The Maintainer Of The NVIDIA Open-Source "Nouveau" Linux Kernel Driver Resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avis View Post

Yeah, NVIDIA had proper excellent Linux support before AMD/Intel even thought about it. Linux newcomers don't know history at all.
    Yes. It's sad that people today don't even know how to verify information and work with it. And they just blindly mistake some half-witted trendy things.
    My ATI remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by kurkosdr View Post
      Nobody cares about your hotkeys/macros that need absolute window positions,
      Nobody cares about your pathetic casual usage of your "desktop" like a mobile r either.

So, keep ranting.
      Keep crying about Nvidia.

Nobody cares.

Especially not their bottom line.

Cope harder.

Also funny that you say I'm rating when I literally said it works perfectly fine for me. YOU are the one complaining. So keep bitching and suffering because of Crapland.

Just get a fucking phone and get off desktops.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        Nobody cares about your pathetic casual usage of your "desktop" like a mobile r either..
        I also mentioned MacOS X, but whatever. Learn how not to be a rude arsehat and you might be taken seriously.

Let me remind you that you are the one who replied with a rude and aggressive comment first.

Comment

Nobody cares about your pathetic casual usage of your "desktop" like a mobile r either.

Keep crying about Nvidia.

Nobody cares.

Especially not their bottom line.

Cope harder.

Also funny that you say I'm rating when I literally said it works perfectly fine for me. YOU are the one complaining. So keep bitching and suffering because of Crapland.

Just get a fucking phone and get off desktops.
          CrapWeasel, you are boring.

Switch to OpenBSD, there's Xenocara.

Comment

I also mentioned MacOS X, but whatever. Learn how not to be a rude arsehat and you might be taken seriously.

Let me remind you that you are the one who replied with a rude and aggressive comment first.
            Mac in general is a sad joke in everything, including design. It's the furthest thing from a desktop. Unsurprisingly it's losing market share even to Linux on the desktop lol.

Obviously don't bring up iPhones because those are not desktops.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
              CrapWeasel, you are boring.

Switch to OpenBSD, there's Xenocara.
              Why switch? Nvidia drivers work flawlessly for me on Linux with X11.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post

I remember being forced to use Korora Linux because I couldn’t get the damn ngreedia drivers working with anything else.

oh and funny you decide to insult us that wants proper open source drivers in open source OS.
                As i said I was using Nvidia's drivers since before Fedora existed, and both Manjaro and Ubuntu had automatic installation of Nvidia drivers for years.

As for using "proper open source drivers in open source OS", the insult arises because of the lack of coherent, logical reasoning on the part of these people.

You guys want the OS and the drivers to be open source but have no problem using these to run closed source, proprietary software such as games, and in many cases, closed source, proprietary games designed to run only on closed source, proprietary OSes.

Comment

Why switch? Nvidia drivers work flawlessly for me on Linux with X11.
                  Someone is totes not keeping up...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sure, what you have will work for another, oh, I dunno... 3, 4 years? After that you will need to build X.org yourself and make sure it is compatible with your next Nvidia card. Except oh wait, no, you can't. Need source code for that, source code Nvidia refuse to give you.

Pretty soon a Vulkan driver, which is much easier than an OpenGL driver to write, will be everything you require for proper Wayland support. Zinc is already 95% there.

So you can spit venom at Wayland all you want. The rest of us have already moved on. You are welcome to join us, or keep sticking to your ever shrinking island. Your problem, your hardware, you figure it out.

Meanwhile I will go back to enjoying BG3 on Wayland running with FSR on my Radeon GPU and 1440p@144Hz screen.

Comment

Mac in general is a sad joke in everything, including design. It's the furthest thing from a desktop. Unsurprisingly it's losing market share even to Linux on the desktop lol.
                    Not sure if serious or just trolling, but anyway:
                    This graph shows the market share of desktop operating systems worldwide based on over 5 billion monthly page views.

And that despite the fact Macs sell as premium products with prices to match.

I don't know what you are trying to say all this time (your posts are basically zero-information posts), but MacOS has gained significant market share the past 14 years or so (and the gains are even more substantial in key markets such as the US). This should clue everyone that people care about the user experience, not what the Weasels on Phoronix consider a "sad joke" (for reasons they won't reveal).

Again, I can't tell if you are serious or just trolling.
                    Last edited by kurkosdr; 21 September 2023, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wertigon View Post
                      Someone is totes not keeping up...

Sure, what you have will work for another, oh, I dunno... 3, 4 years? After that you will need to build X.org yourself and make sure it is compatible with your next Nvidia card. Except oh wait, no, you can't. Need source code for that, source code Nvidia refuse to give you.

Pretty soon a Vulkan driver, which is much easier than an OpenGL driver to write, will be everything you require for proper Wayland support. Zinc is already 95% there.

So you can spit venom at Wayland all you want. The rest of us have already moved on. You are welcome to join us, or keep sticking to your ever shrinking island. Your problem, your hardware, you figure it out.

Meanwhile I will go back to enjoying BG3 on Wayland running with FSR on my Radeon GPU and 1440p@144Hz screen.
                      Who gives a flying fuck about Fedora? I will never use any Red Hat garbage. That's worse than using Windows.

You're so cringe it's not even funny.

I also build Xorg myself btw, but for completely different reasons. Along with a lot of other stuff obviously.

Comment

Working...
                      X