BioShock Infinite Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    It's 75% off right now in the Steam Store. (Offer ends 23 March)
    Thanks!
    As per your notice, I got it an played a bit.

It random crashes on me. I created forum thread and decided to see what devs will tell.777

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
      Thanks!
      As per your notice, I got it an played a bit.

It random crashes on me. I created forum thread and decided to see what devs will tell.777
      Might have been helpful to link the thread to here

Comment

there you go

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        Might have been helpful to link the thread to here
        I can run game. It's pretty sweet regarding performance. But game crashes in what appears to be random crashes. So far I noticed that it may crash when there is a "cutscene". Since there is no save or autosave - it's really annoying. About PC: Gentoo Amd64 bit OS 32 gigs of DDR3, 1866, no overclock Amd Vishera, no overclock Nvidia GTX660 with binary driver. 2 Gigs of Ram Asus mother board, which seems to work very stable with no crashes whatsoever with Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2.

Forum thread in steam where i report issue with game crashing on me.

Comment

Test Profile has to be fixed

The benchmark worked out for me after the following fixes:

1. Fix path to steam library(I use non-default one, so $DEBUG_REAL_HOME/.steam/steam/steamapps has no 'common' dir)
          2. Change game language to English, otherwise the resulting csv file is not parsed correctly and the resulting FPS is not shown, just 'no result' is reported.

As for the port itself I'm disappointed - it really sucks, that's what I see in MachineInfo in benchmark result csv:

and

Version Info: 32Bit Exe - 1.0.1642943 3/14/2014 12:00:00 AM

No SLI support(nvidia) on linux - FPS is even lower that in single GPU mode So this has to be played on windows actually(the executable is windows/32 bit), at least in case of SLI config...

Comment

I bought it and am very pleased with it

Originally posted by dimko View Post
            Thanks, I shall reconsider buying game. But I won't buy it full price as Steam doesn't support my distro, and in case it doesn't work for me - it means I lost money for nothing.

I also waited for a special promotion and bought it with a discount. I own an optimus notebook, not particularly powerful, but the game runs fine with medium settings. Finished it without any problems (except having to start steam with optirun/primusrun instead of just changing the launch options within steam). I do not care if it is a native port or if it uses a wrapper. Having played many games through wine I only care it works with linux. Based on this experience I will definitely purchase other eON based games.

Comment

Yes, Valve should support every little distro with their weird systems out there. Be it Arch, Gentoo or Parabola OS. Hell I think they should even go out and support stuff like Temple OS. Then noone can say that, "hey! it's not running on my distro". Plus it would be a very good move financially. The 0.00001% of the user base will bring in some serious cash to justify the development time.

Comment

Working...
              X