• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddevault View Post
    I am the author of this book...
    Thanks for the book!

Comment

Originally posted by frank007 View Post

The question is: why should we buy a book for a freely available open-source project?
      Because you want to learn. That's what books are for. I'm really confused by this question.

Comment

Originally posted by frank007

I've already written in another post that this work must be done by the wayland's inventors. Otherwise a programmer don't know how to proceed, and starts inventing (a make buggy things).
        This is complete nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by frank007

Just for you.
          Or are you talking about my English? I don't know the English language.
          So how do you feel about books teaching physics or math? The original developer isn't writing any books and since only the original developer can understand anything about how anything works, there shouldn't be any books on math or physics, right?

Comment

Originally posted by novhack View Post

Did you read the article? The author is the creator of WLROOTS and Sway. The first is the most advanced Wayland library for compositor development and the second is an amazing Wayland i3 compatible alternative. He most likely has more knowledge on how to develop Wayland based software than anyone other than Wayland creators themselves.
            I did check waylad documentation of source codes, I wrote a wayland client... and was working on own wayland compositor... till I noticed... that wayland is crap... and that I should not waste time on promoting crap. Check their official documentation of the wayland protocol... then check any rfc you find there outside... and notice the difference. The wayland documenation is mostly just a collection of comments from the source code of the reference implemenation.

Comment

Originally posted by ddevault View Post
              I am the author of this book. I think it is very silly to doubt that I lack the qualifications to write it, I am one of maybe a dozen people worldwide with comparible levels of experience with Wayland. If you find any errors, tell me about them, and I will correct them.

Thanks for sharing the link to my book, Michael.
              I wanted a PDF version so I published a repository1 on GitHub that will output the PDF version of the book, using the upstream source. It's using GitHub Actions to build the PDF and publish under the Releases. There is also a script for local execution as well if that is preferred. Thanks for making this!

1. wayland-book repository

Comment

Working...
              X