ATI R600/700 OSS 3D Driver Reaches Gears Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by botik32 View Post
    I am getting 1500 fps with the latest git radeonhd driver and mesa and 2.6.31 kernel on RadeonHD 3200 which is RV610.
    If that was an IGP, that'd be to be expected.
    Last edited by nanonyme; 03 August 2009, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
      If that was an IGP, that'd be to be expected.
      Yup, it is. My bad

Comment

I am getting 1500 fps with the latest git radeonhd driver and mesa and 2.6.31 kernel on RadeonHD 3200 which is RV610.
        Sorry, but does git DRM compile against linux 2.6.28+?
        I thought it didn't on anything that wasn't 2.6.27/28. I even think I tried that myself this morning (don't remember exactly, sorry).

Anyone that could clarify that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loris View Post
          Sorry, but does git DRM compile against linux 2.6.28+?
          I thought it didn't on anything that wasn't 2.6.27/28. I even think I tried that myself this morning (don't remember exactly, sorry).

Anyone that could clarify that?
          fglrx doesn't support 2.6.29 or higher. The open source DRM certainly does.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamk View Post
            Just for the sake of completeness, there are patches that allow fglrx to work with 2.6.29-31, albeit with some (relatively harmless) side-effects.

Comment

• Doesn't dmesg get flooded with kernel messages?

Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by adamk View Post
                I haven't tried anything higher than 2.6.28 but the r6xx-r7xx-3d drm branch uses the init_mm symbol, I thought that symbol was removed in 2.6.29.

Comment

Hmm, still on 25fps here with latest git radeon, mesa and 3d branch of drm and kernel 2.6.28. I have the same IGP as yours.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm getting maybe 18fps on an rv620.

The drm code in agd5f's branch also needs patches to work with >2.6.28, I believe. I think nanonyme posted a patch on #radeon IRC. Once the code is working well enoug that it seems safe to merge (ie that the mesa/kernel API won't need to change then the code in agd5rf's drm branch will get updated to work with latest kernel. I imagine the changes will also work with earlier kernels but that is TBD right now.
                    Test signature

Comment

• Yeah, with the patches from nanonyme I have it working on

2.6.30 amd64 (64bit debian)
                      2.6.31-rc3 amd64 (64bit debian)
                      2.6.31-rc3 686 (32bit debian)

on my main machine I get 20fps

(radeon 4670-gpu, amdX2 5600-cpu)
                      Last edited by mcgreg; 03 August 2009, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X