Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam On Linux Usage Spikes To Nearly 2% In July, Larger Marketshare Than Apple macOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by partcyborg View Post

Those people just run windows 10. There is absolutely no reason to install 11 over 10 anyway
    I'm not a fan of 11 nor 10 but to entertain your statement: Windows 11 has a ton of new features in the OS plumbing areas. Nested virtualization on AMD with hyper-v combined with WSL2 which allows you to build some unique kernels and pass hardware accelerated tasks down to your VMs. It works for 3D, compute and media encoding.

I have run iommu / vfio on Linux for over a decade the new Windows features looks very appealing to me but for now I have specifically disabled my TPM in my bios to prevent my OS from updating.

Comment

• Originally posted by marios View Post

If it is even a little slower, it is slow...
      No?
      Who finishes 3rd at the 100 metres is slower than the 1st, but they're not slow by any means!

PS: I'm sorry to reply after days

Comment

• Originally posted by hel88 View Post

as i said:

On windows hardware works, programs work, games work.......

roflmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
          You write that he was constantly catching viruses and had a broken system, and I wonder how?

You tell fairy tales for me. Or you left your grandfather with an administrative account with all restrictions removed for convenience, and he would download various garbage from the network and run it.​
          Do you remember the good old Windows XP days?

From observation, the problems were mostly caused by impatient clicking around.
          Most of the time he just broke his profile beyond repair but a couple of times he managed to break the OS with his restricted account - once it was a bug in Windows and the other times he got himself owned by malware.

Do you know what a "privilege escalation" is? Here are some examples: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey...ion+privileges

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
          My company uses thousands of Windows, my 'normal user' friends also use Windows and no one has a problem with viruses.

I go to this forum and it turns out that the virus does not stop infecting Windows. Probably in your imagination.​
          We also have thousands of Windows machines and get dozens of detected and blocked events per week but I don't know how many don't get detected and blocked and require the machines to be replaced for re-imaging.

Maybe go and have a chat with your SOC about the current state of affairs?

I don't know how many friends and family you have but I was called at least a dozen times in the last quarter century to fix infected PCs. Granted, it got better or store support services or the next generation took over my tech support for a dinner scheme. You know, my response times got worse over the years, as I got a career in IT and a family.

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
          Don't be a communist and don't say what's good for whom.
          I reported my personal experience and you accuse me to be a political extremist and telling "fairy tales" - what's wrong with you?!

Comment

• Originally posted by nivag View Post

...out way...

[edit: added a missing word]
            ​

Outweigh. I'll go away now
            Hi

Comment

• Originally posted by stiiixy View Post

Outweigh. I'll go away now
              Darn ...

Somebody with an even more perverse sense of humour than me!

Comment

• It was another late night post, and I wasnt sure if I was missing a joke. You had already corrected yourself twice, so I had figured as much, but the urge, I couldnt resist the Spell Bug's bite
                Hi

Comment

It was another late night post, and I wasnt sure if I was missing a joke. You had already corrected yourself twice, so I had figured as much, but the urge, I couldnt resist the Spell Bug's bite
                  Actually, it was a mistake on my part -- but I only just realized it abut 2 hours ago while riding on a bus!

When I replied before, I had not looked back to get the correct context.

Note that the words [wasnt] and [couldnt], should both have an apostrophe between the [n] and [t]!
                  Last edited by nivag; 09 August 2023, 04:05 AM.

Comment

• Doesn't matter anyway, most native English speakers can't even speak it anyways (the real one or the US variant in its simplified form), and if you even so much as try to improve your comprehension, you're ridiculed into oblivion for stinking of effort.

Doesnt stop me poking people on occassion, no malice intended.
                    Hi

Comment

Doesn't matter anyway, most native English speakers can't even speak it anyways (the real one or the US variant in its simplified form), and if you even so much as try to improve your comprehension, you're ridiculed into oblivion for stinking of effort.

Doesnt stop me poking people on occassion, no malice intended.
                      You forgot apostrophe on the last "Doesn't" and a "from" before "poking".

Also occassion is spelled occasion.

Comment

Working...
                      X