provide better code. We've heard all your ramblings before, nobody gives a shit you are just noise.

Comment

*lol* but yours do? :-)
                    Indeed, since believe it or not, neither me nor him give a shit about you and when we usually post "for other people" we don't particularly give a shit about you or arokh.

Unlike you, when you mention me in half of your posts that I don't even read except by accident.

No, you see, there's other people on this forum than you or arokh. It might be shocking to you, I know.

Comment

i don't need to believe anything given that i know for sure that <ou are one of the dumbest animals walking on two legs
                      Did you just assume my species?

Requesting ban for his offensive and speciesist remarks. Racist.

FYI I'm an attack helicopter and I don't even have legs.

Comment

Working...
                      X