Gallium3D VDPAU On Radeon Starts Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    VDPAU/XvMC gallium 3d acceleration is also supported on r300 hardware now (commit).
    Wait, what? What does this buy us r300 users? Has somebody tested it?

Comment

Originally posted by yotambien View Post
      Wait, what? What does this buy us r300 users? Has somebody tested it?
      Yes. See http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...634#post211634

EDIT: also note that r300 hardware means R300->R500.
      Last edited by oibaf; 01 June 2011, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        Yes. See http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...634#post211634

EDIT: also note that r300 hardware means R300->R500.
        But...this is awesome...

Comment

But this is basically MC using the VDPAU interface, right? Most of the difficult parts of H264 are still not implemented, AFAIK.

Still very important, but not quite a fully accelerated shader solution just yet.

Comment

It currently implements iDCT and MC on the shaders.

Comment

Cool, so it's missing VLC and deblocking to support everything VDPAU offers, basically.

All of this is for Mpeg2 only atm, right?

Comment

Well, here VPDAU does work with my r300, meaning that it displays video. I too would like to know what streams is meant to accelerate. I'm on the move and I only have available a couple of youtube h264 videos. Using VDPAU with mplayer appears just slightly slower than xv. It will be very nice if it improves somehow. One negative thing is that in fullscreen it scales the video without respecting the aspect ratio...

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                  It currently implements iDCT and MC on the shaders.
                  z-scan, quantification and mismatch control is also implemented and working (at least with r600g).

For r300g I have an old RV350 for testing and got z-scan, quantification, the first idct stage, mc and yuv->rgb/scaling working.
                  I still have problems with the second idct stage and mismatch control, those shaders uses to many alu/tex instructions.

Also the missing hardware features (instanced drawing, blender clamping control) is giving me quite an headache.

Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsimple View Post
                    z-scan, quantification and mismatch control is also implemented and working (at least with r600g).

For r300g I have an old RV350 for testing and got z-scan, quantification, the first idct stage, mc and yuv->rgb/scaling working.
                    I still have problems with the second idct stage and mismatch control, those shaders uses to many alu/tex instructions.

Also the missing hardware features (instanced drawing, blender clamping control) is giving me quite an headache.

Christian.
                    Thanks for the update. You're doing great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsimple View Post

Christian.
                      There is a patch for draw_instanced on Marek branch:

Dunno about its state.

Comment

Working...
                      X