ASUS Details ROG Ally Specs - $699 Gaming Handheld With AMD Z1 Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avis View Post
    Um, nice discussion we've got here, more people join in to support ad hominem and insults. "Microshite" has a valuation close to $2.3 billion. What have you achieved? May I get your credentials please? Or you're here anonymously to slander incredibly successful companies?
    this number "$2.3 billion" has only relevance for Plutocrats means people who believe that the one with the most money should rule the world.
    we get it you are a plutocrat because of this this number is important for you.

outside of these plutocrat world no one cares if they make 10 billion or 100 billion dollars..
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

A lot of these 3rd party companies use the No need to deal with compatibility issues or non working anti-cheat problems as a advertising bullet point.

There are still loads of developers or publishers resisting the idea of anti-cheat under Linux/Proton unfortunately; I see daily comments about people less informed about this issue having the problem with their Linux install or SD. It's not going away.

Comment

Originally posted by citral View Post
        What tells you it's selling so well? The subreddit has literally 500 members...
        The sales numbers... there's this thing called a preorder. The product was literally unveiled less than a month ago at this point, and none have shipped to the public, it's not going to have an active subreddit.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

The sales numbers... there's this thing called a preorder. The product was literally unveiled less than a month ago at this point, and none have shipped to the public, it's not going to have an active subreddit.
          Why not? The deck had a huge one way before it even shipped. Also countless people are cancelling their preorder now that the cat is out of the bag. It's about 75% slower than the deck at 10W and gets obliterated at 7W, the lowest it can go. It's not portable.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

Whoa, stretching Linux to the limits, aren't we?

1. What parts of the internet? Most high speed Internet switches are on OSes which have nothing to do with Linux, i.e. Cisco.
            2. OK, web servers run Linux, so what, is this a bloody desktop OS? Do your web server also have Xorg/Wayland/DE/anything? No? Nothing? Let me tell you what they have: CPU/RAM/storage/NIC and that's just it. Not even a keyboard, mouse or display. A huge chunk of them are virtualized, so in reality they have nothing. Everything is virtualized.
            3. Do you know what else runs Linux? Supercomputers, but what are we discussing here? Yeah, a bloody rich desktop OS which means a lot more than that. It means display output and recording (i.e. casting/streaming, oh boy, Linux sucks for that), UI, 2D/3D graphics, mouse/keyboard input, audio output and input, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, do not try to reason with me like a guy later in the discussion opined because I'll destroy you with heavy blunt arguments.

Linux fans for some reasons try to use this stupid meaningless argument of web servers/supercomputers and even bloody Android which only has the heavily patched old Linux kernel and that's it. So bloody pathetic.
            Thank you for explaining how a Linux server looks like to an AWS engineer
            And regarding "high speed internet switches", it really depends on the vendor, but the example you brought is partially wrong: CIsco's IOS is proprietary, but IOS XE is Linux-based, and IOS XR is QNX-based. So it really depends on which switch you're using. Other vendors line Juniper are 100% Linux-based. And the switches we develop and use internally in AWS are also 100% Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post

Thank you for explaining how a Linux server looks like to an AWS engineer
              And regarding "high speed internet switches", it really depends on the vendor, but the example you brought is partially wrong: CIsco's IOS is proprietary, but IOS XE is Linux-based, and IOS XR is QNX-based. So it really depends on which switch you're using. Other vendors line Juniper are 100% Linux-based. And the switches we develop and use internally in AWS are also 100% Linux.
              How any of this is even remotely related to desktop Linux?
              Last edited by avis; 24 May 2023, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X