Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh good lord are you serious?

Comment

• So just out of curiosity, where are we at right now, Svartalf? Has contact been made on any of the things suggested in the last month or so? Initial thoughts on any of them? Things that you think would be cool to work on? Progress on your current projects?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• I know this would probably come across as a silly suggestion, but what about Mechwarrior 3015? I realise that it won't be released for a couple of years, and there's nothing to say it will actually be released, but as far as I can see it has no publisher, and the technology (being based on UE3) wouldn't be impossible to see on other platforms.

Maybe if someone gets in early enough and whispers in the ear of the developers (being Piranha Games) that Linux is more than a pie in the sky idea....

Comment

• Morrowind is NOT a dead end for porting. It is already in process of being ported, and making great progress. OpenMW is actually much more than a port though, since it is switching the engine to OGRE, which will make it vastly more flexible.

OpenMW is an open-source open-world RPG game engine that supports playing Morrowind.

They have completely secured the rights from Bethesda for this project. The only catch is that all users must own a legal copy of Morrowind.
          Last edited by EmbraceUnity; 29 July 2009, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• I'll give a vote for Heroes of Might and Magic V. The rights are currently held by Ubisoft I believe. And a +1 for Trackmania by Nadeo. All the other things I would want are mentioned in the list already but hopefully by getting what titles we can the publishers will be more open to designing their games with multiple platforms in mind. Even if they are just designed with that in mind to allow easy porting later would be a great step forward.

Comment

• Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars. It's currently a PSN exclusive, which is sad because they're using Unreal. The game is a blast to play split-screen, so being able to play on LAN would be fantastic. Admittedly, this one's a bit of a long shot, but I can dream, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by EmbraceUnity View Post
                Morrowind is NOT a dead end for porting. It is already in process of being ported, and making great progress. OpenMW is actually much more than a port though, since it is switching the engine to OGRE, which will make it vastly more flexible.

OpenMW is an open-source open-world RPG game engine that supports playing Morrowind.

They have completely secured the rights from Bethesda for this project. The only catch is that all users must own a legal copy of Morrowind.
                yeah, its not a port at all - and i'm pretty sure they don't have any rights from bethesda, nor do i think they need them, as they aren't replicating the game media.

furthermore i know svartalf has said before he's talking about legitamate linux installers that include game media and everything, thats not what open morrowind is, its a technical re-implementation that requires the orriginal game media to import textures from.

Comment

• Seriously, I'd love to see a port of "Startopia" and I'd pay up to 100 Euro to buy such a port.

Comment

• Aquaria

As Aquaria is already on the list as "being looked into", i thought i'd let you know that Alec Holowka (the developer) has recently posted on the Bit Blot forums that he is open to having someone "trustworthy" take over his abandoned Linux port.

Comment

• good work ma man and welcome to phoronix. Good to know people behind the scenes do care

Comment

Working...
                      X