Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When can we expect FREESYNC in open source driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Who said i don't use it? I mean generally what driver you don't use you just don't use or disable.... You are talking to "get off, to go back to Windows, etc..." while i don't use Windows nearly at all so i asking myself how i can go back somewhere when i am not coming from there ... those are your words, so answer yourself from where you take that infoshit about bullshit or whatever
    Hey your'e the one that likes inferior broken proprietary buggy crap. So I made the only logical suggestion that makes sense for you. If you choose to ignore my advice then the very least you can do is stop making up bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Hey your'e the one that likes inferior broken proprietary buggy crap. So I made the only logical suggestion that makes sense for you. If you choose to ignore my advice then the very least you can do is stop making up bullshit.
      I reserved my right to think how you just speak with yourself I did not mention any shit, bullshit, crap, get off, fuck... those are all your words, i don't have that kind of vocabular normally Example:

Bottom line is this, if you are not capable of comprehending a simple analogy, then why should anyone believe anything you say about the topic? What that dude effectively asked for was wizard-like installers like how Windows installs things, and the fact is, that shit is fucked up dawg, fo sho. There is no argument that you are he or anyone can make that could ever possibly justify that garbage on linux. If you or he or anybody is unwilling to learn -package management- then get the fuck off linux already. PLEASE! You'd be doing everyone a favor including yourself.
      Last edited by dungeon; 09 January 2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I reserved my right to think how you just speak with yourself I did not mention any shit, bullshit, crap, get off, fuck... those are all your words, i don't have that kind of vocabular normally Example:
        And I stand by what I said. If you want Wizard-like Installers, then get the fuck off linux, it isn't for you at all in any possible way. Use Package management ffs.

Comment

And I stand by what I said. If you want Wizard-like Installers, then get the fuck off linux, it isn't for you at all in any possible way. Use Package management ffs.
          If it is third party, it can be whatever you want even wizard-like why not ...I think GoG's games for Linux goes like that Next>Next>Finish and it really does not hurt anything and no one complain
          Last edited by dungeon; 09 January 2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

If is third party, it can be whatever you want even wizard-like why not ...I think GoG's games for Linux goes like that Next>Next>Finish and it really does not hurt anything and no one complain

GoG's games for linux include all the libraries they need and can be bundled in a tar.gz if they wanted to. That's not the same thing, but is still a horrible idea.

Comment

I look at all of the posts in this thread and I dont know if I should laugh or cry.

I would suggest you people check your calendar. We live in the year 2017. the 21st CENTURY.

here is something that might be of interest:
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_c...and_technology

Here are some entries here:

2005 – The Huygens probe lands on Titan, the largest of Saturn's moons, January 14.
              2010 – The Large Hadron Collider's first high power collisions took place in March 2010.
              2012 – European physicists have statistically demonstrated the existence of the Higgs boson.
              2012 – The first successful complete face transplant is performed in Turkey.
              2013 – First kidney grown in vitro in the U.S.
              2015 – On July 14, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft became the first to fly by Pluto, on a mission to photograph and collect data on its planetary system. No other spacecraft has yet performed such a mission so far from Earth.

In other words, we have a probe on Titan, we did a Pluto fly by, we discovered the Higgs Boson, we can do face transplants, and can grow kidneys and livers in the lab.

BUT... some people in this thread try to claim with a straight face that:

We cannot have a driver on linux for AMD cards with a GUI and OC capability built in.

Let that sink in.

I dont appreciate linux apologists here claiming people should switch to windows if they dont want to do command line. I suggest to you that you take your own advice and maybe start catching your own food in the forest with bow and arrow, and cooking it in a fire you make with your own two hands by rubbing pieces of wood together. Don't forget to sleep in your self-made shelter and make your clothes from scratch by shaving sheep and using the wool.

See how insane your thinking is? Instead of criticizing an obvious deficiency so it can be addressed and improved, I see batshit insane posts..

If you still dont get it, lets just say that dungeon does get it and AMD should hire this man yesterday.

And then i see speculation on this forum with people speculating why Linux numbers on steam survey are at a standstill or dropping at 0.88%.

GEEZ you think??? Its almost as if only 1% of users are willing to put up with bull**** like this. (starting to doubt why the hell I am part of the 1%).

Holy ****.

Apparently basic convenience is too much to ask for.
              Last edited by Auksinis; 09 January 2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

GoG's games for linux include all the libraries they need and can be bundled in a tar.gz if they wanted to. That's not the same thing, but is still a horrible idea.
                Driver can be bundled in tar.xz too, so not sure what you talking about

I dunno also why AMD still does not release officialy orig laboratory (like it happened in steamos) and makes it easer for other than offcial supported distro to install things... in the end of the day, it is just - place things here and there, build module, configure... who cares how it is packed by default, distros can later repack it in their distro format if they want to
                Last edited by dungeon; 09 January 2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Auksinis View Post
                  I look at all of the posts in this thread and I dont know if I should laugh or cry.

I would suggest you people check your calendar. We live in the year 2017. the 21st CENTURY.

here is something that might be of interest:
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_c...and_technology

Here are some entries here:

2005 – The Huygens probe lands on Titan, the largest of Saturn's moons, January 14.
                  2010 – The Large Hadron Collider's first high power collisions took place in March 2010.
                  2012 – European physicists have statistically demonstrated the existence of the Higgs boson.
                  2012 – The first successful complete face transplant is performed in Turkey.
                  2013 – First kidney grown in vitro in the U.S.
                  2015 – On July 14, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft became the first to fly by Pluto, on a mission to photograph and collect data on its planetary system. No other spacecraft has yet performed such a mission so far from Earth.

In other words, we have a probe on Titan, we did a Pluto fly by, we discovered the Higgs Boson, we can do face transplants, and can grow kidneys and livers in the lab.

BUT... some people in this thread try to claim with a straight face that:

We cannot have a driver on linux for AMD cards with a GUI and OC capability built in.

Let that sink in.

I dont appreciate linux apologists here claiming people should switch to windows if they dont want to do command line. I suggest to you that you take your own advice and maybe start catching your own food in the forest with bow and arrow, and cooking it in a fire you make with your own two hands by rubbing pieces of wood together. Don't forget to sleep in your self-made shelter and make your clothes from scratch by shaving sheep and using the wool.

See how insane your thinking is? Instead of criticizing an obvious deficiency so it can be addressed and improved, I see batshit insane posts..

If you still dont get it, lets just say that dungeon does get it and AMD should hire this man yesterday.

And then i see speculation on this forum with people speculating why Linux numbers on steam survey are at a standstill or dropping at 0.88%.

GEEZ you think??? Its almost as if only 1% of users are willing to put up with bull**** like this. (starting to doubt why the hell I am part of the 1%).

Holy ****.

Apparently basic convenience is too much to ask for.
                  You do realize that most package mangers already have fully functional GUI's don't you? Of course it is almost always easier to simply type out a quick command on a terminal.

Comment

Driver can be bundled in tar.xz too, so not sure what you talking about

I dunno also why AMD still does not release officialy orig laboratory (like it happened in steamos) and makes it easer for other than offcial supported distro to install things... in the end of the day, it is just - place things here and there, build module, configure... who cares how it is packed by default, distros can later repack it in their distro format if they want to
                    Although I think we can trust GoG, who else out there shouldn't we trust? I would say almost everyone. Package management is the only option.

Comment

Of course it is almost always easier to simply type out a quick command on a terminal.
                      But clicking is simplier, do not forget we are talking about majority and not only about keyboard ninjas

Although I think we can trust GoG, who else out there shouldn't we trust?
                      You download driver from AMD site, if you decide to trust them or not that is your choice - read EULA click if you agree or don't if you don't is usual agreement. BTW, what that has to do with type of installation i dunno, it is about making things easier for majority... are we going into offtopic again?

Probably not as we don't agree who are majority in the first place, you think that majority should learn what you know while i think majority shouldn't be required to know anything neither what you and i know.

Scenario is people buy card, install os, install driver and play games There should be least amount learing curve. What else is needed? That majority are not even interested about your bugzilla, your plans, bugs and regressions - they would like to dunno anything about it

It is simple app-centric approach what majorty likes about particular OS, does things work or not. And that is end of the story. Majority shouldn't be required to know anything about your OS details and complications during development.

It is that simple "tell me does it work or not, where it works and if it don't tell me when it will work", otherwise good bye
                      Last edited by dungeon; 09 January 2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X