No announcement yet.

AMD Publishes FSR 3 Source Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny3 you sure sound like a guy that wanted nvidia but ended up with amd and don't like it very much and stil droll over nvidia and tries to find faults with nvidia so that he can feels good with amd.
    and you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by billli11 View Post

In github readme.
      Known issues
      FidelityFX FSR Vulkan® Vulkan support is in development and will be released in a future version.
      FidelityFX FSR Cauldron The Cauldron backend is not supported by FSR3.
      Thanks. As a Linux, PS5, and Steam Deck owner, I just forget Windows gaming is dominant, and uses DX12

Comment

Thank you Lisa Su! Recently I ditched crappy Intel Arc A770 for RX7800XT, couldn't be happier! Don't touch Intel shit at least for 3 years, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post

Thanks. As a Linux, PS5, and Steam Deck owner, I just forget Windows gaming is dominant, and uses DX12
          Some games like Halo Infinite run better for me with VKD3D (DirectX12) + Mesa 24.0 than they do in Windows 10 LTSC

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
            All Hail Our Holy Lady Dr. Lisa Su!!!

Also....

You have a screw loose.

Both Nvidia and AMD fanboys have issues, imho. They're corporations and are not your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post

Both Nvidia and AMD fanboys have issues, imho. They're corporations and are not your friends.
              Some are friendlier than others. Where's NVIDIA source code?
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

FSR 3?! Man, I thought we still were in 2!
                I need to catch up....

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post

You have a screw loose.

We know they are not friends. We buy products from companies that are opensource-friendly, and that's clearly not nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula

People simply need to stop buying the shit hardware from the chinese leather jacket guy. No KMS, no rootless X, no proper Wayland support, out of kernel modules that barely work, toxic attitude...
                    DLSS upscaling >> FSR upscaling
                    DLSS FG >> FSR FG
                    DLSS RR >> None from AMD currently
                    NVIDIA RT performance > AMD RT Performance
                    NVIDIA PT performance >> AMD is dead slow for PT

Shit hardware works great for the platform where people actually game instead of hating.

I'm against vendor locking as well, but I perfectly understand why Windows users prefer NVIDIA.

And obscure OS cry boys won't make a dent in how NVIDIA is perceived and loved. Your valiant slogans and calls won't be read by anyone except like-minded people who do not actually game or buy games. And if you're not into gaming, I don't even understand all the hate. Buy something with an IGP and enjoy gaming from 20 years ago.

AMD had no qualms creating and pushing proprietary vendor locked Mantle, remember? Ah, you don't, AMD is a saint for you. The truth is AMD doesn't fucking care about anyone here. They pretend to love Open Source as it gives them a small competitive edge over NVIDIA. If you persuade NVIDIA that Open Sourcing anything is beneficial for them, they'll follow the suit.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

Some are friendlier than others. Where's NVIDIA source code?
                      They just don't want to open source CUDA and DLSS as both are very hot things people actually use and need a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X