No announcement yet.

Steam Linux Usage Continued Falling In June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried Android x86 4.x on my laptop once...it crashed every few minutes do to buggy video drivers but the bigger problem is the vast majority of apps are optimized for touch which my laptop doesn't have and using the keyboard and mouse seemed to only work good for the browser and main menus .

I bet most of those AAA games behind pushed to Android by Nvidia will probably be locked to their SHIELD consoles. Just look how Portal and Half Life 2 are supported on Android.

It's not completely necessary to leave a GNU/Linux environment like Ubuntu or Arch to run most x86 Android apps and games, since that is already possible with Archon. ARM emulation is possible with Genymotion w/ Libhoudini ARM translation layer or Android SDK ARMv7 emulator.

Witcher 3 is suppost to come to GNU/Linux later and GTA V should start working when Crossover has DX10/11 implemented as is planned for later this year.

Comment

I have no longer ANY Windows machine...ALL systems are now running exclusively LINUX (still one using LINUX MINT, all others SLACKWARE).

I have STEAM installed in ALL systems.

I'm not asked to participate in the survey for MONTHS...and the last times i was asked, many months ago by now, was ONLY when i was using one of the last systems running Windows.

Something deeply wrong with these "surveys".

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
        You get the survey when you close steam. If you run steam all the time and never shut down the PC, then you will probably never see the survey. It's a bug by Valve.
        BS !
        I NEVER got the survey that way ! Only at *start* of STEAM...and yes, i switch off STEAM and the PCs.

Comment

I think Veske is saying that you see the survey at the start of Steam, so if you never close it (and hence never start it) you won't see the survey. No idea if this is true, just trying to help communication
          Test signature

Comment

I think these kind of headlines are misleading. It suggests that Linux users are leaving.

Whereas in reality steam is growing very aggressively on windows with big AAA titles coming out. That pushes linux percentages down in relative terms.. But it's not cause for alarm because the Linux userbase is still intact. It's important to note that the windows PC gaming scene is growing.
            Last edited by humbug; 02 July 2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              I think Veske is saying that you see the survey at the start of Steam, so if you never close it (and hence never start it) you won't see the survey. No idea if this is true, just trying to help communication
              An interesting trick for those complaining about never getting the survey in linux- if you ever get the survey popping up in windows steam then immediately restart your PC without declining or accepting the survey. Boot up in Linux and log into steam with same account, the survey will pop-up again in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Wind0zB3st
                WARG!
                Nothing to see here...move along. If by freeloader you mean 33 steam games, about as many playstation games, and quite a few DRM free games from humblebundle, then sure. I'm a gamer, just like you, l33t-master3000.

By your reasoning, Windows users are cheepskates, bee-tee-dubs:
                Average Windows: $7.09 Average Mac: $8.49 Average Linux: $8.40
                Last edited by Nobu; 02 July 2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
                  Nothing to see here...move along. If by freeloader you mean 33 steam games, about as many playstation games, and quite a few DRM free games from humblebundle, then sure. I'm a gamer, just like you, l33t-master3000.

By your reasoning, Windows users are cheepskates, bee-tee-dubs:
                  Only 33 games? LMAO. Here's my account, wow you're bad.

If you only own 33 games you're not a "gamer", you're a scrub. A filthy freeloading scrub in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by adakite View Post
                    What are the absolute values ? Giving the "%" is clearly not satisfying as the total amount of players can increase with a higher rate for Windows (and OSX ?) compared to Linux's.
                    Yeah, someone points this out every time Michael publishes one of these "Steam Linux usage dropping" articles, but he continues to publish them anyway.

Comment

Never got the survey. These stats are broken.

Comment

Working...
                      X