This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    I think this pretty much sums up how we have felt for the last 7 months after asking for an update
    Damn, dude...

I almost got in trouble laughing too hard up here at work reading that.

And yes, that strip pretty much sums up how most of the community feels about the whole thing.

Comment

people should start demanding money back. that'll make them try harder, assuming there will be enough people (not likely).

epic is trying to cover things up, by censoring their forums. fortunately they cannot do the same with news sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        Heh... Why do you think I called out the same behavior in the LGP DRM discussion thread. If you've got a problem with things, you need to either stick to your guns ALL THE WAY, or keep your trap shut- hypocrisy only breeds contempt and furthers the cause of the people you're trying to change or make a point to.
        i hear you!

Epic toys with Linux, id showed their full support, with fast linux binaries releases, and even better, it has opened their engines as GPL, which beyond any (casual) gamers' wish

i do appreciate the fact that a UT3 linux version (will) exists, yet i find no reason for a purchase at more than 8 months after the Windows release, looks like it was a smart decision to wait for the Linux release to get it, i'll test the Demo anyway, if such one exists afterall

Comment

Thanks for the update WarTourist. Of course, a few sentences are only something to be grateful for when compared with a half year of silence And having finally said something, if the client doesn't come out you're really dug yourself one.

UT3 is about the only reason I reboot anymore, and I'd really appreciate not having to.

Comment

Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
            Thanks for the update WarTourist. Of course, a few sentences are only something to be grateful for when compared with a half year of silence
            Thanks. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree about the silence bit. The FAQ was up to date with what we publically discussed about the linux client (last updated on 4/22/08). Between cutting and pasting that answer into every thread about the Linux client and linking to the FAQ, we choose linking to the FAQ.

Guess it's the personal touch :-).

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              Damn, dude...

I almost got in trouble laughing too hard up here at work reading that.

And yes, that strip pretty much sums up how most of the community feels about the whole thing.
              Can't confirm, but don't count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                Hi guys. Work on the UT3 linux client most defintely is progressing, albeit a lot slower than we anticipated. We don't discuss the status of patches until we know they're ready to be released. No conspiracy, just challenging work.

Thanks!
                I though the client was being held up due to legal issues... are you guys removing the offending code and implementing something in house then?

Originally posted by deanjo
                I think this pretty much sums up how we have felt for the last 7 months after asking for an update
                This "When it's done" BS has been done before and gives no credibility to if or when a product will be released.
                Haha brilliant!

Comment

Thanks. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree about the silence bit. The FAQ was up to date with what we publically discussed about the linux client (last updated on 4/22/08). Between cutting and pasting that answer into every thread about the Linux client and linking to the FAQ, we choose linking to the FAQ.

Guess it's the personal touch :-).
                  Updated? It says the same thing it did way before that date.

Q: Will there be a linux or Mac version of UT3?
                  A: We are currently working on a linux UT3 client that players will be able to use with the retail Windows version. As soon as it's available we'll announce it here. Work is also being done on a Mac retail version of UT3.
                  04-16-2008, 06:24 AM

A: We are currently working on a linux UT3 client that players will be able to use with the retail Windows version. As soon as it's available we'll announce it here. Work is also being done on a Mac retail version of UT3.
                  02-09-2008, 07:28 PM

12-17-2007, 10:15 AM

You haven't updated bubkus concerning the linux client.

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                    I though the client was being held up due to legal issues
                    This is an excellent example of why we don't discuss patch development publically until it's close to release. This information that didn't do anyone any good by being released.

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Updated? It says the same thing it did way before that date.
                    Right, because that statement is (and has been) accurate and up to date.

It sounds like the disconnect is people want to know more about the development of patches than we're willing to make public. I love that you guys are interested, but we've tried it both ways. In the end announcing things when they're guaranteed to happen generates less controversy and angst than announcing our "current plans" and having it change 15 times before the release because of standard development churn.

Comment

generates less controversy and angst than announcing our "current plans" and having it change 15 times before the release because of standard development churn.
                      Announced delays are better then leaving people to wonder what the status is. It doesn't take much to see what silence breeds. I can find examples all over the place where linux support was planned and never followed through (some places still have eta's saying their support will arrive Q2 of 2002).

Before the game was released we were told that it would be out shortly after the the game launch, then we were told that there was legal issues, and as it still sits you have done nothing but said it's being worked on.

Well there are examples all over the gaming world with games being "worked on" often that equates to someone having the sourcecode laying on their harddrive working on it "when they get around to it". Hell you guys let all the windows users know when there was a delays and gave a approx ETA. This smells more and more like a "Duke Nukem Forever" or "Falcon 4.0" timeline every day.

It's no wonder why Silicon Knights served you guys with a lawsuit for the delays and lack of promised features.

Comment

Working...
                      X