BioShock Infinite Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SXX⁣ View Post
    Of course it's using wrapper and it's not native game.

Good that I didn't bought it when first hear it's coming to Linux.
    Well done Although I'm not a gamer, I too would never buy a game which is not native. I comment on game topics sometimes because games can bring a lot of new Linux users.

Comment

You know you're going to see a lot of games like this using a wrapper for Linux for a while. Especially old games which were build from the ground up on Windows. When we see games using Vulkan then we'll see more native Linux games. One step at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post
        You don't happen to read Mahou Tsukai no Yome do you? It released a chapter titled that today and I almost never see that phrase so it seems an odd coincidence to me.
        I live in Dublin, Republic of Ireland, they use older phrases once every blue moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Yes, it uses eON. Yes, it detects Windows XP SP3 as the OS.... But so far in testing seems to be the best eON port so far.
          Thanks, I shall reconsider buying game. But I won't buy it full price as Steam doesn't support my distro, and in case it doesn't work for me - it means I lost money for nothing.

Comment

thank you

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            You know you're going to see a lot of games like this using a wrapper for Linux for a while. Especially old games which were build from the ground up on Windows. When we see games using Vulkan then we'll see more native Linux games. One step at a time.
            It gave my mind a peace.
            Also, knowing that windows 10 will be free for all, makes me worried...
            Last edited by dimko; 19 March 2015, 02:15 PM. Reason: a few spelling errors

Comment

It's 75% off right now in the Steam Store. (Offer ends 23 March)

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                It's not going to change things. You still have to buy a license when you buy a new computer, which is how 99.9% of people get windows. Only the upgrades on existing machines are now free, and hardly anyone spent money on that anyway, except the sorts of people who are going to remain on windows whether the upgrade is free or not.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                  It gave my mind a peace.
                  I'm not worried. The only reason Microsoft is doing this is because Linux is a growing presence for them. Windows is geared for the goals of Microsoft and their products. Linux is geared by everyone who becomes involved. With Windows you can have your OS in any color you want, so long as it's Black. With Linux you can make up the colors, so long as you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                    It's 75% off right now in the Steam Store. (Offer ends 23 March)
                    Thanks for the heads up I just went and bought it. Wrapper port or not a game with 94/100 metacritic rating at $7.50 with full controller and linux support is too tempting to not add to my steam library for when I build that steam box in November.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post
                      Thanks for the heads up I just went and bought it. Wrapper port or not a game with 94/100 metacritic rating at $7.50 with full controller and linux support is too tempting to not add to my steam library for when I build that steam box in November.
                      I did too and it runs very well. Even though I have unsupported hardware. There are some missing textures though, once the github tracker is up, I'll report them.

Comment

Working...
                      X