Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
    Supply and demand baby
    this is all relative... if you look at geizhals.de a 6900XT is at 1627€ and a 3090 is at 2469,90€...
    this means AMD is already cheap.
    https://geizhals.de/amd-tuf-gaming-r...loc=at&hloc=de
    https://geizhals.de/msi-geforce-rtx-...loc=at&hloc=de

but no one force you to buy this stuff. and right now you can't use raytracing with MESA/ACO

so why even buy it? i have a vega64 and i can use it for 6 more month and then MESA/ACO supports raytracing on 6000XT...

and you get a vega64 for 220-250€ right now on ebay.
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

this is all relative…

Did you think that supply and demand were constants and not variables?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

but thats only because the peoples attention is only on some high-end parts with massive chip shortage.
        i have a TR 1920X.. and even the 1950X is very cheap:

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, 16C/32T, 3.40-4.00GHz, 180watt
        https://geizhals.de/amd-ryzen-thread...loc=at&hloc=de
        chiplet design of 2 chips 449€
        i bought 6 vega64 in 2017 and i still use 2 and the others i sold them the last to for only like 220€ and 250€
        128gb DDR4 3200mhz is 400€ with ECC it is 700€
        the cheapest TR4 mainbord is 230€

this means if you use a 1950X + vega64 +128gb ram it is only 1280€

to upgrade the vega64 to RX5700 is not worth it it is only 10% faster in average...

and 6000XT amd GPUs are totally overpriced right now and you can't use raytracing with MESA/ACO right now so you better stay away from this for another 6 month.
        You and i both have the money to buy anything we want but most people don't. When you say 1280 lower your head please. Start thinking with 300, especially when consoles can offer high end with 400. An 8 core Arm with 5-6 Teraflops Gpu, 16GB fast Ram and ultra fast 500GB Nvme, fanless 0.5 liter, can cost less than 300, even close to 200.

Comment

I appreciate how workstation cards are beginning to look non-overpriced.

Comment

Did you think that supply and demand were constants and not variables?
            i just say it is relativ to the point that some people are so rich they don't care about the price at all
            some others care about the price because they are poor.
            and if someone want buy 6900XT instead of 3090 he saves a lot of money.

however supply and demand market mechanisms always work thats for sure.
            but all the people blame amd for expensive price and nvidia is like 1000€ higher price for like 5% faster at 4K (if the 5900 is water cooled and OC)

why not blame nvidia for the high price? i say it is supply and demand as you said and i do not blame nvidia
            i just don't care about nvidia at all because of the closed source driver.

Comment

I don’t get the point you were trying to make by saying that “supply and demand” is relative

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
                You and i both have the money to buy anything we want but most people don't. When you say 1280 lower your head please. Start thinking with 300, especially when consoles can offer high end with 400. An 8 core Arm with 5-6 Teraflops Gpu, 16GB fast Ram and ultra fast 500GB Nvme, fanless 0.5 liter, can cost less than 300, even close to 200.
                the price of playstation5 and xbox is a lie. because sony and microsoft lose money on every sale. they later get the money back on game sales.

if you want to lower the price you need to do something likt this: now a pc has RAM and a SSD but this is wrong if you want to build cheap pc... then your best friend is NVRAM Non-volatile_random-access_memory
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-vo...-access_memory
                this means instead of a SSD of 256GB and 128gb of ram you only buy 256gb NVRAM DIMMS and NO SSD at all.
                this lowers the cost by 400€ because 128gb DDR4 ram costs you 400€

if you want to lower the costs ARM is the wrong way because this company makes a lot of money with licences of the ISA and design.
                then you go with RISC-V or even better OpenPOWER. I do not like RISC-V but i like OpenPOWER
                this reduce the licence costs to ZERO... and it is also very modern RISC design.

right now you have to pay for GPU IP intulectual property
                but if you establish an opensource gpu design like openPOWER is for the CPU ISA world then the costs of such SOCs will go down.
                Last edited by qarium; 03 March 2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I don’t get the point you were trying to make by saying that “supply and demand” is relative
                  the mechanism itself is not relative. but the customers are. some are rich they don'T care about the price at all.
                  some are poor they don't buy anything even if they have demand...
                  some people even get supply and they do not even have demand at all

like [email protected] he gets a lot of gaming graphic cards and he never play any game...

Comment

What do you mean, “the mechanism itself is not relative”? You’re not making sense…

Comment

What do you mean, “the mechanism itself is not relative”? You’re not making sense…
                      the mechanism “supply and demand” regulate the market thats for sure.
                      but different people react different to it.

some react like this: they don't but at all.
                      some buy whatever it costs
                      some buy slower/older used hardware on ebay to save money.
                      some people invest and create a new companie to profit from thr high demand.

and this is what i call relative.

ok i did the best i can to explain what i mean by saying this.

but yes you can still say i do not make sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X