No announcement yet.

Huawei Linux Laptop Driver Improvements On The Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to be fun. Huawei was doing a lot of silicon desgn as HiSilicon.

This most likely will slow down arm push into servers. Of course what instruction set does HiSilicon developers go with in future.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

They had(have?) their own distro don't they? RedOS or something. And Deepin is a DE from China. Many citizens though are just comfortable using Windows or macOS, Linux is ok in a controlled environment, but can be otherwise limiting/frustrating for those less invested in it compared to the competing operating systems. Although at a hotel there the PC had Windows XP, and a company I visited was on Windows 7 still.

I don't know if it happens in western countries, but one thing that really annoyed me in China was how it apparently had no laws against advertising/marketing spamming your number(chinese sim card). Lots of SMS and some calls, locals were just used to it. I otherwise enjoyed the stay, in the city it wasn't too different from those I'm used to in the western world(advertising on the streets can be pretty bad/noisy too, some street vendors have a megaphone attached to a playback device on loop). I went to a tech expo and while I recognized a lot of the stuff companies were promoting as not all that innovative/unique, there was some of it, of interest was a school for children/teenagers focused on teaching innovation/invention, the students had come up with some cool stuff, I just played games at that age!
      I believe you are thinking about Red Star OS, that's based in N Korea. Deepin is produced in China though.

Comment

Interesting to read those comments as an European.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          They are past that stage. Way past that stage. Are you still stuck in the 80s perhaps?
          Uh you yourself in this very thread, right before my post talk about their mindset there. Simple fact is you produce in China your tech is going to get stolen, and the Chinese are completely reliant on this as their form of tech progression. So don't throw this "It's not the 80s" crap at me.

Comment

Originally posted by trethlyn View Post
            I think Trump really underestimated Chinese need for the US market and just cost US companies billions. I'm betting this is the final straw to shift the global dynamic to China based power. There will probably be a slew of new chip makers in China.
            Use your favored translator (e.g. https://www.deepl.com/en/translator ) to take a look some decades ago where japan was the bad guy: https://www.taz.de/!5380060/

Even somebody wrote the music 40 years ago about what happens today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSOp507HJMA
            Last edited by dibal; 23 May 2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
              Simple fact is you produce in China your tech is going to get stolen, and the Chinese are completely reliant on this as their form of tech progression.
              Stating again the same stupid racist cold-war bs does not make it any more true.
              They did jump-start by copying, and there is still a lot of copying, especially in the lower-cost markets. But they are not reliant on copying anymore.

They have amassed enough to be able to do research and improvements on their own.
              Last edited by starshipeleven; 23 May 2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                We will see if Trump and US Government is so stupid that they ruin US industry with stupid laws. China is the largest raw material supplier to US and factories stop if China stops delivering raw material. Be ready to live in year 1600 style in US.
                Finally something we agree haha

Comment

Originally posted by Flaburgan View Post
                  Interesting to read those comments as an European.
                  Or as south american (don't like the term Latin America)

Comment

Hmmm... well, I guess it takes a Trump to have wider Linux adoption!

Comment

USA has begat to act like a maniac in increasing pace.

Comment

Working...
                      X