Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Publishes FSR 3 Source Code

Phoronix: AMD Publishes FSR 3 Source Code

Back in September AMD released FidelityFX Super Resolution 3 (FSR3) and at the time they noted the open-source code would be made available "soon". As a nice Christmas present, the FSR3 source code is public as of today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

To clarify, you can't use recent FSR in a sort of game independent layer / filter way (like vkbasalt let's say), since it has temporal anti aliasing and has to be integrated with each game?

Comment

Not the Christmas gift I want from AMD (A graphical control panel with the same features as for Windows or at least a part of them), but good anyway!

As for Nvidia, fuck you again for being as selfish as always!
      You will not be forgotten for your piece of shit anti-open source, anti-Wayland attitude and anti-giving anything to the community who loves freedom and transparency!

Many thanks to AMD!

Comment

Thanks NVIDIA for giving me courage to try AMD. Couldn't be happier now!

I'm already using AMD in 5 computers at home and I've helped 3 of my friends build their desks with AMD hardware. There's more to come

Comment

>>This includes their full source code for DirectX 12 and Unreal Engine 5 integration.

What's the connection of FSR3 to DX12? Can it be done for Vulkan too?
          PS5 and Steam Deck are both AMD devices that can't run DX12, and would be major users of FSR3.

Comment

Would be nice if it could be integrated with Vulkan like they did for DX 12.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
              that can't run DX12
              They can, via a vulkan translation layer. I think that FSR 3 might even work that way.
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                Not the Christmas gift I want from AMD (A graphical control panel with the same features as for Windows or at least a part of them), but good anyway!
                Isn't most of that already available as sys interfaces? I know it's no GUI and that you asked for GUI but if the need for GUI was really there, it would probably have been implemented already (by AMD or a 3rd-party).

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
                  >>This includes their full source code for DirectX 12 and Unreal Engine 5 integration.

What's the connection of FSR3 to DX12? Can it be done for Vulkan too?
                  PS5 and Steam Deck are both AMD devices that can't run DX12, and would be major users of FSR3.
                  In github readme.
                  Known issues
                  FidelityFX FSR Vulkan® Vulkan support is in development and will be released in a future version.
                  FidelityFX FSR Cauldron The Cauldron backend is not supported by FSR3.

Comment

All Hail Our Holy Lady Dr. Lisa Su!!!

Also....

Comment

Working...
                    X