Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When can we expect FREESYNC in open source driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was away from this thread for a while as I was on vacation but would like to make a quick post about the ongoing conversation here...

1. debianxfce : if you look at my post you will notice I created this thread to gauge if it is a good time to buy an AMD GPU or not. AKA i dont actually own one. I appreciate your attempt to help with typing out the commands which could be helpful. Having said that, even if I had I already had an amd card I would not mess with commands because my experience has taught me that often things go wrong and because I do not have the technical know how to fix the errors that ensue I could end up with unusable system. Still thanks for trying to be helpful. The point of the thread is we need to make sure no one needs to go through what you typed out.

2. I think that most people agree that a GUI panel would be helpful once the driver is already installed (and hopefully it can be installed from the package manager with 1 click). An overclock slider would be the bomb too... even nvidia doesn't have that on linux yet.

3. I think that even though we all love linux, some of you folks are getting riled up here and very confrontational and even angry with each other. I dont think its productive. I think we should be talking about real solutions and how things can be made easier for newcomers. Dont forget that more newcomers = higher marker share = more software for the OS you love and more $ funding it. Dont forget some of us newbies have a $$ we are willing to give to open source.

4. I would like to thank Bridgman for keeping such a professional and cool tone, even when some arguably inflammatory/negative words were thrown his way. Thank you for staying so on point. I hope you can in some way relate to the AMD software team the community desire to have a good GUI for AMD driver on linux OS with advanced features.

Because of your conduct and how you represent your company I will be buying AMD (most expensive single GPU next to be unveiled) as soon as it is released. I will also buy the most expensive ryzen CPU to be released next month. I hope it will be a good experience, although I do not expect perfection from day one. Knowing that AMD team is aware and working on the things that are lacking is enough for now.

Hope you all guys have a great year... dont lose perspective we are all in this together.

Comment

Originally posted by Auksinis View Post
      Hope you all guys have a great year... dont lose perspective we are all in this together.
      I agree, perspective is there - in this year we should start talking more about FreeSync 2 as this FreeSync 1 is also about 2 years old already.
      Last edited by dungeon; 16 January 2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X