Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bsdisbetter View Post
    You really need to get a life. Troll.
    says an idiot naming himelf "bsdisbetter" - thanks for the laugh

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
      When you don't give fu*k about others who made their choice, then why should they give flying fu*k about you particular opinion? Why are you even in this Devuan thread?
      i am here because shitheads talking about systemd when they pretend to live without and continue to spread shit about things they don't understand while on the other hand it's amusing to see fools like Weasel proving again and again that his intelligenence is equal to the cheese between my toes :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by hreindl View Post

says an idiot naming himelf "bsdisbetter" - thanks for the laugh
        Dude, you're abnoxious. Yes I get it, that's what trolls like you do.

However you seriously need to get out of your basement and meet real people, expand your world view and live life rather than being some angry little keyboard warrior troll coming to this topic merely looking for a fight.

So you achieved your goal you got your fight and still you go on. Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bsdisbetter View Post

Dude, you're abnoxious. Yes I get it, that's what trolls like you do.

However you seriously need to get out of your basement and meet real people, expand your world view and live life rather than being some angry little keyboard warrior troll coming to this topic merely looking for a fight.

So you achieved your goal you got your fight and still you go on. Seriously?
          real people don't give a shit about init systems they don't touch most of the time
          idiots with fear that their knowledge from the 1970's get ripped away do

guys like Weasel won't even notice that the init system has changed without people telling on the internet

Comment

real people don't give a shit about init systems they don't touch most of the time
            idiots with fear that their knowledge from the 1970's get ripped away do

guys like Weasel won't even notice that the init system has changed without people telling on the internet
            Sigh...

Comment

(redacted) talking about systemd when they pretend to live without and continue to spread shit about things they don't understand while on the other hand it's amusing to see fools like Weasel proving again and again that his intelligenence is equal to the cheese between my toes :-)
              I recommend washing your feet in this case, mr. Could develop fungus problem there.

Who is spreading shit? Majority of ranting here is done by you and handful of other systemd-proponents.

It's quite possible to live without systemd. PCLinuxOS, Alpine, Void Linux - latter 2 don't even need glibc. Oh, I forgot Devuan itself.
              And then 3-4 BSD's (free/open/net/dragonfly/trident), OpenIndiana

I'd probably be using purely windows instead if forced on systemd monoculture. More or less the same, with added benefit of running more games, better office suite, more applications available to it and much less bugs. Bugs of which in systemd devs are not interested in fixing often enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by arokh View Post
                AHAHAHAHA you attempted to remove systemd and it bricked your system? You must be the dumbest guy on the planet actually. Your parents should be fined.
                Ok, you're officially brain dead.

Here's some facts you clearly can't comprehend because you're an escaped monkey from the zoo:
                • This was a VM with a live iso of Arch to test some stuff.
                • I've done this at least 10 times before and worked just fine.
                • The entire fucking purpose of this VM was to install those packages and test some stuff. The VM itself lived in tmpfs, yes that's how little I gave a shit of its persistence (a reboot and it's totally gone).
                • I got a conflict when installing those packages. If I said NO to not remove that piece of shit, then what the FUCK was the purpose of the VM at all, to eat my tmpfs space? Without removing that conflict, I might as well have never ran the VM in the first place, because its value would be literally zero. Wheras a half-broken system still had uses because it was easily repaired and then I got on my way, after wasting 5 minutes due to piece of shit systemd.
                Are you seriously that retarded?

Originally posted by arokh View Post
                Satisfy me? Don't get me wrong here my sweet fucknoob, I couldn't care less if you fix your problem. I'm not the one blasting systemd because I'm clueless and broke my OS.
                Fix what? I already fixed it by copying all the files back from the iso (and not replacing any), since it was a temporary VM, I couldn't care less. In fact, I mentioned this in the FIRST post about it. The FIRST post!!!

You think I posted here to ask for advice from noobs like you? I never even intended to address morons in the first place, YOU addressed me first, so get lost kid.

I simply stated that it is ALWAYS systemd that gets in my way and I have issues with all the live iso tests in VMs only due to systemd.
                Last edited by Weasel; 03-05-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                  I recommend washing your feet in this case, mr. Could develop fungus problem there.
                  i like cheese

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                  Who is spreading shit? Majority of ranting here is done by you and handful of other systemd-proponents.
                  you are blind, most of the shit is spread by Weasel, you and your friends

It's quite possible to live without systemd. PCLinuxOS, Alpine, Void Linux - latter 2 don't even need glibc. Oh, I forgot Devuan itself.
                  surely, it's quite possible to live without computers at all

I'd probably be using purely windows instead if forced on systemd monoculture.
                  just do it and take Weasel and your ither brothers with you

More or less the same, with added benefit of running more games, better office suite, more applications available to it and much less bugs. Bugs of which in systemd devs are not interested in fixing often enough.
                  laughable given that i run systemd in procution on desktops and servers for so many yearhs that you, Weasel and your other drunken brothers won't make a point in this life

Comment

• Originally posted by arokh View Post

Why would _anyone_ go in /usr/lib and delete anything (especially if you don't know what you're doing)? It's a system directory and should be handled by a package manager,period.

This has nothing to do with Arch. Do stupid shit get stupid results.
                    It's my system and I'll go where I like. I used to do all that stuff by hand, and manually delete includes and libraries to upgrade to new. I could even find them based on last modified timestamps if the naming conventions weren't obvious. For years, I didn't even have package management on my LFS systems. Even if I used a "distro" I'd never install another distro package again after the initial install. I DO know what I'm doing and I'm trying to do things differently, this time, with Arch, so I can just use pacman and AUR. I'm even keeping compiled stuff in /usr/local to a minimum (there are still some things I want done a certain way though).

Note: One good thing about maintaining your own software by hand is that you get to decide where it goes and you can compartmentalize for easier maintenance. (for example, --prefix=/opt/kde)

I like (maybe even love) the distro, and I'm OK with it because I discovered it on my first "ls -l" and I know what pitfalls it represents, but doing stupid things like making /bin and /lib symlinks so you can dump everything in /usr is "stupid shit that gets stupid results" like making the system more fragile AND more difficult for an old school user (i.e. manually finding things) without sticking to the Arch way of doing things. Not to mention wanting /usr on a separate filesystem (I don't) and not using an initrd for your kernel would be a non-starter.

The Arch distro can be easy to break, if you don't stick to the plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                      Ok, you're officially brain dead.
                      nope, you are

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                      Here's some facts you clearly can't comprehend because you're an escaped monkey from the zoo:[LIST][*]This was a VM with a live iso of Arch to test some stuff
                      yes, and you have proven that you are fucking too stupif for use it

[*]I've done this at least 10 times before and worked just fine.
                      in other words: you where 10 times lucky

[*]The entire fucking purpose of this VM was to install those packages and test some stuff
                      yeah, and while test stuff tested you it decided you are unworthy :-)

[*]I got a conflict when installing those packages.
                      and you where not capable to solve it proper

If I said NO to not remove that piece of shit, then [B]what the FUCK was the purpose of the VM at all
                      learning to solve dependency problems or realize that you are an idiot

Fix what? I already fixed it by copying all the files back from the iso (and not replacing any), since it was a temporary VM, I couldn't care less. In fact, I mentioned this in the FIRST post about it. The FIRST post!!!
                      well, we still donät get why you blame systemd for Weasel beeing a fucking idiot

You think I posted here to ask for advice from noobs like you?
                      nope, nobody thinks that given that everypone knows that you are an idiot blaming systemd for everything

I simply stated that it is ALWAYS systemd that gets in my way
                      but it's not true, your head full of shit always gets in your way and that will continue unless you remove the shit

Comment

Working...
                      X