AMD Publishes FSR 3 Source Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avis View Post
    AMD had no qualms creating and pushing proprietary vendor locked Mantle, remember? Ah, you don't, AMD is a saint for you.
    LOL, I guess you don't know that Mantle was just the first iteration of what eventually became Vulkan
    Last edited by darkbasic; 14 December 2023, 04:25 PM.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

[/LIST]They just don't want to open source CUDA and DLSS as both are very hot things people actually use and need a lot.
      Nobody cares about DLSS because its implementation is **very** tied to their hardware and would make little sense trying to use it on other cards.
      I also don't agree with DLSS upscaling >> FSR upscaling and NVIDIA RT performance > AMD RT Performance​: there is a MUCH bigger gap in RT (where AMD is basically one generation behind) compared to upscaling where FSR2 is just slightly worse than DLSS.
      ## VGA ##

Comment

Also if you want to feather Nvidia's own nest you forgot to mention that Reflex works well and is widely supported while AMD's alternative is basically an hack.
        I could think about many more things but that doesn't change the fact that AMD has open source drivers while the only thing open for Nvidia is their stupid control panel.
        ## VGA ##

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

LOL, I guess you don't know that Mantle was just the first iteration of what eventually became Vulkan
          Ah, what a way to reinterpret history. It just failed to take off, so AMD reluctantly handed it to the Khronos group.

"First iteration", LMAO. "What eventually became Vulkan", LMAO.

Of course your wild speculations won't have any quotes.

Comment

Nobody cares about DLSS because its implementation is **very** tied to their hardware and would make little sense trying to use it on other cards.
            I also don't agree with DLSS upscaling >> FSR upscaling and NVIDIA RT performance > AMD RT Performance​: there is a MUCH bigger gap in RT (where AMD is basically one generation behind) compared to upscaling where FSR2 is just slightly worse than DLSS.
            Nobody cares about DLSS? LMAO.

Google for "Starfield DLSS" and all the surrounding drama. Unlike you I follow r/NVIDIA, r/AMD, TPU, Gamer Nexus, Hardware Unboxed, Digital Foundry and a ton more Windows only resources. And of course the fact that DXVK/Wine/Proton now support DLSS indicates "nobody cares".

FSR2 is only slightly worse than DLSS2? LMAO. Keep telling yourself the lies: FSR2 works great only in 4K quality mode. DLSS runs circles around it at almost everything else.

AMD fans sure live in an alternative reality. Sorry, pal, you're so completely out of the loop, please just don't quote me or reply to my messages any longer. Thanks! I'm just not interested in rabid forms of fanaticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post

You have a screw loose.

Both Nvidia and AMD fanboys have issues, imho. They're corporations and are not your friends.

1- Did I tagged you or mentioned you at all on my post?

2- Thanks for the insult and assumption of my mental status just because I made a joke.

3- Going by your post then, I will assume that you are a sane and healthy Intel fanboi?

Funny how fanbois are always the ones triggered by posts that do not include their favorite corporations AND then throw down the famous "Corporations are not your friends" statement......

Comment

Also if you want to feather Nvidia's own nest you forgot to mention that Reflex works well and is widely supported while AMD's alternative is basically an hack.
                I could think about many more things but that doesn't change the fact that AMD has open source drivers while the only thing open for Nvidia is their stupid control panel.
                NVIDIA does have open source drivers: https://github.com/NVIDIA/open-gpu-kernel-modules/

DLSS and CUDA are not part of the driver.

Comment

Nobody cares about your bullshit discussion about AMD vs NVidia. This is a FSR3 thread. Please go to the playground to talk about who is the bigger/lesser evil.

Comment

DLSS upscaling >> FSR upscaling
                    DLSS FG >> FSR FG
                    This isn't true for every game out there and doesn't tell the whole story. Nvidia was first for those technologies, true. Quality of FSR doesn't always match nvidia, true. But for example AMD just got very favorable reviews for FSR and FSR FG in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora cited all over the net. I read a review here, but it's in german:

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora sieht fantastisch aus, benötigt dafür aber eine schnelle Grafikkarte. Das Spiel inklusive FSR 3 im Test.

I know there are some reviews in english language, but i didn't memorize those when I saw them because I read that linked one at first.

​DLSS RR >> None from AMD currently

Thats right, but it even barely works reasonably on a 4090 which isn't mainstream either and still tends to go up in flames when being under load.

[QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​NVIDIA RT performance > AMD RT Performance
                    [QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​
                    True for the high end, but at midrange cards AMD does compete very well and has more VRAM.

[QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​NVIDIA PT performance >> AMD is dead slow for PT
                    [QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​
                    Whats PT Performance? PyTorch?

If yes than it's also a question how much money you're willing to pit at the problem. There are some ranges where AMD competes very well in PyTorch nowadays.

Also see:https://pytorch.org/blog/amd-extends-support-for-pt-ml/

[QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​​Shit hardware works great for the platform where people actually game instead of hating.
                    [QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​​
                    Right, nvidia GPUs do work on windows most of the time, but I don't know why we're talking windows once again.

[QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​​​I'm against vendor locking as well, but I perfectly understand why Windows users prefer NVIDIA.
                    [QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​​​
                    Except they don't. Intel owns many many users, Nvidia and AMD are both much smaller. Nvidia does own slightly more users than AMD but at no really big numbers and not upfront.

See here:https://wccftech.com/gpu-market-rebo...crete-gpus-up/

[QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​​​​And obscure OS cry boys won't make a dent in how NVIDIA is perceived and loved.
                    [QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​​​​
                    There is no needm so why bother. Linux users outsmart Windows users in their choice of a minority OS, at least on desktop, not concerning servers, mobile, etc. We're also able to do smarter buys on GPUs. No trouble, we know first.

[QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​​​​​Your valiant slogans and calls won't be read by anyone except like-minded people who do not actually game or buy games. And if you're not into gaming, I don't even understand all the hate. Buy something with an IGP and enjoy gaming from 20 years ago.
                    [QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​​​​​
                    Still hilarious. You're right in shouting at phoronix forums doesn't change any big stuff. Xorg will be dead, no matter how much, how often and how loud you whine. In the same manner noone here will change the GPU market, neither me nor you. But you're wrong about gaming. I for example do like to game, from indie titles to AAA titles. My AMD GPU does serve me well, I don't really miss a lot.

[QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​​​​​​AMD had no qualms creating and pushing proprietary vendor locked Mantle, remember? Ah, you don't, AMD is a saint for you. The truth is AMD doesn't fucking care about anyone here. They pretend to love Open Source as it gives them a small competitive edge over NVIDIA.
                    [QUOTE=avis;n1428566]
                    ​​​​​​​
                    Except AMD brought mantle to the table and gave it away to form fundamentals of Vulkan. Vulkan wouldn't be there without AMD and we all here can really be thankful for vulkan to exist.

​​​​​​​​If you persuade NVIDIA that Open Sourcing anything is beneficial for them, they'll follow the suit.
                    I don't see any evidence for that claim. Instead in the past they've pretty often been hostile instead of neutral. They're acting kinda like you which is funny and might be the reason you're fanboying them so blindly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathias View Post
                      Nobody cares about your bullshit discussion about AMD vs NVidia. This is a FSR3 thread. Please go to the playground to talk about who is the bigger/lesser evil.
                      I was not the one who brought up NVIDIA in this discussion. I was actually the third man to do so and only to dispel a new doze of myths because haters often confuse reality with their beliefs.

Maybe you could tell you fellow NVIDIA haters not to hijack threads about your sacred company. TBO I do not care about companies, but some people definitely want to have a love/hate relationship with them despite companies mostly caring only about their bottom line.

Comment

Working...
                      X