Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's Longtime Open-Source Linux Graphics Driver Advocate Retires

Phoronix: AMD's Longtime Open-Source Linux Graphics Driver Advocate Retires

After working at ATI/AMD for more than a quarter century and being the open-source graphics driver manager during the early days, John Bridgman has retired...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you bridgman ! Your advocacy was a part of why I've had AMD-only machine purchases for quite a few years. Selfishly I hope you don't completely disappear from the scene but I hope you have all the rest, relaxation, and leisure you've earned first.

Comment

Damn, big shoes to fill. Like tsuru, I hope to still see him on the forums.

Comment

Have a good retirement!

Comment

Thank you Bridgman for your efforts on AMD Linux graphics. I hope you have a very good life.

Comment

My thanks to Bridgman. Enjoy the retirement!

Comment

Thank you John Bridgman for all your efforts and your participation here in the forums. I wish you to enjoy your retirement, and hey, just because you are not working at AMD anymore, doesn't mean you have to stop posting from time to time, don't be a stranger.

Comment

Community engagement means more than just keeping good relations with open source developers and John took that by heart with us users on Phoronix. Thanks a lot for your unique perspective and your toughness in absorbing all the flak during the past decades. Enjoy your retirement!

Comment

Congratulations, Hope you have many years to enjoy your time!

Comment

I'm not currently running any AMD hardware, but I'd still like to extend my thanks. His posts set us straight more times than I care to count.
                    Last edited by bug77; 03 April 2024, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X