Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam On Linux Percentage Dips Further In September, AMD Powers 70% Of Linux Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Citan View Post
    Could you please learn how to write proper English?
    I don't have time for extra English lessons. Work, other programming projects after work, hobbies, family. I don't have time.

I am able to communicate on the street as a tourist. At work my level of English is sufficient so it is not my prority.

But satisfying a Linux fan is hard - lol.​
    Your comment is so low-level on grammar it's hardly understandable.
    As a rule, people who speak English understand me, and I work with people from all over the world, but these are intelligent people, but whose English is a second language.

So could you improve your intelligence?

AAA publishers won't care about native Linux games unless marketshare grows up to 50% which will probably never happen.
    And when Linux was entering Steam you wrote that it will quickly destroy windows, because it is cheaper and faster and gamers will choose this system.

But after 10 years and apparent failure, there has been a change in the narrative.​

Putting that aside, AAA publishers won't care about native Linux games unless marketshare grows up to 50% which will probably never happen.
    However, if getting 2 million potential more sales on a 70$ game only requires 1-2% more effort in design and development by favoring cross-platform libraries and good practices, they will definitely do it.

As for the indie developers, they have never been successful enough to put aside a potential market of several million users especially when those have a fat better chance to look for their game and appreciate the effort poured in.
    Interpret it however you want.

The fact is that only the Windows compatibility layer saves Linux games.

The monthly fluctuation of Widnows popularity on Steam is larger than all Linux users.

Linux with such a low user base is irrelevant. That's why games are not released natively on Linux.

You predicted the rapid defeat of Windows on the desktop, the domination of the PC market. For years I have read predictions of Windows defeat uttered by Linux users, so that now I don't take seriously what you write in the context of Linux vs Windows, because you are fantasizing.​
    Last edited by HEL88; 05 October 2023, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Citan View Post
      Let's remind you that I only picked the "active peak users". [...]
      Maybe you can find interesting that post:

"2,151,600 estimated "monthly active users" for Linux+Steam.

To be clear, that is not the total, that is monthly active".​

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
        And when Linux was entering Steam you wrote that it will quickly destroy windows, because it is cheaper and faster and gamers will choose this system.
        Please, quote me. I'm not even sure I've been on Phoronix since 10 years in the first place (otherwise, I don't thank you for the reminder about passing time xd).

EDIT: juste realized we had the join date below the name. So here you go. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X