No announcement yet.

AMD Announces The Radeon RX 6700 XT For $479

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s just it, like you said, it’s relative. I could not figure out why you said that it wasn’t

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix_is_awesome View Post

Don't wanna be argumentative. But to bench a 192bit 12GB VRAM card against 3070 8GB at 1440P Ultra to intentionally bust through the 3070's 8GB VRAM is kinda bad benchmarking in my mind. Plus running a 192Bit card at 230W vs 3060's 170W is another no no. No ROCm support, no tensorcores. The only upside is non-castrated hashing rate. This is not a gamer's card. It is squarely targeted at full hashrate miners.
      You're not succeeding in your non-argumentative arena. 6700XT has 50% more VRAM than 3070, different cache structure, etc. If AMD is to be believed the 6700XT bests the 3070 where it matters while costing less. So it is neither here nor there to talk of the comparison being unfair because of the VRAM difference.

Subsequently comparing the power consumption of 6700XT against less expensive cards that the 6700XT without a doubt trounces is again, not there and certainly not here. In the name of fairness: the 6700XT and the 3070 have comparable power consumption and comparable price. In due course, I think we can expect AMD to produce a worthy competitor to the 3060's of Nvidia in terms of price and performance but 3060's have no place in this discussion.

Comment

If you care about raising price "norms", you should blame Intel and NVIDIA first. By introducing that bullshit i9 branding into the mainstream Intel has risen price bar for mainstream high end, which made easier to price mid-range higher too with following generations. NVIDIA, on the other hand, made similar thing with an introduction of "Titan" class years ago and the most recent garbage value Turing prices 3 year ago. 5700 series price was really not that great, it was OK only because Turing price was horrible, non-S variants at least. So yeah, AMD is playing the same game. I'm not a fan of 500USD midrange GPU, but since RX 6700XT seems to be somewhat similar to RTX3070 in raster, the price is also somewhat similar. That is how economy works I'm afraid.

Of course you will never hear birdie criticizing Intel or NVIDIA regarding prices, because it's OK if they do it. As long as they drop some castrated, segmented, locked down version of a normal product at acceptable price point - no critique required LOL I remember 9000 series impressions very well. Like "It's not big deal that 9700K has no HT, since performance is similar to 8700K". Yeah, it's not big deal to pay more for new gen and get nothing at all in a form of castrated chip, which should have been 9700K in the first place. LOL

Anyway. Point being - at this moment in time brands are not actually competing on price. Those upcoming Intel 11 gen - i5 K model will start at 300+. And this trend will continue. But birdie will be ok with that price, cause it's not AMD product.
        Last edited by drakonas777; 04 March 2021, 04:37 AM.

Comment

This is insane, 192Bit GPU at nearly $500. What is AMD smoking pricing their 192Bit GPU at 479 against Nvidia's 192Bit 3060 at MSRP $329?
          what are you smoking measuring videocards in memory bus width?

Comment

Don't wanna be argumentative. But to bench a 192bit 12GB VRAM card against 3070 8GB at 1440P Ultra to intentionally bust through the 3070's 8GB VRAM is kinda bad benchmarking in my mind. Plus running a 192Bit card at 230W vs 3060's 170W is another no no.
            if you don't want to be argumentative, avoid posting bullshit arguments. nobody cares how many bits it has. what people do care is how much it costs, how much it burns and what fps it achieves. everything else is excuses of butthurt nvidiots

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
              You had an entire year to solve that problem.
              lol how do you solve "global wafer shortage" in an "entire year" ? scream loudly on forums?

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
                Second-sourcing would still provide you with more capacity?!
                there's no second source of 7nm. and "global shortage" means "all sources shortage"

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  Y'all take your profits and invest in your own manufacturing facilities instead of waiting in the queue at other places.
                  it looks like you had no profits to invest into your brains. their own manufacturing is what got them into troubles and now it is stuck at 12nm forever, because it takes whole world's profits to invest into tsmc's manufacturing facilities
                  Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  I smoke a lot of weed
                  it explains your brain damage

Comment

I would argue that RDNA2 is a horrible architecture
                    i would argue that you are butthurt nvidiot. your posts prove it

Comment

The correct price for this is 350/370$

Comment

Working...
                      X