PCSX2 Emulator Disables Wayland Support By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mSparks View Post

weird. must be something the flatpak builders did vs FC39?
    Possibly. The point stands that CSD relies on each application to get the functionality I want correct while SSD delegates it to a single central place.

Comment

must just be a documentation problem then, I dont see any instructions there for windows, mac or X11 linux machines.
      What do I need to do to get this to work on my macbook air? does it even build for apple silicon?
      You just need to install Wayland. That's no different than X for windows or wayland linux machines - you'll need to install either X or wayland in order to run those applications remotely.

As for mac os, i'll be honest - i kind of assume there's a way to make wayland run on it, but I have no idea. If there isn't, someone probably needs to start working on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

You just need to install Wayland. That's no different than X for windows or wayland linux machines - you'll need to install either X or wayland in order to run those applications remotely.

As for mac os, i'll be honest - i kind of assume there's a way to make wayland run on it, but I have no idea. If there isn't, someone probably needs to start working on that.
        I dont "install X" on any of them, putty for windows, xquartz for mac, juicessh for android. access and control everything from my home media server (I recently just started forwarding sayonara instead of VLC player, quite like it, but still looking for a better one) to debugging and monitoring HPC nodes in other countries.
        Last edited by mSparks; 03 December 2023, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I dont "install X" on any of them, putty for windows, xquartz for mac, juicessh for android.
          If you are viewing X applications remotely, then yes you have.

The name of xquartz should be a dead giveaway. That's an X server running over quartz, similar to xwayland being an x server running over wayland. Maybe putty/juicessh is bundling x too, I'm not sure. But you've definitely installed it one way or another.

Comment

Working...
          X