Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Really?

Windows has been using signed drivers and signed kernels since 2006. When did Linux even start doing so?

6 years later, and it was dragged into it kicking and screaming because of Secure Boot requirements.

And to date desktop Linux still doesn't have the equivalent of the Windows Sandbox.
    Proves nothing regarding windows being generally more secure. Nobody in this discussion has provided any proof for that yet. All you are writing about is your personal experience and certain OS features while the matter should be analysed in statistical manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      The Chinese have access to far more luxuries in their daily lives than you can ever hope to experience, you xenophobic failure of a human.
      If "The Chinese" means Xi Jin Ping and not his slaves, yeah.

I also said the chinese market, I don't care what they are ethnically, neither do I hate on them (hating on people for being poor is dumb, I just hate their regime but it's not their fault). The fact is that this market is skewing the statistics and does not apply his point, because ultimately it was his point that people in these statistics spend money. But they don't equally do it.

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

This is often the case. E.g., the automotive market in Europe. Brands that did well with quality grew into powerhouses: VW, Mercedes or BMW. And those that had a problem with quality like Rover or Lancia have disappeared from the market or now, and have a marginal share like Fiat or Alfa Romeo.
        And for every one of those there probably are thousands of counter examples, vhs vs betamax. Tap water vs bottled water. Budweiser vs Budvar and so on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          The only reason it fell was because of the chinese market, and most of those are so poor they won't pay for shit anyway and only play f2p games. So yes, nobody cares.
          Very poor.

China remains a powerhouse in the global games industry. It is the largest games market globally with one-third of global PC games revenue generated domestically. At the same time, Chinese game companies are expanding their reach globally, accounting for 39% of PC games revenue worldwide.
          China PC Games Market Report 2023: A Comprehensive Guide to Tap into and Navigate China's Lucrative PC Games Market - ResearchAndMarkets.com | Business Wire

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

And for every one of those there probably are thousands of counter examples, vhs vs betamax.
            Vhs was better for consumer because it had longer record time - that's why he won.

To record something sensible in Betamax, you had to use the Long Play mode, which had worse quality than SP in VHS.

Tap water vs bottled water.
            ????

In my country, bottled water is most often highly mineralized water. And tap water has few minerals.

Nobody pours bottled water into the kettle and boils nothing in it.

I drink bottled water only in hot weather, mainly when traveling.​

Budweiser vs Budvar and so on and on.
            A matter of taste. I won't go into such topics.​

Which is better Led Zeppelin or Dolly Parton? Dream Theatre or Mozart?

Comment

Originally posted by asoltesz View Post

You live in a parallel universe because this is complete nonsense in this one.
              drakonas777 I've joined local linux group on facebook, with about ~53k member. Almost every other/third day, there's member posting problems with linux installation or when updating. Or something gone wrong and they just can boot to grub. So yes, linux is not that stable. One major weakness of linux is: too fragmented. Myriad distros, ways of installation, ways of upgrade, package manager, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Etherman View Post

There is proprietary software such as Chrome and Steam running on just about every desktop distro.
                Google/Alphabet have man-hour for that, use customized linux for their products. As for Valve, well, they try to search for alternatives than have to pay 15-30% taxes to microsoft stores, Appstore, or Playstore.

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post

drakonas777 I've joined local linux group on facebook, with about ~53k member. Almost every other/third day, there's member posting problems with linux installation or when updating. Or something gone wrong and they just can boot to grub. So yes, linux is not that stable. One major weakness of linux is: too fragmented. Myriad distros, ways of installation, ways of upgrade, package manager, etc..
                  The same can be said about Windows commutative updates which always create a wave of problem reports in online platforms.

Comment

LMFAO. Did you look at the population?

Those statistics are about population so all that matters is GDP-per-capita or rather how much each individual pays on average. That's a simple fact they will never understand.

I get that communism is all about "shared slavery" but we're talking about Steam statistics here, and those show how many accounts play.

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
                      A matter of taste. I won't go into such topics.​
                      Funny considering your posts so far have been nothing but matters of taste. Your bias lets you believe that what you perceive as better is the objective truth so you don't realise that you only argue in subjective terms.

Comment

Working...
                      X