Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When can we expect FREESYNC in open source driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    OP had created several times Debian kernel packages with the time used for this thread.Only if he had knowledge how to do it.
    Only that he didn't asked how to do things, but when will that be available for easy install - with a click you know

I did fix it after 7 pages of BS.
    You didn't fix anything, you just ignored OP and talk with yourself
    Last edited by dungeon; 11 January 2017, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Freesync support will be available with zero clicks some day. You need to understand that software development takes time and resources. Also open source amdgpu driver is new, see:
      http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-linux42&num=1.
      amdgpu driver is nothing new, it's developement started in year 2014. and now it is 2017. if my calendar is right... so it is older than WIndows 10 and Debian 8

It might be only new to you or someone who install that to use for the first time, but it is couple years old already.

You do not not install nvidia linux drivers with one click either.
      I don't do that, since i don't have nVidia chip... but as a see nvidia drivers are available in repo, so user can just click install it. You see, how it is Install > Reboot>Voila for majority And it has GUI of course.
      Last edited by dungeon; 11 January 2017, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        amdgpu driver is nothing new, it's developement started in year 2014. and now it is 2017. if my calendar is right... so it is older than WIndows 10 and Debian 8

It might be only new to you or someone who install that to use for the first time, but it is couple years old already.
        Using that logic Windows 10 would be at least 4 years old, maybe 5. There are a couple of years of development at both MS and vendors before a new OS version actually launches.

We are still working on getting amdgpu to the point where it can fully replace fglrx, so in that context it is 0 years old with a few previews.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Using that logic Windows 10 would be at least 4 years old, maybe 5. There are a couple of years of development at both MS and vendors before a new OS version actually launches.
          Again ignorance... same is with Debian 8, work on it started 2 years before release... they both launched in the middle of 2015. while work on D8 started in the middle of 2013. but we can claim even earlier as some features are usually postpoined and waiting for next.They are both same old if you ask me

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          We are still working on getting amdgpu to the point where it can fully replace fglrx, so in that context it is 0 years old with a few previews.
          That is why Einstein's relativity theory is true - anybody can claim how much something is new or old as it actually depends not on good considered opinion, but actually just on plain POV

And according to your words, fglrx is still recommended for GCN 1.x or older hardware as new driver is not really ready yet... which is cool as on Debian 8 installation of it is click away and it has a GUI

But not OC on that GUI, AFAIR (and i remember a lot) no AMD driver for Linux ever had GUI for that... Looking back in time you do qt2, qt3, qt4 versions and now for a year none GUI in comparision to competitior who do just one gtk2 GUI 13 years ago and even that initial one was far better than any of yours anytime

Even if you now do gtk2 verison no one from majority will complain as who cares when they can just click on it, who cares what toolkit is if it works for majority (and keep in mind majority, but you can't as your definition is different of course) Really, if you can't make it then better just don't do it and when someone asking just say it clear - we won't

And why that? Because if you cared earlier about users (but you don't, as you care mostly about development) you would release that PRO driver year ago in working state or even now but again in working state... not just 1/3 asics on average working while even those were and still are in regressed state, both on performance and features

That is problem with these drivers, you setup things wrong at beggining, raising awareness while only raising bugs count actually and expecting that things will be better by the time... I don't think so, as you will break them again in 2 years if not even earler if not that they does not even work now for majority as intended... that is how things goes traditionally with AMD or should i better say with ATi
          Last edited by dungeon; 12 January 2017, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Again ignorance... same is with Debian 8, work on it started 2 years before release... they both launched in the middle of 2015. while work on D8 started in the middle of 2013. but we can claim even earlier as some features are usually postpoined and waiting for next.They are both same old if you ask me

That is why Einstein's relativity theory is true - anybody can claim how much something is new or old as it actually depends not on good considered opinion, but actually just on plain POV

And according to your words, fglrx is still recommended for GCN 1.x or older hardware as new driver is not really ready yet... which is cool as on Debian 8 installation of it is click away and it has a GUI

But not OC on that GUI, AFAIR (and i remember a lot) no AMD driver for Linux ever had GUI for that... Looking back in time you do qt2, qt3, qt4 versions and now for a year none GUI in comparision to competitior who do just one gtk2 GUI 13 years ago and even that initial one was far better than any of yours anytime

Even if you now do gtk2 verison no one from majority will complain as who cares when they can just click on it, who cares what toolkit is if it works for majority (and keep in mind majority, but you can't as your definition is different of course) Really, if you can't make it then better just don't do it and when someone asking just say it clear - we won't

And why that? Because if you cared earlier about users (but you don't, as you care mostly about development) you would release that PRO driver year ago in working state or even now but again in working state... not just 1/3 asics on average working while even those were and still are in regressed state, both on performance and features

That is problem with these drivers, you setup things wrong at beggining, raising awareness while only raising bugs count actually and expecting that things will be better by the time... I don't think so, as you will break them again in 2 years if not even earler if not that they does not even work now for majority as intended... that is how things goes traditionally with AMD or should i better say with ATi
            Arrgghh! You're such a horrible liar.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              Arrgghh! You're such a horrible liar.
              I just don't look at things from one side, but you certainly has problem to understand that it seems

Comment

Here you have graphical user interface for the amdgpu driver:

Here is the GUI for overclocking the kernel:
                You have no idea what you talking about and i see no improvments since your's 1. post up to 1500. But continue trying, that is what life is for

Comment

Use your time to write the GUIs what you want instead of writing shit to the internet.
                  Obviosly you have no idea of what type of GUI we are talking about, as you can't write that even if you want to . As you quoted me in a sense of GUI for PRO driver there, that previosly worked via ADL... but now that isn't there.

You simply don't undestand things, so you should try to ask questions instead of giving people bad advices
                  Last edited by dungeon; 14 January 2017, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Obviosly you have no idea of software development at all when you write that amdgpu is old and you want to write shit instead of software.
                    It is from year 2014. take that as old or new so whatever you like, i explained what is old or new depends on POV. So, be free to use any empty word to mark something as such

Comment

Just to avoid confusion, we started working on amdgpu in late 2014, ramped up development in 2015, started beta releases in 2016 and expect to finish it in 2017.

So as dungeon says you can call it anything you want, old or new, but you need to provide context in order for what you say to make sense.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X