No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Now Officially At OpenGL 4.2 Compliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really looking forward to buying a new AMD GPU later this year or in early 2017. Time to upgrade my old 6870! I hope Zen is nice, then I'll buy AMD CPU+Mobo+GPU and some new memory. Otherwise its Intel CPU+Mobo and AMD GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
      I need a laptop for work. If there were only a healthy market for AMD laptops!
      Now i need to take an intel based solution and dump around with opengl 3.3 ..
      I have 8850m GCN with 640 shaders (I think 850MHz and Windowz Catalyst gives me the option for around 1.1Ghz, I hope MESA to in the future). CPU only Intel for now (heavy single thread performance needed by some apps like FFXIII), always turbo 3GHz+ at least for the first core (mine is 3.2GHz), always AVX+ (PS3 emulator needs AVX, mine is AVX2). Price 400eu used for me (better a good used instead a bad new, that way you can sabotage the garbage).
      Last edited by artivision; 13 April 2016, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post

As far as I can tell that adds 13 extensions, right? What about the Android Extension Pack? Where they in addition to OpenGL ES 3.2 or included in ES 3.2?
        While OpenGL 2015 will be useful somewhat to Mesa, I don't think the Android Extension Pack would be. Games usually get ported TO Android rather than the other way around and when they do get ported in that direction the usually have to undergo some hefty restructuring because of the vastly different levels of power, cooling ability and general interaction models

Comment

"OpenGL for 2015" slides.
          OpenGL for 2015 - Download as a PDF or view online for free

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
            Now we have all for opengl 4.3 and Alien: Isolation
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoAxC2tnocA
            Cool, it works. Last time I tried it, it had no effect, but then compute shaders didn't work in Shadow of Mordor either even though they were compiled fine. I even made an api trace file: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=93144

But maybe it was because I was too careless in merging the compute shader branch to mesa master.

I'm trying again now, but I still have the segfault problem in radeonsi_dri.so. Just setting CFLAGS to -g "solves" that, but I still see colorful flickering.

Other demos work though. Can you test these examples?
            OpenGL 3 and 4 with GLSL. Contribute to McNopper/OpenGL development by creating an account on GitHub.

You have to once build glus from that same repo and then compile them with, e.g. for example40:
            cd GLUS
            cmake .
            make
            cd ..
            cd Example40
            gcc src/*.c -I ../GLUS/src/ -lGLEW -lGL -lm -L ../GLUS/ -l:libGLUS.a -lglfw
            MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.3 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=430 ./a.out

For me:
            Example30 - GPU ray tracing using compute shader (OpenGL 4.3) - gray window content with radeonsi, works with intel
            Example40 - Cloth simulation using compute shader (OpenGL
            4.3) - somewhat works with radeonsi, the cloth is often different though, completely broken with intel
            Example41 - Ocean wave height/normal map calculation with FFT using compute shader (OpenGL
            4.3, NVIDIA hardware under Linux has artifacts) - works with both intel and radeonsi

Example42 - FXAA (OpenGL 4.3) - gray window content with both

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
              Cool, it works. Last time I tried it, it had no effect, but then compute shaders didn't work in Shadow of Mordor either even though they were compiled fine. I even made an api trace file: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=93144

But maybe it was because I was too careless in merging the compute shader branch to mesa master.
              I use Mesa form your github

Example30 - black window and 100% gpu load
              Example40 - looks good to me
              Example41 - works fine

Example42 - gray window

Comment

Thanks, so it's just the way it is and not my fault that at least these examples don't work all. Maybe they would be good test cases for bugreports..

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                  I use Mesa form your github
                  Uh, I hadn't actually read that. So that Alien Isolation doesn't work correctly for me is definitely not the fault of my mesa merging.

I just built the latest llvm svn with the patch you get from "download raw diff" here: http://reviews.llvm.org/D18340?id=53494
                  Then I built mesa with git am -3 foo.mbox you get from "download mbox" from here: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/5215/

I had to disable clover for now because of
                  Code:
                  [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000][B]llvm/invocation.cpp:[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] In function '[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][B]void {anonymous}::optimize(llvm::Module*, unsigned int)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]': [/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#000000][B]llvm/invocation.cpp:337:53:[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff5454][B]error: [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]no matching function for call to '[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][B]createInternalizePass(std::vector<const char*>&)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]' [/COLOR]
                        PM.add(llvm::createInternalizePass(export_list));[/FONT]
                  And - Alien Isolation still has flickering colors.
                  Like with Shadow of Mordor, when I run with MESA_GLSL=log I get a bunch of shader_*.comp with /* Compile status: ok */. But still, something must be wrong...

Comment

Well, mod queue so I can't edit. There's the patch to make opencl build: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/5639/

I had the bright idea to run ./piglit run tests/all -t compute_shader results/compute_shader but oh well...

[45105.652383] [drm:si_vm_reg_valid.part.22 [radeon]] *ERROR* Invalid register 0xb928 in CS

But maybe it's because of another commit, maybe this fresh one? https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/...62cb540d215319

Comment

Mesamatrix.net tables are not correct.

r600 may be compliant with OpenGL 4.1 but some cards are still not supported (stuck at 3.3), which means the picture is far from perfect.

Comment

Working...
                      X